N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

et front lips

General chat related to anything N12.
madn12

et front lips

Post by madn12 »

just wondering are the original genuine lips fiberglass?
the rest of my kits fiberglass but was wondering if the genuine lips are or not i thought id check as i have to paint soon and would rather find one that isnt fiberglass seeing as how easy they crack
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The original ones are plastic. Pulsar parts made (and still stock i think) fiberglass ones. Their ones are really awesome quality tho, not just cheap rubbish!
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

plastic ones would be worp like me by now wouldnt they? Glass is light and easy to fix just gotta cover up and member not to scratch the member while you sand it back easier than bogging plastic,looks better too
but that's just my 2bob mate

Pauly
chittie chittie bang bang
madn12

Post by madn12 »

cheers..
im guessing the whole optional genuine kit was plastic then too??
mines fiberglass all around not sure where from tho possibly from pulsar parts as there in sa too

for thos interested pulsar parts are no more, last i was there 2months ago he was packing up and merging with another wrecker in para hills, didnt really have any more n12 parts left
02 tj VRX
pauly72

Post by pauly72 »

city dismantallers got it all i think was in there yestreday got good et gards on the rack, lights mirrows,they got a neat astra out back i seen you name it cheap to not the norm for them Rob will still answer on the old number though so if anyone want a kit or part of he your man

Pauly
chittie chittie bang bang
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

madn12 wrote:cheers..
im guessing the whole optional genuine kit was plastic then too??
mines fiberglass all around not sure where from tho possibly from pulsar parts as there in sa too

for thos interested pulsar parts are no more, last i was there 2months ago he was packing up and merging with another wrecker in para hills, didnt really have any more n12 parts left
Most of the later pulsar parts ones had a business card glassed into the inside of the bar on the side.

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
madn12

Post by madn12 »

dexi_styles wrote:
Most of the later pulsar parts ones had a business card glassed into the inside of the bar on the side.

Dex
got the rear and side skirts off but yet to take the front lip off but will check it out for a card when its off... good idea tho
pauly72 wrote:plastic ones would be worp like me by now wouldnt they? Glass is light and easy to fix just gotta cover up and member not to scratch the member while you sand it back easier than bogging plastic,looks better too
but that's just my 2bob mate

Pauly
the plastic kit on my 80's magna is still as straight as the day it left the factory so no worrys there, yeh fiberglass might be easier to repair but bitch to not nick... and very hard when its low like mine... one small nick cracks the bar and the paint and looks ugly... where as plastic is flexable and only just cracks the paint

might look at getting a genuine front lip then... if any exist any more?!
02 tj VRX