N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Boost Controllers??

General chat related to anything N12.
ETEEZA

Re: Boost Controllers??

Post by ETEEZA »

et.turbo.dude wrote:weren't there some problems reported with the EBoost 2's? apparently they tend to stuff up. better off with the first EBoost? they were a good unit!

Well from what i have HEARD,they are used by some QUICK CARS,including 6 second DRAG CARS....i think they are ok...as for using it with AN ET TURBO,i think this will get me most of my TRACTION through the GEARS,as you can fully adjust these things....though i will let you know once its all up and going....
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

etking wrote:damn you matt with your ricey remote control :P
haha its my traction control button...0.8 bar then 1.3bar :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
etking

Post by etking »

i know what your saying, damn torque in 1st and 2nd lol
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Reaper AU

Post by Reaper AU »

im using the jaycar boost controler, its not bad i guess for the money. Just gives u the shits setting all the duty cycles one by one :roll:
83 exa, stock engine, stock computer, t28, relocated afm, 101kw, 426.1nm at the wheels at 7psi
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Panda_ET wrote:having the unit set to ramp up as fast as possible made driving fun lol
you talking about the gain setting? i turned it up to the full 35% and went for a blat, felt much faster/coming on stronger. then looked at the boost gauge next time and it was boosting about 19psi!

gain increases peak boost aswell? so if i wanted to wind the gain up permanently i'd have to lower my hi boost a bit to find a constant 15psi again??
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

not the gain setting.... the one that lets no boost through to the wastegate until a certain level is reached.. therefore stopping the wastegate opening slowly as boost reaches the desired amount...
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

SammyET wrote:not the gain setting.... the one that lets no boost through to the wastegate until a certain level is reached.. therefore stopping the wastegate opening slowly as boost reaches the desired amount...
dunno which setting it is then

setting in order

gain = 10%
set hi = 0.92 x 100kPa
warning hi = 1.25 x 100kPa
warning hi = L.10% (only goes up to 20%)

yeah dunno what this second warning hi is?
i never played round with the settings before cause it was set up on the dyno. dont think i could make it any better, might just leave it alone hey. i guess all i'm goin to get is more wheelspin :P
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

wat boost controller???
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
spiffyn12

Post by spiffyn12 »

angel wrote:
et.turbo.dude wrote:nah, just the single boost setting with the Turbotech for now. i'm not to sure but i might of heard somewhere the dude that makes the Turbotech controller might be designing a dual controller? i hope so because this one i've gotnow has impressed me! i'd buy whatever he comes up with next!
you could make up a duel stage your self. Just get s a solinoid, (open type one) T off the boost source, run one line to the turbo tech and the other line to the solnoid. (place the turbotech and solinoid as close to the T as possible).
Then bring the the two lines together with another T piece(after the solinoid and controller), and plum it into the acuator. So basically, when no power is going to the solnoid, you will run factory boost, this is because the boost pressure will flow through the solinoid and not through the boost controller. When solinoid is powered (shut) then the boost pressure must route through the controller and hence give you your desired high boost.

For those who are wanting both high and low settings, well you could place another controller after the solinoid and set that to your low boost setting.

The only problem i could see with this set up, would perhaps be the reflux of boost pressure. on low boost setting,(solnoid open) the boost pressure from the solnoid line will hit the acuator, which will provide back pressure and may force it up the other line the boost controller is on. The problem with that is, the pressure relieve hole on the turbo tech, which allows, trapped air to escape after the wastgate has shut/gear change to avoid spiking.

I would think that this would not cause a problem as the hole is relatively small. It could even be beneficial by allowing trapped air in the line to esacpe after gear change. If the pressue release hole to prove to cause a problem, then a closed type solnoid could be place straight after the controller. The solinoids can be wired to the same switch, so when one is open the other is closed stopping any pressure reflux.

Hope that makes sense with out any diagrams
there is equal boost on both sides of the boost controller when in "open or low boost" mode there for no preasure release on gear changes
I Have An EXA
RX7 S IV - 120rwKw + mods now more power and two defect stickers.
KE70 corolla slamed on 16's