N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

microtech lt8 ecu controller

General chat related to anything N12.
evski88

microtech lt8 ecu controller

Post by evski88 »

Howdy all,
I was wonderin if any1 in adelaide has a microtech lt8 ecu hand controller and if they kno how to tune the ecu for more boost.
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

its really a job for a pro tuner on a dyno mate, unless you just want a "she'll be right" job, you could just throw a blanket trim over the injector dwell (i dont recomend this)

make your first expense your last mate
evski88

Post by evski88 »

Ok cheers i dont how to do that so think i might see how much Jaustech will tune it for they done my dyno last time. I need to turn it up for drags at A.I.R what do you reakon is a safe boost but still good 4 kickin ass haha its been on 5 low 10 high but has had work done.
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

providing you can keep the fuel up to it, there is no limit realy,limiting factor is always gonna be fuel supply
panagiwtis N13

Post by panagiwtis N13 »

15exa wrote:providing you can keep the fuel up to it, there is no limit realy,limiting factor is always gonna be fuel supply
+how much stress an engine can handle.
i don't care:
if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.
If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

give For's n more a ring good blokes with info over the phone $110 for a dyno tune.
I used boost works to get my lt10 n x4 installed,I ended up with two looms under the bonnet and 2 ecu's in the car,work that one out

FOR'N MORE Imho mate

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
Damo

Post by Damo »

One thing to keep in mind before you go shelling out your hard erned green, any tuner worth half a pinch of shit (backyarders like myself included) will extrapolate the tune past the limit of the map sensor even if the engine never sees that boost level. I would be surprised if your current setup hasn't got at least a basic safe tune to 1bar.
At a minimum though, I would have a mixture meter on it to show if the fuel system is upto the task.
Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Damo

Post by Damo »

panagiwtis N13 wrote:
15exa wrote:providing you can keep the fuel up to it, there is no limit realy,limiting factor is always gonna be fuel supply
+how much stress an engine can handle.
I have to disagree with that last comment. Kane is completely correct, your fueling will limit how far the tune can go, and the tune will limit how much power it will make. The integrity of the standard engine goes well past the ammount of power 95% of the cars on here make.
Keep in mind no amount of tuning can compensate for a fundamental lack of fuel!

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y