N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

David's 85 ET Pulsar

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

I will put some pics up when it's all done in a few weeks.
NismoBoi

Post by NismoBoi »

picks or ban,lol sounds like its gonna be one serious little rocket,go the ets
How cute!Is that a V8?
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Hey guys,

Car should be finished by now, but had some dramas sorting out an issue with the radiator, put things back about 4 weeks. The old one was too long to get the intercooler piping around the sides and didn't want to go underneath with the piping. Tried sourcing another radiator (what a headache), had very little space to play with (with the CA in it & new turbo), also needed to use a smaller actuator to have an extra few mil to play with. Ended up using a commodore radiator and customing the height of the core & making new tanks for it, etc. Needed to get dimensions right, didn't want core to be any smaller than necessary, but obviously had to fit, & fit two 10" thermo fans. All sorted now though.

Not too much to sort out now. Just got the pump & surgie to go on, haven't sorted out the brakes as yet, have a catch can & water / radiator overflow cannister to put in, the e-boost, turbo timer & a couple of gauges to put in, two door handles to fix, & the exhaust & tune to be done. Hopefully no issues there, & shouldn't take too long now.

Will put up some pics soon, when it's done.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Finally, just about finished now. Goes on the dyno later today. Crossing fingers. Still haven't put new Prairie callipers and brembo discs or Toyo tyres on it yet, do that after dyno is completed today.

Put pics up soon.
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Im very happy the car is almost finished, im dying to see some pics of it :shock:

Good luck with the dyno, and remember the pics, lots and lots of pics :mrgreen:

Cheerz.
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
leayr

Post by leayr »

ET_sleeper who done the conversion and how much if you don't mind me asking i just got a standard pulsar was Gunner put a e15et in it but a ca would be wicked cheers
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Im dying to see pics of this whole thing. Hook me up! hahaha
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Hey Guys,

Car went on the dyno last Saturday afternoon, glad to have it back on the road again now. BUT, have a few issues to sort out.

It was losing boost and boost cutting at around 14.5 to 15 psi on the dyno, and sputtering a lot, so it did not make anywhere near the power it should be making. AFRs were sitting on 11.0 nearly all the time (Rich as), and fouling plugs fairly easily.

Checking it out for boost leaks and ignition system issues. Already plugged up the boost release valve, taken off the idle speed control hose and blocked it off; so with mostly new hoses, there should be no air/boost leaks. Also changed plugs and checked timing on Sunday afternoon, it runs a bit better now. Still want to change to a better actuator (about 10 or 12 pound minimum) and will look at leads and coils. Then will throw it back on the dyno again soon to check how it goes then.

p.s. leayr, the guy who originally did my ca18det conversion was a mate of a mate who has his own workshop, he did an ok (not great) job on it, but stuffed me around for months. The guy who did most of the mods to my car is a good mate who has worked in a few very good performance workshops, and did it from his home in his spare time in the last 3 to 4 months.

p.p.s I will put some pics up in my next post, I have to re-learn how to post pics onto the forum, haven't done it for ages. Will post soon.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Here are some pics...

Cheers.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Tidy engine installation! Looks like the engine really does belong to that engine bay! Awesome! :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
EXAMADNESS

Post by EXAMADNESS »

Nice conversion :wink: very neat boost pipes, it sure looks at home in there.

Your username says it all 8)
Mazda FE powered 2.0 16v N12 exa : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6592
Mazda 2.5 v6 KLDE into Nissan Exa "project" : http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7442
leayr

Post by leayr »

thats neat great job should go good i remember the green one glenn had was a neat conversion too goodluck
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Thanks guys.

Changed the leads the other week & it runs a fair bit better now.

Bad News - I got defected by the cops about two weeks ago now. Have to keep it off the road for a few weeks until I can get things sorted. Did me for ride height, not having a noise level certificate for the modified exhaust, no mod plate, and a crack in the windscreen. Great hey ???

Exhaust is all done, may need suspension raised a tiny bit, then a new windscreen, get my new brakes put on, organise mod plating & get the tick of approval from transport department. Then put new wastegate actuator on & a retune.

Expect to be back on the road in about 3 to 4 weeks.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Suspension and windscreen are done.

The cannon muffler is off now, have a high flow cat, resonator and 3" muffler on to comply with emissions and noise levels. Also got the front pipe modified to bring it a bit higher up and neater fit.

Put standard height king springs in to bring to legal height.

Not far to go now. Really looks like a stocker now from the outside.
et_sleeper

Post by et_sleeper »

Bad news : Got everything I could think of fixed up and as roadworthy as possible including gearbox seal leak fixed, steering rack arm boot and cv boot replaced, front brakes, callipers and pads fitted, rear brake discs and pads replaced, bracket for pod filter, door handles fixed, window squirters fixed, etc. Took it to an approved person (mod plate guy) and he listed about 17 or 18 things that needed doing before he would do a mod plate for it.

Shattered!!! Didn't have time or money to do all this by the due date for me to book an inspection with QLD Transport, so had to deregister it now. Will probably do things up more in time as I can afford it and keep it as a track / drag car now. Put too much time, money and effort into it to just get rid of it. It is already more than ready to do half decent times down the strip, but will look at more performance mods in near future.

Sad to say I won't be able to go cruising with a few of you guys now, but that's life, I guess. See you at willowbank maybe.

p.s. I would recommend getting a mod plate guy to check your car over BEFORE you get any stuff done to yours, to save the problems I have faced. Lesson learnt.