N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sash's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I'm not certain but I think the two pumps (engine and turbo) might rule out the use of Bernoulli, It might be more related to velocity or stored air, or boundary layer formation, or laminar flow.......

For example and only between the turbo and IC, smooth pipe transitions might give better flow from the small turbo diameter... trying to transition to larges pipe diameters while also bending might be difficult without upsetting flow.....After the IC this changes and flow is well and truely broken up.
Then the design after the cooler might be about storing air, to ensure lots on tap. but then this would be get hotter as it waited to be used.....

just thoughts,,

C
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Callumgw wrote:Ahh Thanks Sash. Most places seem to sell, the turbine flanges but very few sell the compressor inlet....

C

In the end I got a standard 2 inch two bolt exhaust flange and 'egged' the hole to draw the centres out to the right spacing. This was $10 solution that work easily and well.

C
SashET

Post by SashET »

Callumgw wrote:
Callumgw wrote:Ahh Thanks Sash. Most places seem to sell, the turbine flanges but very few sell the compressor inlet....

C

In the end I got a standard 2 inch two bolt exhaust flange and 'egged' the hole to draw the centres out to the right spacing. This was $10 solution that work easily and well.

C
Pic for others in the same boat.

Cheers
Sash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

SashET wrote:
Callumgw wrote:

C

C
Pic for others in the same boat.

Cheers
Sash

:D
SashET

Post by SashET »

M8, you pictures don't show up.

Cheers
Sash
SashET

Post by SashET »

Hey Guy's,

Well, here's the latest bit of work I've done to the car.

Made some brackets for the intercooler (just one more to be made underneath it and it wont be going anywhere!).

Chopped up all the bends, shits and bits I need for the piping.

316 stainless baby!

I've tried to route the piping in a way to shorten the length as much as possibly whilst staying mandrel all the way.

I don't really like the pipe from the turbo to intercooler (not squared up enough for me!), but it'll do for the time being whilst I find a better way to do it. Plus it's the shortest possible run.

Here's a few shots;

Now next is to tack the pipes together, weld 'em up, create the third (and final) intercooler bracket, take it all off and paint the intercooler (removing the subaru shit with it)....

Cheers
Sash
SiniT

Post by SiniT »

looking good .... doesn't look like you will be able to get much straighter with the turbo to i/c pipe tho ...

Cheers Phil
If you haven't seen it , you ain't SiNiT ! !
http://www.sinit.com.au/
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Nice... shouldn't get much lag... wonder how the inlet temps compare to a front mount?
SashET

Post by SashET »

Well here's the latest folks;

All intercooler piping (except for one weld, hence the black tape) is all complete. Once I get this last weld completed, I can clean up the welds like I did on the bigger pipe.

I took it for a spin today and at 10psi, it didnt get past 29 degrees C. This is with no pump or front radiator/air cond condenser. You can feel the difference too + the sound is unreal! After sticking it for a while, I touched the two pipes.... man what a difference, the turbo to cooler pipe was smoking hot while the cooler to t/b pipe was luke warm. Love it!

Next, hook up the radiator/air cond condenser & pump!

Cheers
Sash
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Nice. :)
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

awesome work once you get that water flowing it should drop some more and stay very stable hopefully
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
SashET

Post by SashET »

Panda_ET wrote:awesome work once you get that water flowing it should drop some more and stay very stable hopefully
Yeah, fingers crossed.

BIG difference from the air temps I was reading before the cooler was in;

Before I was getting anywhere from 60 to 85+ degrees C, now the best I could get it to was 29 degress C..... Stable air temps would be great!

Cheers
Sash
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nice work dude. very neat. you should get some rather nice readings once you get the water flowing through a radiator. :wink:
etking

Post by etking »

where does the other end of your idle compensator plug into?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

wow thats so neat and compact. awesome job
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.