N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

SHE'S GONE AND I'M A BROKEN MAN

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

SHE'S GONE AND I'M A BROKEN MAN

Post by xr6eta »

To all who have assisted me over the years, none moreso than the legendary DAMO (formerly of Canberra) you'll be extremely dissappointed to learn that my baby Exa has gone to a new home. Against mounting odds including having no under roof parking, no where to work on it and needing a daily driver with a towing set up, I reluctantlly swapped it for a 1996 VS Calais. Calais is in pretty good nick for an old mans car but I certainly won't be doing any write ups on it.
Once again, thanks to all on this forum, it has been an incredible roller coaster ride (sorry i thought i was watching a fucked up Australian reality tv show).
I will continue to monitor and hopefully contribute to this forum and will always be interested in news of any get togethers.
Will make sure I am never a stranger when travelling the great roads of Australia so keep your eyes out for my VS. If you all agree I might post just one pic when I get a chance, pretty damn embarrasing though. Take care all and hope to catch up with a lot of you in the future.
DAMO, for all your assistance, advice and spare parts, I salute you. You are a good friend and were invaluable. If you need a car with tow bar when you come down, you have my number.
Last edited by xr6eta on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

In the words of James Blunt (sung in a ball hugging high voice)
"Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow."

In with the new.

Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Mate,
You planning to give the PM a lift in that one eh?

:lol:
C
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

Callumgw wrote:Mate,
You planning to give the PM a lift in that one eh?

:lol:
C
Or try n blend in for some evil....

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Once I snavel the big C1 number plates, the world is my oyster.
Last edited by xr6eta on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damo

Re: SHE'S GONE AND I'M A BROKEN MAN

Post by Damo »

xr6eta wrote:To all who have assisted me over the years, none moreso than the legendary DAMO (formerly of Canberra) you'll be extremely dissappointed to learn that my baby Exa has gone to a new home. Against mounting odds including having no under roof parking, no where to work on it and needing a daily driver with a towing set up, I reluctantlly swapped it for a 1996 VS Calais. Calais is in pretty good nick for an old mans car but I certainly won't be doing any write ups on it.
Once again, thanks to all on this forum, it has been an incredible roller coaster ride (sorry i thought i was watching a fucked up Australian reality tv show).
I will continue to monitor and hopefully contribute to this forum and will always be interested in news of any get togethers.
Will make sure I am never a stranger when travelling the great roads of Australia so keep your eyes out for my VS. If you all agree I might post just one pic when I get a chance, pretty damn embarrasing though. Take care all and hope to catch up with a lot of you in the future.
DAMO, for all your assistance, advice and spare parts, I salute you. You are a good friend and were invaluable. If you need a car with tow bar when you come down, you have my number.
HEY OLD CANBERRA MAN, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!! I don't ever remember myself, or any other of the N12 furniture around here giving you the o.k. to part ways with the wedge! That damn poor excuse for a white motor car you have there better have some RB goodness happening under the bonnet or I will fly down and take a dump right on the hood!.................... :D

Thats a shame Glen that you couldn't keep the Datsun, after the $$$ and effort you put into it, a real shame.
You must know by now though Glen, that this is only a slight hiccup on the path to N12 nirvana. You will own another, it has been written in the stars. :) Mark my words. No matter how many different cars you drive, or how powerful or comfortable they are, you will always remember the wedge which seemed to defy physics and logic. 1.5ltr, 8 valve, FWD, 30year old car, engine worth $200 able to hold its own next to far higher calibur machinery.

The wedge on the dyno:

Damo
Last edited by Damo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Errrmm , Glen.... ur a dick for unloading that thing........

L8r
Oracle
Last edited by tassuperkart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

tassuperkart wrote:
Hahahaha. Its a simple function that so many dont invoke. It kind of gets left in the background and forgottten.

However, NOBODY is immune to a blown wastegate can or a pressure pipe popping off resuting in and overboost condition.
as you know, this happens in an instant and its that instant that the thing can grenade!

Newhoo, something to consider for your 'Rine.

L8r
E
All so true, was only talking Michael's ears off (probably did the same for Glen, which scared him off!) the other night about all the safety programming you can do to save the engine if something goes south.

Over fuel maps past max boost, global fuel enrichment past 100deg, rev limit for over and under temp etc etc.

Damo

Deano Exa

Post by Deano Exa »

Hey Glen,
Congratulations and commiserations... I was keen to hit up a cruise together... Damo I never got to meet before he went away, I met you and saw your mint exa, but only went for a test run, and I never got the chance to show you mine properly... Well when I get back from the states, in may, I can you our for a squirt in the yellow demon eater, if you'd like...
Btw, are there any other canberra N12 owners out there?
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

another wedge bites the dust
sgs

Post by sgs »

Be careful what you are towing with that VS commodore aye. the trans will shit itself if you pull heavy loads. mine had the trans rebuild at 100,000ks before I owned it. owner towed a boat with it haha.

One thing to check is the wire coming off the back of the alternator to the battery isnt burnt or loose, these cars has caught fire in the past! but dont let that put you off!

If you need anything hit up this site - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/forum.php
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Thanks SGS, have joined that site now and picked up some valuable tips, not set up as well as this site though. You have to find your own posts to find any responses, no auto emails to say which posts you have been watching etc like this one. Am having the auto trans looked at today due to leaks but hopefully nothing too bad. Once again, this site is the bees knees and the guys on here, despite the odd argument which always makes for entertaining reading, have been excellent. Will continue to follow the progress of all. Cheers.

And Deano, definately keen for a catch up when you get back.
sgs

Post by sgs »

I use the whats new button, nut yeh its a busy site alright.

Just use the search function before asking a question, and dont answer a question unless your %150 certain its fact because they will tear you to shreds. My user name is Jonah 101

Yeh it is entertaining, aussie4life, now he is a good dude, but his post always end in a huge argument haha
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hmmmm... sounds familiar.... baaahahahahah!!!
Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

xr6eta wrote:Thanks SGS, have joined that site now and picked up some valuable tips, not set up as well as this site though. You have to find your own posts to find any responses, no auto emails to say which posts you have been watching etc like this one. Am having the auto trans looked at today due to leaks but hopefully nothing too bad. Once again, this site is the bees knees and the guys on here, despite the odd argument which always makes for entertaining reading, have been excellent. Will continue to follow the progress of all. Cheers.

And Deano, definately keen for a catch up when you get back.
WTF are you still doing here! Clean out your locker and don't hit yourself on the door on the way out! :D

Damo