N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Shocker Cover (<--- I think)

General chat related to anything N12.
SashET

Post by SashET »

I know m8, you should see the springs I pulled out of it when I first got it.

At least three coils cut off. The fuking thing was bottoming out on every corner. Fucking scary driving it like that. Every corner felt like the suspension was gonna fall out.

Won't be going back to that. Stock is kewl for the time being.

Cheers
Sash
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

yeah but thats higher then stock from what ive seen in the pics, but three coils lol someone went overbord with the angle grinder. My car with a full car load bottoms out over bumps, it shits me up the wall but i cant even imagine what yours would have driven like, scary stuff!!
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
SashET

Post by SashET »

BLUE ET wrote:yeah but thats higher then stock from what ive seen in the pics, but three coils lol someone went overbord with the angle grinder. My car with a full car load bottoms out over bumps, it shits me up the wall but i cant even imagine what yours would have driven like, scary stuff!!
The pics you would have seen are the ones I just replaced;

- When I got it, 3 coils gone, it was bottoming out big time
- Then replaced those with what I thought were stock springs, that sat up like a boat (pics you've seen).
- Now replaced those with real stock ones from Callum. These sit better but could still go down an inch or so off the front.

Cheers
Sash
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

SashET wrote:I know m8, you should see the springs I pulled out of it when I first got it.

At least three coils cut off. The fuking thing was bottoming out on every corner. Fucking scary driving it like that. Every corner felt like the suspension was gonna fall out.

Won't be going back to that. Stock is kewl for the time being.

Cheers
Sash

My old GXE was that low that i couldnt fit a coke can upright under it, and when i put the side skirts i couldnt fit the can laying down under it, cos i cut another coil off them. but it held pretty good, I member putting new shocks in the back.

but I wouldnt do it now... kinda too old to super low cars, i get shivers when it scraps over the speed humps near work.\

Dex
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

ahh ok i see those pics of the car looking like a boat were funny, but standard hight isnt too bad with the right wheels, paint them black or something, i did it too my old et and it came up mint
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

If you do put lower springs in it make sure you put the bump rubbers on the shocker shaft. They were there from factory, but most have perished into dust years ago. The bump stops can be got from most auto shops, I think one brand is "Strut savers", but they are generic things, just get the right inner diameter.

Why do I say this? because even with "proper" lowered springs (Kings) mine still needed them! Now it sits softly onto the bump rubber which gets quickly stiffer and the car settles well.

C