N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

external wastegate

General chat related to anything N12.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

rattie wrote:banning me hey, go for it,do what u want ,ive had my Et for like 5 yrs. i've been a loyal member on here for nearly that long. and i didnt sell it, but i will be soon.
I was joking or did you miss the humour and the 2 little icons.....sheesh
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
baz

Post by baz »

Kimmo wrote:
baz wrote:I've seen an ET with external gate & screamer and it sounded pretty crappy, I'm running a stock sr manifold on my 180sx with an external gate on it & it works fine..Actuators over time tend to not hold boost as good as when they very first were made so I have noticed quite a BIG difference between internal gated and external..I'm running a hks gt-ss turbo on my 180 and it is internal gated & it would just slightly not hold the same amount of boost (16psi) but with this external gate it holds 16psi 1.1 bar spot on everytime..feels much better to drive..gates sound mad on the right engines, rb's & 1/2J's but I wouldn't go putting one on an E15ET
Why not just use some simple valves to control wastegate creep? Heaps easier.
Already running a turbotech bleed valve as the spring in the external gate is only 11psi & i'm running 16psi
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

And that doesn't do the trick?

BTW, +1 what Evan was saying about all that weight hanging off unbraced; I'm pretty sure the ehaust wouldn't brace it well at all, but make some loads on the manifold even worse.
baz

Post by baz »

lol yeah it does do the trick?..if you make the pipe come up of the gate short enough, it doesn't put as much strain on the manifold..Depending where you put it also, Mine is mounted on the top of the manifold so it's not putting any stress on the manifold
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

baz

Post by baz »

This is mine on my 180

agecage

Post by agecage »

I running a waste gate on my n12, because of the type of turbo im running. Was easyer to put a waste gate in than to make a new mounting bracket for the actuator. My turbo manifold is lowmount. But ive put a bolt in spacer in for the waste gate pipe. Also makes my turbo sit like a high mount. If u want i cantake some picks when i get back to NZ. Im just having a holiday in gold coast atm.
N12 Exa turbo
ST3LTH

Post by ST3LTH »

agecage wrote:I running a waste gate on my n12, because of the type of turbo im running. Was easyer to put a waste gate in than to make a new mounting bracket for the actuator. My turbo manifold is lowmount. But ive put a bolt in spacer in for the waste gate pipe. Also makes my turbo sit like a high mount. If u want i cantake some picks when i get back to NZ. Im just having a holiday in gold coast atm.
yeah pics please.

ive been after one of those for ages. did you have it made up? or an off the shelf item. i cant seem to find a T25 to T25 flange with wastegate flange on the side. my manifold is top mount and i thought turbo to bonnet clearance would be an issue so i was planning on something like an XR8 bonnet bulge, but a little smaller.
baz

Post by baz »

I just thought of something..Rather than welding a gate to the stock manifold, Why don't you get the spacer that runs between manifold and turbo that has the external gate flange on it?..One of these

rattie

Post by rattie »

yeah baz,i like the idea of putting a plate between the turbo flange for the wastegate. since my setup is high mount ,i'd have to check for clearance .
but sounds good :D
and Tass, my bad :? im abit slow somtimes,ha
E15T powered Astra
agecage

Post by agecage »

ST3LTH wrote:yeah pics please.

ive been after one of those for ages. did you have it made up? or an off the shelf item. i cant seem to find a T25 to T25 flange with wastegate flange on the side. my manifold is top mount and i thought turbo to bonnet clearance would be an issue so i was planning on something like an XR8 bonnet bulge, but a little smaller.
I got mine custom made. Got a friend to make it. Just was cheaper than getting a manifold made to run my mazda3 mps turbo. If u get 1 made make sur its steam pipe. And try get a brace made up for the turbo 2. I had several problems with blowing gaskets.
N12 Exa turbo
baz

Post by baz »

bad thing about these cars is there is sweet fark all of the shelf parts..You can't get manifolds or plenums or nothing..I'd probably still have my exa if there were more available parts & i'm sure a lot more people probably think the same
Last edited by baz on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

yeah no one wants to get parts made up so they are 'off the shelf' cause most n12 owners are cheapskates :twisted:
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Who can make me up a rear windscreen seal?
samual

Post by samual »

Kimmo give these guys a ring.

Koala Glass
167 Maitland Road, Sandgate NSW 2304
(02) 4968 1450 ‎
koalaglass.com.au
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I'm okay for now; I was just able to keep my old one in one piece when I changed it, but I was almost up shit creek, I thought.

You reckon that mob can reproduce the seal properly? Dunno if the Pulsar one's simpler, but the Exa one has some stuff going on in the corners you're not getting from joining a continuous extrusion...