N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Panda's Photo of the week

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

With the cross on the mountain picture, the building is actually Kehlsteinhaus (Hitler's Eagles Nest) in the Bravarian Alps, Germany. There was a full 360' view like that, absolutely stunning and quite surreal aswell.

You are right about it being a 28mm wide lens, where about's can you see the lens distortion? I can't notice it, nor do I know what I'm looking for haha.

Yeah I've found it to be a great camera, haven't had any problems with it and well the pictures speak for themselves. The newer model is even better, with HD video and stitch assist. That's the only thing extra I wish my model had.

Kimmo, where can I upload them to be full size? There's current uploaded on Facesook where they get scaled down, pretty sure photobucket does the same?
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

gees Panda, you reckon you can pick distortions on that? thats good going...with a straight edge they're only just apparent!

And they wee cropped too, weren't they? or do you have a 4:3 camera?
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Callumgw wrote: And they wee cropped too, weren't they? or do you have a 4:3 camera?
Now that you mention it I was wondering why my pics had borders down the side when set as a wallpaper. My camera has 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and I had it set at 4:3 for the entire 3500 pics I took, shit!! if I was to print them out they arn't going to fit into a regular album, right?

So now I guess 3:2 is the norm? and what's 16:9 for?

My Car
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Callumgw wrote:gees Panda, you reckon you can pick distortions on that? thats good going...with a straight edge they're only just apparent!

And they wee cropped too, weren't they? or do you have a 4:3 camera?
Its my job to pick out distortions then ignore it so I don't have to align laser optics rofl But please dont think Im picking on them only way to get around it is to adjust in a photo editing suite wide angle lenses ALWAYS distort so dont feel im picking at them man I pick at every piece of printed and copied paper that arrives home in the mail or from elsewhere checking image qaulity and working out what brand machine printed it lol Im a real train spotter

With the cross the cross gives it away and is very apparent, the first Seaside shot and the bridge it looks the corners are folding over into the shot, which I think is a good thing its makes the shot 'Pop' my 18mm lens is just blurry along the edges lol so mine come out shit.

yes 3:2 is standard. 16.9 is a panoramic mode Fuji has the same thing. If you print them at say harvery nomran or something like that you will just get white borders they will still fit in an album just have white borders unless you get busy and cut them down :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

thepurplepulsar wrote:Kimmo, where can I upload them to be full size? There's current uploaded on Facesook where they get scaled down, pretty sure photobucket does the same?
There's an option somewhere on Photobucket to leave images >1MB alone. Tinypic can host up to 1600x1600, IIRC.

Check out this guide I did to posting thumbnails, there's a neat tip for Photobucket and Tinypic.
S.Breezy

Post by S.Breezy »

Hey panda i think i seen you at baskerville when that race was on with that blue full mold rx7
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Ive been to basky many a time so yeh probably was me. Im a big fan of the 20PP turbo RX7..no sorry Im not a big fan I freakin love that car hahaha
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

I've edited my origonal post Kimmo, give that a go. Only problem is the wrong resolution that I shot them at.

My Car
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

OK been lazy with the camera so uploading some pics from last christmas.

I was invited to attend a Braaap race meeting and for how dusty it was I rekon they came out well

DoF on this one is perfect :)

Oh Noes I has been spotted

Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

#'s 1 & 3......impressive!
You dont make ME look that good you useless kent. Wassamadder?
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Ihavent seen your car roost nor jump yet lol. Lighting is the Key rarely do I get a good lighting at symmons or basky and well I was standing close to these guys as well lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Thats no fekkin excuse............ your sposed to be some hot-shot lensman........ improvise...I dunno do your stuff........... stop making lame excuses.....Bwaaahahaha!
E
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

I should shut up and just buy Daves 500mm F4.0L then wont have to be anwhere near the track to shot up close lol mmmmm 800mm or zoom muahahahaha
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

M8, with clobber like that you could pretty much just sit in your car on the hill and still pick out the flattened mozzie on the left side mirror approaching the pit sweeper..............
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Nice work Panda, my fav would be number 4. My only grief is those damn pitbikes, I've never liked those things. They look too out of proportion to the riders size, I think if they were on full size bikes the pics would come across more 'powerful'. If you know what I mean.

My Car