N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

n14 sss

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Dans1983 wrote:Well i finally got my SSS tonight!!!!, its only n/a but i got big plans for it.. im stoked!! i will upload some pics soon
a mate of mine has an N14 SSS that me and a mate soon will be boosting up. he has all the gear, just gotta set it all up. it is an SR20DE so it will be interesting to see how it goes with a GT25, cooler, bigger injectors and so on.

TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Looks great! Sounds like an interesting project! :D
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Dans1983

Post by Dans1983 »

that one looks just like mine without the bonnet of course, very similar, the color and almost the same rims they are virtually identical... ohh by the way can u tell me what i need for a turbo conversion other than the obvious , like turbo and stuff this is my first turbo conversion project.. help please anyone..
Drrat, Drrat and Double Drrrat !! dont just sit there mutley do something!!!
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

depends on what your willing to do if its a de + t conversion running low boost high comp, then all you need is injectors, turbo, piping, exh mani, inter cooler, boost gauge, lines, then nistune that bitch up.
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

try the silvia forum.
Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.
baz

Post by baz »

Hey bud, I've already got 95% of my gear for my conversion, All you need is a manifold, turbo, sr20det injectors, get a DET afm aswell as de flow at 120 max and det flow at 160 or something, they plug right in, Get a nistune, basically what a nistune is, is a little board that gets soldered into your stock ecu allowing your car to have a decent tune and tuned to run all the det gear, You can get the nistune done and still run the car in the stock n/a form, but once you stick all the turbo gear on then you will need to trailer the car to get a tune, As for oil lines you will need to stick a fitting in your sump for the oil drain (highest point in the sump) & also u can get an oil sandwich plate and make a fitting to run to the oil feed, That is everything you need to do, If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, Oh as for what boost to run, You would only run 9psi MAX, Boost will come on really quick also
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Dans1983

Post by Dans1983 »

thanx baz your a legend man! i will be taking u up on your offer of the advice ! and what to do and stuff, i heard u need different pistons to lower the compression ratio. is that true?
Drrat, Drrat and Double Drrrat !! dont just sit there mutley do something!!!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

baz wrote:Boost will come on really quick also
depending on huffer size.
baz

Post by baz »

Dans1983 wrote:thanx baz your a legend man! i will be taking u up on your offer of the advice ! and what to do and stuff, i heard u need different pistons to lower the compression ratio. is that true?
Or a thicker head gasket
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

or a hundred shot of naws, just don't blow the welds on the intake :P
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

or else you will have to replace those piston rings you fired.

on a serous note get on pulsar group australia its been done a million times and they have a write up on it im pritty sure, good place to source parts to