N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

CA18DET Question

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
DillonP

Post by DillonP »

Not cheap ? I've seen CA engines with manifolds on there for a few hundred. I don't need the turbo nor loom or ECU.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

DillonP wrote:Not cheap ? I've seen CA engines with manifolds on there for a few hundred. I don't need the turbo nor loom or ECU.
Yeh i have seen a few going for that much, but there either gone or when i PM the person they dont write back :?
DillonP

Post by DillonP »

pity
leayr

Post by leayr »

mate get a front cut or the motor from a importer and hire a trailor and do the sunup to sundown run ull save in the long run good luck cheers leayr
DillonP

Post by DillonP »

Anyhoo...

I see ACL do do race series pistons for the CA18DET
http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Nissan ... istons.htm
Not sure how the price compares to US or other Oz forgies.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

leayr wrote:mate get a front cut or the motor from a importer and hire a trailor and do the sunup to sundown run ull save in the long run good luck cheers leayr
Yeh im heading up to brissy early september so i might check out some of the importers up there and see if i can strike a good deal!
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

samwdg wrote:
leayr wrote:mate get a front cut or the motor from a importer and hire a trailor and do the sunup to sundown run ull save in the long run good luck cheers leayr
Yeh im heading up to brissy early september so i might check out some of the importers up there and see if i can strike a good deal!
send us a PM and let us know when you do mate, so we can meet up and say G'Day!

im up for for it if you are...

Cheers,
Dexi
DillonP

Post by DillonP »

If your CA18DET comes with no ecu, loom or sensors and you don't want to run the factory AFM system anyhow, see here ....

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?p=57375#57375
born2run

Post by born2run »

hey android. if ur goin ahead with the ca conversion can u giv a run down of wat ur usin to do the conversion cause i plan to go down the same path later this yr with my et. n i already hav my hands on a u11 ca block from a mate. so yeah. if ya can help with the info id appreciate t big tym cuz.
oh n the screens i got off ya funny stuff. i havent bothered to install them yet. they stil in the box u sent them in lol. one day dude...