N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Battery terminals put on back to front... please read

General chat related to anything N12.
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

try turning your ignition on and shorting the starter motor to see if it will start like that, if it does its probably your ignition swich.

Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
etking

Post by etking »

does it have an immobiliser? might have blown a fuse in that

also check if there is 12v going to the ignition barrel as well as both sides of the fusible links
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
adamp

Post by adamp »

nah no immobiliser, oh and i forgot to mention... when i got the car the key was stuck in the ignition so i tried getting it out and snapped the key off in the ignition so i took the ignition barrell out from the other exa which it was fine.
etking

Post by etking »

i reckon your plug that plugs into the ignition barrell isnt connecting properly then!
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
adamp

Post by adamp »

I got it started this morning... ran for about 1 minute idled fine then died so i got it started after that and it would hesitate like it has no petrol then died... so i put 10 litres of fuel in it and same thing. So i replaced the spark plugs, spark plug leads, air flow meter and the other air regulator near the intake manifold and now it cranks but doesn't start. any ideas?
etking

Post by etking »

really dirty injectors?? is the fuel pump coming on??

try it again today, maybe the water temp sesor is shot

clean the contacts on the ECU and AFM plugs

if its not cranking then its either not getting air (unlikely), fuel or ignition ... so try cranking without the plugs in and see if they are sparking, if they are then its fuel not going in
baz

Post by baz »

It had been sitting for 5 months, So either shit has settled in the fuel lines or the fuel filter is chocko
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
adamp

Post by adamp »

Yeah the fuel pump comes on, i think it has to be fuel related because i have spark and have tried a new afm, and it sounded like it was running out of petrol when it died and asif it used what was left in the lines then died, so yeah im thinking either blocked fuel line or filter or the pump is maybe on the way out? maybe its priming but not actually pumping enough fuel or the fuel pressure regulator is faulty? sending all the fuel to the return..? is this a possibility?
adamp

Post by adamp »

Ok i pulled the supply line off the injector rail and cranked it and got nothing so came to the conclusion of either a blocked fuel filter, blocked line or farked pump. So i pulled off the filter and cranked it and still nothing so that leaves me with either a farked fuel pump or a blocked fuel line. I can hear the pump prime but is their a possibility it is rooted and not pumping enough fuel or something, like not enough to push it upto the injector rail?
baz

Post by baz »

Swap over fuel pumps and if you still get nothing then it's your fuel line that is blocked.
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

adamp

Post by adamp »

hmm i tried another fuel pump which i know is fine because it worked in the other car... but still nothing so i pulled the supply and return lines off at the fuel pump and cranked it and nothing even comes out. If i didnt know the pump worked fine in the other car i would say the pump is fucked... now the wires that goto the pump can anybody tell me what each color is? because im thinking that obviously it primes but their has to be one of the wires that is ignition power and actually makes the pump run? so maybe this is shorted out so it primes off the accessory trigger but has no ignition trigger is that makes any sense at all? lol
baz

Post by baz »

HAHA the car would run if your rubber line between your fuel tank and where u put the petrol in wasn't cut ha

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

adamp wrote:..................................... so maybe this is shorted out so it primes off the accessory trigger but has no ignition trigger is that makes any sense at all? lol
Umm sadly no M8 that makes little sense at all.

Perhaps a quick look thru the technical files section of the website might result in a wiring diagramme showing all the wire colour codes and then you wouldnt have to ask about the Yellow/Blue wire which is the relay pullin wire coming from the ECU or the fuel pump power wire White/Purp..........fuck ya, look it up yaself......LMAO
L8tr
E :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

does the fule pump work at all???
if not i would have a look at the fuel pump relay and see if its working , some relays have diodes in them to stop back emf traveling back through the ecu but i gess if the current going through the relay is backwards it could kill the diode not leting any current through
baz

Post by baz »

His fixed the problem, When we put petrol in the rubber line it usually goes down to the tank, That line was completly cut so that the petrol wouldn't make it to the fuel tank, Car seems to have abit of a miss but he will probably explain it to you!