N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

stage 2 cam

General chat related to anything N12.
josh strong

stage 2 cam

Post by josh strong »

hey guy's don't know if this has been asked before but u can run standard valve springs with stage 2 cam? And is that the biggest u can go without having to change valve springs... Also why i am here what is the most kw u guys think u can get out of a e15et with standard internals so pretty much just bolt on's and a cam.

cheers Josh
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

you could run the standard valve springs with a stage 2 cam but i would recommend upgrading them. i'm not sure exactly what you could wring out of a standard engine power wise safely but would take a guess at around the 130kw region somewhere?
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

i had a stage 2 regrind with std valve springs. revd to 6800rpm, no issues
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

thanks for the info guys with a 130kw these little things would pull well? and to get that wat boost and things will i need to run say like vl fuel pump,vl throttle body,ca injectors, custom manifold ,t28 off a gtiR ?,fmic,say 17psi?,stage 2 cam,already have straight through mandrel 2/12 exhaust,oil cooler ? and wat ever els cheers for all the help

cheers josh
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

BennyET wrote:i had a stage 2 regrind with std valve springs. revd to 6800rpm, no issues
Now its mine! Heheheheh!

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

hey guys last question as i know u guys are prob sick of me already lol but do the standard pistons say ACL on the side as i bought a spear motor and thought why not pull it apart and learn as much as i can about these motors lol thanks for all the help

cheers Josh
pauly72

do the standard pistons say ACL on the side

Post by pauly72 »

no mate they ACL pistons by ACL, factory pistons say nissan on the inside.
ACL's good gear, now owned by NASON. so if you want new ones they'll
be NASON if bigger than standard.
chittie chittie bang bang
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

RA8055 0.50 thats wat is on it and cant read botom numbers i think that the 0.50 is 20thou over size yea ? and with these can i run anymore boost ? thanks for the help guy's

cheers Josh
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

so i've read on here there standard engine will cope with 18psi if intercooled. over that you mite start melting pistons.
stage 2 cam 18psi boost hold on to your ass
yes they 20th, half a mil bigger than standard bore :lol:
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

nice i wanna try make these pistons last to 150kw if i can get that much out of it lol
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

boost works dyno here in adelaide reckon he can get me 170kw with t28, 550cc injectors, standard ecu ,40th piston, mild porting.i'll see if he as good as he says he is soon. just gotta find $600 for reflash.zoom zoom :lol:
one more thing for under $200 you can get cran cam dubble valve spring,stronger and better seat seal.so helps get all the power there
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

nice mate let me no how u go would love to get about that much out of these little things they sure do surprise alot of people including me how do u go with tho's injectors on standard ecu ? thanks for ur help

Cheers Josh
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

go big or go better :lol: you'll need a bigger afm as well rb30 will do the job just fine
josh strong

Post by josh strong »

haha thats it i will b goin fmic,t25g or t28 off gtiR?,stage 2 cam,ca18det injectors,acl 20thou oversize lol,fuel regulator,vlT throttle body and fuel pump,and about 18/19psi and wat ever i do between now and wen its done wat u think i will get out of it ?

cheers Josh
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

alot, like i said hold on to your ass mate :lol:
honesty the best man to ask is your tuner when you got it all together.
But really at the end of the day do it matter how many ge ges you got under the bonnet,ifits fun to drive,was fun to build and is f$cken fast :P