N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

filter problem

General chat related to anything N12.
poeticjustice88

filter problem

Post by poeticjustice88 »

ok me again. now, i know the answer to this question, but i want to know what everyone else thinks.

my pod filter is connected to the front of my turbo by a steel pipe, it doesnt flex, it doesnt move, it's there!

in my bonnet i have a vent that has been put in, and it sits DIRECTLY on top of my pod filter

looks very similiar to this
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=862

my problem is, when it rains and im driving, that filter is going to get soaked in water. now i could get new piping and relocate the filter not a problem, but a shiteload of water is still going to get under my bonnet where my microtech ignition module sits, and various other sensitive electronics.

what would be the best way to remedy this? just remove the vent and bog? up the hole?

new bonnet?

dont bother?

or am i wrong in thinking that water onto the air filter is a BAD idea?

the only reason i dont want to replace the bonnet, is because the car is painted in a dark green, and i dont want the hassles of trying to match the paint, plus, this would be the most expensive fix?

any ideas at all? my boss said i should put a plate underneath it that i can open/close whenever i want, so on dry nights i can open the flap and get max air to my pod
samual

Post by samual »

what about turning it around?
poeticjustice88

filter

Post by poeticjustice88 »

turn the filter around or turn the vent around ?

turning the vent around wont do anything, its not actually vented its just a hole.

as for the filter, i can move it but water will still get into the engine
samual

Post by samual »

Turn the vent around. The filter will still suck air in. And I don't think it would cost you any horse power.

Unless you make another cover under the bonnet to divert the water.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

water wont really hurt anything over there. Possibly drip onto the dizzie at worst.
Just make up a shroud for the filter. You can even use a plastic plant pot in the interim to keep the water off the filter element.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

I have to agree with e. Not much will happen. I had a pod where the airbox was and hit a puddle, a big one twice the width of the car. Water got everywhere in the bay. The only issue I had was I had to hit the pod with a hair dryer cos it got soaked, so much you couldn't drive it boost or hard acceleration cos it would suck the water out and spit it into the engine, making it cough n splatter.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348