N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Not firing on all cylinders

General chat related to anything N12.
Dinwoodie

Not firing on all cylinders

Post by Dinwoodie »

Hey everyone,

As the title states my car has a miss on cylinder 2. As of 2 weeks ago my car was stock besides AFM relo and boost put up a little bit.

I picked up a front mount intercooler, VL throttle body and Garrett T25 for it.

After a few minor set backs with fucked water lines for the turbo i managed to get it all on without a drama, put the throttle body on and fit the intercooler.

When it come time to start it all up it sounded lumpy and didnt drive right. So i changed the plugs and leads, still didnt fix it, so i changed the Dizzy, still didnt change.

I tracked the problem down too cylinder 2, i pulled the plug out and its just covered in fuel, but there is plenty of spark in the lead.

When the car is running and i pull the lead off any of the other cylinders the car starts too miss and carry on as you would expect when you drop a cylinder but when i take it off number 2 it doesn't change a thing.

I haven't dont a compression test yet i will do it tomorrow, but when i crank it over with the leads off the crank is even and not out of tempo so i don't think that is my problem.

Could i have fucked some wiring when i chaged the Throttle body?
I have gotten rid of the cold start log all together, and the plugs that were connected to the shit on it are doing nothing, do i need to bridge them or just leave them off? I know this isn't my problem as it wouldnt just pick on 1 cylnder but can i just leave them dangle free?

My only other thought is that the injector might be staying open and just flooding the cylinder with fuel, hence the massive miss.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers Jordz
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

your thought about the injector sound the place to start i'd be swaping it out and if that works,go bye a new set,or it might be much the conector,spray some possum piss about and see,never know it might be just that simple
somtimes it the simple things that hide the best
my thought
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
fermec

Post by fermec »

Check the injector plug is the same colour as the others
and you havent pulled the pins out of the plug
Damo

Post by Damo »

Sounds like you have put the connector for the air bypass on injector #2, as above make sure all your injector connectors are the same colour.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
chezza

injector

Post by chezza »

Yeh as they said about the injector plug,i did that once.
Keep cherry turbo's goin
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

Damo wrote:Sounds like you have put the connector for the air bypass on injector #2, as above make sure all your injector connectors are the same colour.

Damo
I did this as the air bypass is constant and the injector is pulse, hence there only being one that's flooded. If you haven't swapped the plugs around try swapping the injector1 & 2 and see if 1 fowls up

Cheers,
Dexi
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348