N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

tyre size

General chat related to anything N12.
N12Turbo

Post by N12Turbo »

OMG that Black ET is one of the best looking ET's I've ever seen!

*in love*... if only it was blue.. te-he
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

BQ.05.TD wrote:
yer the black et had a 13.6sec motor in it. every bold in the engine bay was baught brand new from nissan and shromed. over 1k worth. willy sold the motor that was built to take 30 psi every day and then put a stock e15et in it to sell it. its still floating around but getting a killer 1.5 built fo rit.

ill try and find some other pics of it
I remember seeing this car at Kings auto electrics at Cardiff. Mate...beautiful little ET this one. It is very rare to see a schmick ET in person and this one was very well done. Very nice. I remember it had a standard motor in it at that stage and I was wondering why. As you say, it must have been when he was getting ready to sell it that I saw it.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

thats 85Exaboy's old exa off nissanexa.com
GarethSS

Post by GarethSS »

Ive got 17's on My ET and after many hours of beating with mallets / crow bars they dont scrub at all...... and its lowered 2 inches :)

If there is a will there is a way ;)
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

Ztealth wrote:
BQ.05.TD wrote:
yer the black et had a 13.6sec motor in it. every bold in the engine bay was baught brand new from nissan and shromed. over 1k worth. willy sold the motor that was built to take 30 psi every day and then put a stock e15et in it to sell it. its still floating around but getting a killer 1.5 built fo rit.

ill try and find some other pics of it
I remember seeing this car at Kings auto electrics at Cardiff. Mate...beautiful little ET this one. It is very rare to see a schmick ET in person and this one was very well done. Very nice. I remember it had a standard motor in it at that stage and I was wondering why. As you say, it must have been when he was getting ready to sell it that I saw it.
wtf ar eu a newie person? did it have stock plates or BCNYA plates on it.
yer im not shore when he sole it. a little while ago now. but i have seen pics fo the new motor and i have never seen so much chrome and custom shit in my life its nuts
tico pulsar

Post by tico pulsar »

Ben Hewitson wrote:18... haaah dreaming. 15" is as large as you can go on an EXA (+2) and 16" is as large as you can go on an ET to make it legal in most states.

us EXA boys got shafted.

http://www.tyremaster.com.au/fitment_tips/diam_calc.htm
there is ilegal put bigger wheels to a car???
God is tico!!! oeoeoeoe...
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

some states in Australia... yes..
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

some cars too. In SA were stuck with +2" over standard maximum option. i tryed to argue with Regency that the EXA was available in 1994 with the optional ET wheels but he said i dont have that info. i told him i wasn't supprised cause they didn't know shit anyways.

i found a tyre placard from an ET and its almost the same as the EXA's.. it says "Nissan N12 Pulsar Turbo" on both.. so regency can go jump..

i think in WA it states that you can have any size rim as long as the overall diameter doesn't increase by more than 15 i think.

but in the ADR's and Vehicle standards 1999+ it states that the Wheel can only be a plus 2.. but if you read the wheel and tyre guide (same gov department) it states that the "wheel is the Rim and Tyre package".. so technically you can go a whole setup thats 2" larger.. that means 18's are no problem.. but they wont change the typo and they wont let you have 18's..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
tico pulsar

Post by tico pulsar »

mmmm.... thats realy weird for me!!!
here we can use any size, the problem is whith the engine beacause we are a country whith a lot of forest and the contamination can be a problem but if your car is perfect dont has a problem... here every year you need to go to a check your car to a station, and if it dont pass you cant use it until it pass well...

here we dont like that but what can we do... :(

and there whats the real WHY dont let you use bigger whells????
God is tico!!! oeoeoeoe...
SashET

Post by SashET »

Hi Guy's,
I'm getting some second hand (90%+ tread) tyres for my ET (standard rims) and was wondering if 185/60/R14 was too wide for that rim? These are the current tyres on there and seem to be ok, but I thought I would run it by you guy's to get an opinion.

Cheer's
Sash
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

nar 185s are fine, altho you cant go bigger.

Theres no real reason why they're so strict on mods in aus.. just because they can??

Sam
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
SashET

Post by SashET »

TY wassup393

185/60/R14's it is then.

Cheer's
Sash
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

probably two reasons. Wider/taller tyres can rub on suspension components. also, Wider/taller tyres can change overall gearing, thus affecting emmissions hahah :P
etking

Post by etking »

yeh but who cares about legality, more rubber on the road the better, looks better when you do a burnout lol
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s