N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

car just died while driving

General chat related to anything N12.
proudie69

car just died while driving

Post by proudie69 »

hey guys my fiancee was driving to work today and the car just died while she was driving so she pulled in to a side street tried to start it again and got nothing and i mean nothing lights wouldn't work nothing would, they tried to roll start it and that didn't work so its sitting by the side of the road waiting to be fixed i thought i would ask you guys for any advice as i have nfi what to do the car is a 1984 et pulsar stock as a rock thanks in advance peace
Ride of choice- 1984 Nissan Pulsar ET Turbo
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I'd say that the alternator light was on for the last couple of days and she didn't realize... Happened to me before, but i saw the light and tried to get home... i only got 1/2 way back :p

So your car was running and battery wasn't being charged.

Replace the alternator and recharge your battery and I'd say you will be fine.
etking

Post by etking »

also check the battery connection
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
leayr

Post by leayr »

i had the same problem in my old green exa it turned out to be the wiring running from the battery connections was cactus cheers leayr
jimmyet46

re:car just died while driving

Post by jimmyet46 »

Hi

I you say it will be the fuseable link in the wiring loom that runs from the positive battery to the main engine loom.

Its the loom that is about 150mm long and a wiring plug with 4 wires going into it you will see the fuseable link its the odd looking wire that's broken.

Here is a picture of the plug and the 3 wires and 1 fuse link

Thanks
Jimmy
Damo

Post by Damo »

leayr wrote:i had the same problem in my old green exa it turned out to be the wiring running from the battery connections was cactus cheers leayr
Second that. If it 100% died and absolutly no go, you have lost a vital eletrical connection from the battery to the loom. Check wiring straight off the battery and work into the loom.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
proudie69

Post by proudie69 »

hey guys went and got the car this morning tried checking all what was suggested by you it seems to be exactly what damo suggested just have to find it thanks for all the help peace
Ride of choice- 1984 Nissan Pulsar ET Turbo