N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

bigger wheels

General chat related to anything N12.
Valentich

Post by Valentich »

Qld & NSW Road rules suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Personally I don't mind them. Who wants to see an Excel with "PHAT 20" CHROMIES"?, If it weren't for those laws they'd be all over the place.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
madn12

Post by madn12 »

in sa you can go any rim size so long as you keep the same rolling diameter as stock and not exceed track by 25mm.. having said that its the least of your worrys if you get done lol

as blueexa said youll just need an id check, its not the same regency as the defect one... so long as the car looks clean and neat they dont care at the id check ive had 3 cars go through with ease there, just remember to get a day permit to drive down

but back on topic lol... offset and rim width is key to fitting right... flip the mag over and look out for the offset would say something like offset+42 and look out for 17x*, * is the rim width....
some people have had issues with wider rims fowling on the control arm at the back and have just taken the lip off but depends on how much its hitting it... if taking the lip off isnt going to fix it youll need spacers or new rims
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
ST3LTH

Post by ST3LTH »

also, RWD offset + guard roller works too. no spacers, no hitting control arm.
et 1500

Post by et 1500 »

madn12 wrote: as blueexa said youll just need an id check, its not the same regency as the defect one... so long as the car looks clean and neat they dont care at the id check ive had 3 cars go through with ease there, just remember to get a day permit to drive down
sweet ill probably just get it running sweet then tidy it up abit then take it through is this the place in lonsdale were u go to get an id cheak ? and my wheels are 17x7 i have a feeling i may need to get bigger spacers or new wheels
et 1500

Post by et 1500 »

ST3LTH wrote:also, RWD offset + guard roller works too. no spacers, no hitting control arm.

my guards are all ready rolled so that should help.wat is the off set on a rwd?
BlueEXA

Post by BlueEXA »

I took my cars through Regency Park, not sure about the one down south???
et 1500

Post by et 1500 »

ok ill proberly just to regency then
ST3LTH

Post by ST3LTH »

et 1500 wrote:my guards are all ready rolled so that should help.wat is the off set on a rwd?
measure how much overhang you have now and use an offset calculator to see what you need to get it flush maybe??

i had some rwd wheels on my sunny 15x6.5+35and 15x7.5+25 or something and the fronts just needed a little massage but the rears needed to be rolled out about 20 mm or something. looked good though.
madn12

Post by madn12 »

et 1500 wrote: sweet ill probably just get it running sweet then tidy it up abit then take it through is this the place in lonsdale were u go to get an id cheak ?
yeh you can take it to the lonsdale one they do both defect clears and id checks there, mate had his vr4 done there. Only problem with the lonsdale one is there only open wed and thur :roll:
85 n12 n/a manual pulsar - extractors | muffler | coilovers <gone
86 n12 et pulsar - vl tb | pod | coilovers | full kit
88 tn magna with worked n/a motor
96 te magna dumped on 18"s
02 tj VRX
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

i thought you could do the id check at your local man in blue shop if not when you do the rego its self
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

or, you could spend 2 seconds using this:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

haha