N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ssdddd

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

Today is the day ive been waiting for, the time to start my car.
shes all ready and waiting.

ET_RIDER, you have been a great help for me to get my car running.
because of you i kept my car, not sold it to scrappers

in a few hours ET_Rider will be checking over my car, if all is good, she will be started :D[/img]
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

should be good but wtf is with the bonnet?
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

lol it still needs to be painted haha
PSYCHOTIC ANGEL

Post by PSYCHOTIC ANGEL »

scrap it? dude id kill u if u did its nice mite need work but worth it all will make sence when you go for the drive after its fixed :-)
Psychotic angel
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

okay starting it almost went well, but there was a problem, the guy with my loom before, decided to do sumthing, i dont know what he did, but it was dodgy, becos of this it kept short circuting when trying to start it. when it was removeed nothign happened at all.

so my plan for this now is to get an auto electrician to look at this one part, once he has done this it will run :D

just got to wait till my tax return.

i wana drive her already
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

yer man that was one fucked up loom it had me scrating my head lol get some pics and put the up on here so all can see what it is mite help us out the fackt that to earth and tolive wires were going into one plug and the when that adapter thing was pluged it it was two earth wires coming out had me stumped to bits smelt nice though lol and the fire was nice and warm lol :lol: :lol: member you could allways try the raa see what they can do lol good luck i had look at my car and couldnt even find that plug lol if you still have the loom from the other car we could mix and match see how we go i will try to come up a bit earler next weekend and see what we can do man almost there
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

good to hear you kept it... it all works out when you take a breath and relax... as i use to say to my bro, come in for a coffee before you torch it cos your pissed at it.

good luck with the wiring, hope its not too much troubles

Cheers,
Dexi
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

heres pic guys
etking

Post by etking »

they are the fusible links! the black wire will go on your starter (im guessing you have bettery in boot) and it will plug into another plug with wires going into it including one large white wire and these wires give the whole car power! i just replaced the fusible links with blade fuses by using a fused distribution block running one wire straight from the starter to the block and then the 4 wires to the other side fused by 2 x 40amp fuses
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

etking wrote:they are the fusible links! the black wire will go on your starter (im guessing you have bettery in boot) and it will plug into another plug with wires going into it including one large white wire and these wires give the whole car power! i just replaced the fusible links with blade fuses by using a fused distribution block running one wire straight from the starter to the block and then the 4 wires to the other side fused by 2 x 40amp fuses
see thats what i thought but when it was conected to the shell as a earth it would smoke and frie its self stupid it had us both stumped and we cant work it out
My Ride
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

i just want it fixed :( cant wait till i get the money
etking

Post by etking »

thats because it goes to POSITIVE NOT NEGATIVE!

if connected to positive and smoke then you have a problem down the line from the fusible links as they are getting hot
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

etking wrote:thats because it goes to POSITIVE NOT NEGATIVE!

if connected to positive and smoke then you have a problem down the line from the fusible links as they are getting hot
haha i am going to hit my self very hard rite now you ready you ready ........... ouch of course im a *&%$ head lol the only thing i didnt try lol if it fries on earth try it on live %&$ man you can see what lack of sleep can do a lol adaien what you up to tonight i think we can fix it omg why didnt i see that it is the same on my car far out i will call u adain....ring ring...ring ring... oh your a sleep bahahah slacker
My Ride
Aaidan

Post by Aaidan »

haha well at least we got to the bottom of it.

im gona be her roarn again :D

cheers
etking

Post by etking »

amatuers lol goodluck