N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Engine change

General chat related to anything N12.
pig009

Engine change

Post by pig009 »

Hay can any one help me out does a N/A engine drop straight in to a turbo engine bay if so/not whats needed to do this
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Straight drop in but different clutch, flywheel and starter.
If you want to use an ET box, youll need the ET fly, clutch and starter and vice versa.
If your dropping the atmo transmission in along with the motor then the drive shafts will go straight in.
I cant remember about the lower radiator inlet tho. Youll get around that.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

and with ur fuel system, take the carb manifold off and use the efi manifold, make it fuel injected using ur standard ecu and pipe up the afm to ur throttlebody and wack a pod filter on there, should go nice, the carb e15 goes hard, efi should go good
red top GTI-R sr20det powered ET pulsar, nistune daughter board, z32 afm, 660cc injectors, garrett gt2876r, e-boost 2, 3inch exhaust system, custom exhaust manifold, 38mm external waste gate, 6 speed vlsd gearbox
pig009

engine change

Post by pig009 »

I have a turbo and a N/A complete cars but the turbo car wiring to run the engine has been butchered has no loom under bonnet and no ECU i was going to drop the n/a engine in the turbo body as it has better safty parts thanks for helping me out
dexi_styles

Re: engine change

Post by dexi_styles »

pig009 wrote:I have a turbo and a N/A complete cars but the turbo car wiring to run the engine has been butchered has no loom under bonnet and no ECU i was going to drop the n/a engine in the turbo body as it has better safty parts thanks for helping me out
I have a NOT SO butchered Loom if you need it. I think i wanted $50 for it.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
pig009

loom

Post by pig009 »

the loom has been cut at the firer wall and not one wire is in the engine bay thats how bad it was they stuffed a good car