N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Wiring.............

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Escalating? no. Making a point in no uncertain terms.

Civil? Yep. Youd prefer I be really abusive so to give you something to grizzle about?
Get over it.
baaaahahahahah!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Thanks for your comments about what i wrote E. I can see the difference between the 2 threads and agree with your response. Im keen to just read what you have to say about what your doing at home with your projects.

I have learned heaps about my car from you and others and just look forward to simple straight up stories about car related adventures. Im sorry for butting in and was just trying to be a peace keeper. I didnt mean to make it worse or offend you or Baz.

thanks mate.
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

I agree with Callum on this one.

Im wondering were the fuck you get so much time to type so much evan?? Nothing better to do then flame people on the net eh??

lots of love
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

ok back on topic.

My question again E, should i go for the high spark coil when i upgrade to the microtech?? Or is the standard coil fine to use, till i get to a multi coil setup???
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Etone, I dont really give a shit who you agree with and what you think about this topic.
I do suggest you keep your nosey mouth shut and stay out of other peoples business..is that clear enough for you?
If you would like to start something with me as well then go right ahead.
But when the shit hits that fan, you started it.

Oh, yes bty, I dont need much time to type at all as I type very quickly. I spent probably 7 o 8 minutes constructing that last long post. A lot of that time was quoting from other posts.
Now, thats out of the way, sorry Dex, I was distracted for about 3 seconds there by something relatively insignificant.

I cant remember if ex Bennys/your Microtech is an LT series or not.
If so and LT then no worries.
If its an MT series then you cannot have it upgraded. And will be stuck with a single coil/dizzy arrangement, unless it already has multiple coil outputs enabled.
Now as far as a hot coil is concerned, in my (not) so humble opinion, unless the stock coil is faulty, then I dont believe a high energy coil will deliver anything really over the stock coil unless you intend to boost it well past 20psi or so and rev it to at least 7 grand while boosting that much!!! Youll explore the limits of a stock coil/dizzy setup then thats for sure.
OR you just want it for looks! No harm in that.

None of that funky high energy coil shit has made one scrap of difference to anything ive set one up on in the past. Other than lighten my wallet but they do look good!
No harm in fitting one tho.

The only thing that made a difference was getting rid of the dizzy as a means of sending the spark around. Youll notice that the very first time you flick the key!!!

L8tr
E
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

cool,
Thanks man

Yeah its a LT8s, I was wondering as I have had no problem with the coil and wanna run multi but dont wanna fork out more cash if not needed.

its gonna be good to get stuck into it, but first things first, thats to make the I/C piping from I/C to Turbo to fit a high mount from a Low mount setup. then off goes the all the unnessessary shit in the engine bay and then hopefully start it before I have to get it tuned. slowly but surely I'm gonna get it done right.

Cheers,
Dex
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Best of luck with it Dex.

Ask Benny m8..... but I have some sneaking suspicion it may already be enabled for 4 coils.........I dunno exactly tho.

L8tr
E
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i'm fairly sure its right, the last time i had it tuned he said he didn't want to see me back without multi coils
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

tassuperkart wrote:Best of luck with it Dex.

Ask Benny m8..... but I have some sneaking suspicion it may already be enabled for 4 coils.........I dunno exactly tho.

L8tr
E
I have been talking to him about it, and his Mech said "Dont come back till he is gonna go multi"

So I'll ask him if he knows for certain. but otherwise ill get it chacked when it comes to it.

Dex
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

:lol:
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhh yes.. Im sure this came up somewhere benny!

Dex, IMHO, Id use a set of LS-1 Chev coils with internal ignitors.
Ive used these on the FJ20 and they worked a treat.
They are cheap even to buy new.
Another easy coil is the Mitsubishi VR-4 coils.
Once again internal ignitors but dual outputs. Wasted spark setup (2 channel)

Heres what the LS-1 coils look like on my grubby old FJ:

They are a very "slow" coil and you need about 5 Ms dwell time to get anything out of them.

Another tack is this setup Im going to use on my ET when I eventually get around to fitting the Microtech

These are Hyundai Excell coils, Again twin output coils run in wasted spark (2 channel) setup.
They are triggered by an external Bosch 2 channel "200" ignitor.

This coil setup will produce enough spark to blow your fucken hand off or produce a heart attack!!!..... If you manage to get hit by them.

Ive never seen such a strong spark before.
When I first had these on test, I set the dwell time way too high by accident and they blew sparks about 55mm long out of the nose of the coil down to the inner guard!!!!!!! I jest you not!
Incredible spark energy!! Quite unbelievable!!!! They got pretty hot along with the trigger set like that!!!!!!

I ran them with a mere 1.5 Ms ignition dwell time and they ran superbly! You should be able to find a set of these in just about any remote part of the bush in a wreck!!!!

Newhoo.

L8tr
E
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

BennyET wrote:i'm fairly sure its right, the last time i had it tuned he said he didn't want to see me back without multi coils
HUH!!!!! I was wondering why you put the :D there after I posted my last msg

huh ya beat me to it.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
Damo

Post by Damo »

Twin post excell coils for the knock out blow. Wound my coil tester past 50,000 volts on mine, and they keep on hitting!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

tassuperkart wrote: They are triggered by an external Bosch 2 channel "200" ignitor.
...You should be able to find a set of these in just about any remote part of the bush in a wreck!!!!
E
Can you get the ignitor there too? if not which car?

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I dunno about the trigger M8.
It would all depend on the ignition output waveform.
Most likely work just fine but youd have to confirm that the ignition output from the ECU is the same as the Nissan.
That is 0v rising to +5v for (say *blah Ms dwell time) and then falling to 0v. A simple square wave output

Some ecu's employ an inverted waveform where the output is held high (say 5v) and then falls to 0v for the dwell time.

You could happily use a pair of stock Nissan jobs tho. Theyd work just fine. They are horrendously expensive new tho.

L8tr
E