N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

RUN IN WITH THE COPS TONIGHT

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
j0of

RUN IN WITH THE COPS TONIGHT

Post by j0of »

heya guys,

Heading home after work tonight sitting at an intersection about to take off, my car was vibrating quiete heavily and i realised the rear mount had obviosly come loose again and the car wouldnt get into gear, i jumped out of the car and tried to push it out of the intersection, about 30 seconds later and not getting anywhere i got the car half moving with traffic just staring at me, no one jumped out to help or anything. THen

the cops rolled into the middle of the intersection lights blaring, stopped traffic, jumped out, the female officer jumped in and steered and the male helped me push, we got it off the road into a car park, they commented on my nice bucket seat and steering wheel said have a nice night and left.

i dont see why everyones is always bagging on cops ive been puleed over dozens of times defected a few times and dont have a bad word to say, they've always been nice, helpful and more than happy to help out, i no as with everyone, there are cunts out there but perhaps we should stop genaralising and say cops are dicks, who dont no anything. were almost as bad as the media, Hoon this hoon that drag race, high performance p platers, its only disrespect like this that brings the performance cultre a bad name
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

hear, hear,

Join a car club and hoon WITH a cop! Lots of them are rev heads too, they often run cars in Targa Tasmania and other events.

C
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

i agree mate!!

i had a cop pull me over and commented on my little ET, only cos he had owned one back in the day. i always say if you look at them with respect you can have a great experience, unless you were doing something to grab their attention to grill you.

so Respect them and when the time comes they will SAVE YOUR LIFE, thats what they're out there to do, POLICE, not to be arseholes.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i have to admit, i don't really like the cops much because of what they have done to me in the past for no reason at all, BUT the last time i got done by the fuzz they gave me a canary for the screwed turbo oil return pipe spitting out oil onto the dump pipe. the fuzz had me pulled over got me to lift the bonnet and they just looked over it for about 7mins and just asked questions and i admitted that a lot of what they were seeing should have an engineer's certificate but they were only really admiring it! they done me for the smoke from the oil return/dump pipe problem and thats it! they were really nice about it all and i was very VERY surprised!
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Hey that's awesome that they helped you out, and how bad is it that no one else does anything but stares these days.
I ran out of petrol in the city, 100 meters from a fuel station with 4:30pm traffic and no one offered to lend a hand.

No I now have alot more respect for them as compared to a few years ago, every now and again I go a bit funny when they follow me. But when I have been pulled over I am at my best behaviour and am politely spoken, you get a better reaction I have found.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

there are a lot of good ones out there, unfortunately there are a lot of pricks too but if you keep your car as legal as poss and behave on the road you will be a less likely target.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

TBON12 wrote:I now have alot more respect for them as compared to a few years ago, every now and again I go a bit funny when they follow me. But when I have been pulled over I am at my best behaviour and am politely spoken, you get a better reaction I have found.

That my life, I'm Living with a coppa's daughter..... i also have to speak to him with respect and ALWAYS on my best behaviour. heheheheh Nah he's cool, i can be myself around him and he just laughs.... only cos he's worse then ME!!
psiboy

Post by psiboy »

ive had plenty ( and i use the term loosley) of run-ins with police....
always be nice even if they r pricks 2 u...
always offer your licence to them even if they dont ask for it...
speak clearly and dont give them any "yep" "nup" "dunno"..u will be defected on the spot.
you dont have to be respectfull , if u dont wana ....but be polite.it worked for me in some of the most dire of situations.( eg. 30 second burnout finishing within inches of an occupied cop car...oops!!!) lol :twisted:

btw, i have been told ,by police themselves, that they do target 'p' platers,so i know it seems a little unfair but thats who they have the most defects and general problems with.lifes defenatley not fair.
wasnt me officer
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

psiboy wrote:ive had plenty ( and i use the term loosley) of run-ins with police....
always be nice even if they r pricks 2 u...
always offer your licence to them even if they dont ask for it...
speak clearly and dont give them any "yep" "nup" "dunno"..u will be defected on the spot.
you dont have to be respectfull , if u dont wana ....but be polite.it worked for me in some of the most dire of situations.( eg. 30 second burnout finishing within inches of an occupied cop car...oops!!!) lol :twisted:

btw, i have been told ,by police themselves, that they do target 'p' platers,so i know it seems a little unfair but thats who they have the most defects and general problems with.lifes defenatley not fair.

i agree mate i always hand my licence over before they ask, and always see what type pf person they are, with the easygoing cops i try and relax the mood by asking them how their day is etc etc. but yes clear and polite
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Most coppers you run in will be nice unless they are having a bad day thats when they will usualy take it out on the person that is unpolite to them, im always polite referr to them as officer, smile answer questions they are people too its just their jobs is all,

my cusin who is a fed polic, in syd he bought some dodgy dvds from a shop that sell all series a 3rd of a price when we told him he can get done for it he said it was his comanding officer that told him about it :) hehehe

if i see a cop following me for few minutes i just pull over usualy they just drive off sometimes they just come out and speak to you
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Well said Joof, it's something that should be said more often.
Unfortunately, as is human nature, one bad experience will often negate lots of good ones.
EG:
I once got a defect in my RX2 (too loud .... and he was right) but after he'd written the ticket we chatted for about 1/2 hour - turns out he was a rotor head too.
But then once after taking my girl to the movies in our road rego'd gemini series rally car (her car was off the road) a mate was waiting for me at my car .... he said the cops had been looking in it and under it etc.
We drove home, and they were waiting for me a few doors up from our house, pulled us over, and after going over the car for about 45 mins they got me for a frayed passengers seatbelt. We'd never noticed it coz 99% of the time when she was in the passengers seat, we were racing and she was wearing the harness.

Most of the time, when I tell a defect story it's the Gemini one, not the RX2 one.
So yeah Joof, you're right, there are some good cops out there.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================