N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Pulsar Exa Turbo

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

The Renegade wrote:Strange.
I used to give my old Exa a flogging sometimes, but it never made the turbo glow.
did you ever go out and look under the bonnet staright
after a flogging tho???

my old et used to glow and it was just a t2 on 9psi

Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

TBON12 wrote:Took the car for a nice run through the southern country side on Thursday night, went through the hills, after a while LOUD pedal started to loose its effect. My mate and I jumped out to investigate
-- TURBO was yellow, as was the exhaust manifold and dump pipe --
Wowzers there was some heat in there, I had the car idling for 20 minutes or so, waiting for the turbo to cool down, the car ran like a bucket of shite the rest of the way home.

I went to Pirtek today and priced up some banjo fittings and bolt for the water cooling, $60 for two banjo bolts and fittings. Water cooling is to be fitted next week.

I will be sourcing an intercooler from work too, its already ceramic coated black for some stealth. dimensions of the core are 600x300x75mm
water cooling isnt gunna help that, sounds like theres an issue, that or very prolonged holding it open. Id rip that turbo off and make sure the divder hasnt blocked the manifold exit. Check your timing is it running lean? I never got the t25 to overheat but the T2 by heck that thing glowed white hahahaha poor bastard turbo
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

No the divider got die ground out some time ago. The timing is spot on 15 degrees, and I know its not lean - sometimes its quite rich and will shotgun fire out the exhaust when cold.

Not really sure what the problem is but its a good excuse to tell the missus that I need a custom manifold, new dump, intercooler and water cooling.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Picture update time!!

Good bye boot lock

Autogauge Sport-Comp 2-1/16th Boost gauge

The boot is almost ready for the sub boxes

Autometer meet your neighbour Eclipse

Hello VDO Dayton MPS1700's, you can't see it but the tweeters are in the factory locations

[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
etking

Post by etking »

how is the gauge held in exactly?

like the no boot lock look!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Autometer provides a bracket for flush mounting but I didn't use it in this case as the hole cut was a tight fit, in went it but it doesn't come out very well, it needs a gentle persuasion to come out.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
txateu

Post by txateu »

did u hook in a boot release wire? i love the shaved book lock. u mind posting up some pics or a description on how u did it?
cheers Michael,
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Just uses the factory boot release cable mounted on the push pull lever for the petrol flap release, I would like a solenoid at some stage but this works fine.

As for the boot lock removal, that's simple.
There is some aluminium mesh available at Autobarn, and I also picked up some metal mend (metallic bog).
I glued a small square to the back of the boot lid and simply appiled the bog with plenty of hardener.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
TBON12

Some pictures from Thursday night

Post by TBON12 »

Here is a partly constructed box sitting in it's home.

Clearances are tight on both sides as intended

This small step allows me to close the boot lid.

Just to give you an indication of the size ports I am going to run, in case you haven't guess it is 100mm PVC drain pipe.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

More pics for you all, there is a lot of screws in that box - somewhere near 160 I think, all I know is I have a nice blister that has popped on my middle finger.

[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Box is in, DAMN that's alot of bass, will pick up a camera and take some pictures today, I should have them uploaded by tonight.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
etking

Post by etking »

looks good, going to paint it? cover it?
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
etking

Post by etking »

looks good, going to paint it? cover it?
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

I should paint it at least, I really wanted to make a cover for it but at the moment I am neither here nor there, it works and that is good enough for me at the moment
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree