N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts Tragedies

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

tassuperkart wrote:Hehehe thanks guys! Im getting itchy to crank the fucker up I can tell you!!!
:D
tassuperkart wrote:A "wheel of death" is possibly the most dangerous tool i have ever used. However, its one of the most useful things I own.

Its just a 4" circular hacksaw that you run in a 4" angle grinder but I dont have any guards on the grinder so one slip and its all over red rover and your cleanly cleaved hand is laying twitching on the floor!!!!!!! LMAO!!

L8tr
E
Ah, OK. I sort of half-guessed right. I was thinking about an angle grinder without killswitch used without the disc guard. I've used one of those several times, scared the hell out of me many times. That tool is definitely dangerous if it gets half-stuck and then goes off flying in some direction because of the enormous torque that tool has. Chops someone's (most probably your own) hand or head or leg off... that's a lethal tool. :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Tassuperkart Has Been At It AGAIN.......................

Post by tassuperkart »

Ive had this thing for a while:

Its a Pride "Cheetah" A shorter version of the venerable Pride "Stilletto" ski boat
Was plenty of these things around in the early '80's. Still a really cool looking boat!

The Cheetah is just over 14'6" and is quite lightweight for a fairly wide (beam)y ski boat. A very comfy boat for bombing around in.
This one is powered by an old "Fridge", a Chrysler 105 Hp 4 cyl thing. It goes OK for what it is but it didnt really give Tassuperkart much wood.

So, I hunted around for a bigger Jonno/Evinrude 115 to 140 V4 which should push the little boat along very well indeed!

Well, I eventually found a good motor. Check it!

I soooo cannot help myself.........................!!! ROFLMAO!

Furthermore, I got 2, yup 2 of them along with a truckload of spare props, control boxes, cables, wiring harnesses and guages!
$1400 for the whole show!!! What a bargain!
This one runs beautifully and is in excellent order. The other one is seized but complete.....
200Hp oil injected V6's.
Damn ..... I'm going to die in this boat!!!!!!
Im not too sure Ill leave the big motor on but Im going to at leas try it out on the river.
Ill prolly trade them for a saner powerplant!!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Callumgw

Re: Tassuperkart Has Been At It AGAIN.......................

Post by Callumgw »

tassuperkart wrote: Ill prolly trade them for a saner powerplant!!!!
:roll: yeah right....

C
etking

Post by etking »

finish the ute first!!!

although i put dibs on going for a thrash on the river in the boat ;)
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

enough said E! :lol:
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Haha, bitten by the power (vs weight) bug! That'll be a fast boat... or airborne. :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yeah yeah, I know... finish the ute... bah!
Everybody hassles me to finish the ute but no bastard ever offers to come around and help some..........pff.......except Panda, who kindly drove 230 K's from Launceston and assisted with the removal of the old V6.
Itll get done when I make some time.
Sadly, Im averaging 75 hours a week at work at the minute (money is awesome ...... buuuuuuttt) and the ute has gone down a couple of rungs in the priority stakes!!! I only even look at it on one day on the weekends if I have nothing else planned!!!!!
Dun worry, Itll live sooner rather than later.

I had no intention of powering up the Cheetah with an outboard that size but the motor(s) came at such a good price it was hard to resist and even harder to resist trying it just for the shits and giggles.
If the boat is too overpowered, Ill prolly just use the Mercury as a trade against a 140 V4 which will still go like a shower of shit!!!!!!!!
Thing is, 20" shaft 140's are very hard to find in Tassie!

L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

More on the Boat

Post by tassuperkart »

Well, in between periods of wiring the ute, I managed to strip both V6 Mercs down and swapped the rooted power head for the good one.

Interestingly, both the 20" and 25 " mid sections are pretty much identical save for the different trim and tilt setups and the longer leg is simply achieved by inserting a 5" spacer between the leg and the gearbox, a longer drive shaft, water delivery tube and gearshift shaft. Not to mention a swag of longer bolts.

So, I mounted up the 20" leg mid section to the transom.
This section uses an external oil pump mounted inside the boat rather than hidden away between the transom and the mounting.

Happily, the fundamental engine design has not changed much between the different models and the later model power head dropped straight onto the earlier mid section
Nice part is that NOTHING to do with the engine is attached to the leg. EWverything is contained on the power head itself so its a simple matter of just lowering the running power head on and doing up 10 nuts.
The running motor gearbox was going to be the original choice, mostly because the paintwork is in good order but it has much longer gearbox attachment studs.
Theres was no way in hell i could remove the studs and the only way to do it was to have the studs cut down and re-threaded in situ.
Neh! WOFTAM.
So I just bolted up the buggered 20" motors gearbox.

This turned out to be a possible blessing as the input shaft bearing on the 25" leg gearbox is very noisy and "loose".
I reckon it might have failed before too long.

I was given as part of the deal a great swag of cables, electrical harness bits, guages and so-on and luckily, there was a pair of short throttle and gearshift cables on another control box amongst the goodies.

So, pull the original long cable out and replace with the short ones and voila! Correct length! Perfect for a 15' boat.
Prolly 150 bux worth of cables there I was going to have to buy so bonus!

My new steering cable is too long so that stopped me from connecting up the new R & P steering setup but shit happens. Ill swap it next week.

Just got to find somewhere to mount the power trim/tilt motor, extend some wiring to make it run and run the hydraulic hoses and the job is almost done.

Damn the little red boat looks mighty tough with that big black arsed mutherfucker V6 hanging off the back of it......
Ive been talking to a few experienced marine racing dudes about it and they seem to expect around 75 to 80 mph from the thing depending on prop pitch............. more if i choose a really wild prop!

Im probably going to die in this thing Im sure of that!
But damn, ill go out the way I came in..........................screaming!!!!
Im such a childish hooligan!
Most likely crack out the transom and the bastard will sink!

Anybody brave enough to come for a spin down the river when its going? Bring a helmet!

More later
E
baz

Post by baz »

Ill come down the river for a spin :P
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
etking

Post by etking »

count me in
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hahahahaha.
ETKing, Thanks for your help the other day.... I forgot to mention that in the post.
Josh kindly came down and helped me with manhandling the motors including removing the old one off the boat.
I doubt I would have been able to do those jobs on my own.
Cheers

L8tr
E
etking

Post by etking »

how is that manifold coming along ;) haha

My uncle has my manifold and will be tweaking it up for me, cant wait to get rid of the friggen exhaust leak

See you on saturday if you are about
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yup
Gimme a call.
L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Ute Tragedy

Post by tassuperkart »

Just a teaser ladies:

I have done enough wiring in the ute now where it will pretty much run.
Ive not powered up the thing as yet tho. Still got to tidy up and run the corrugated plastic tub everywhere.
I have a spare CAS and when i get the calibration done on the MAP and the 2 temp sensors, I can spin the spare CAS by hand to test the ignition and injector operation.
There is still a bit to do with the traction control, knock and EGO sensors and wiring along with the fan relay but none of that will be needed for the first start up.

The last mechanical thing to do is to complete the turbo oil drain. Its a bit of a PITA to get the hose to run downhill all the way but I should find a way to run it and still get it away from the turbo manifolding. Just the way it is. One of those things that dont rear their ugly little heads until the entire setup is bolted into the car *sighs*.

Prolly wont get back to it until next weekend tho.

More later
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Boat Tragedy

Post by tassuperkart »

Ive finished the installation of the V6 Merc on the little red boat.
Got a replacement steering cable. I measured the boat exactly the way the kit specified which came out to 12'. The kit said then to order the cable 1' longer.......well thats wrong.
Still, I can run the cable a different way to loose the extra 6" simply because i cant be arsed swapping it again!!!

Just got to bolt on and wire the trim motor and fit the steering wheel and we're away.
L8tr
E