N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Post hijacking - linking to new posts

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

Post hijacking - linking to new posts

Post by xr6eta »

Not huge into this computer techo stuff but is there a way links can be put into posts when someone is saying something that moves away from the original purpose of the post. Clearest example I can give is Damo's recent updates where a picture of a completely different engine bay and exhaust were put in to show something and now a persons own personal car post has taken a turn that could go on forever with no more input from the original person. Does this make sense.
The members rides and intros section is for people to put photos of their own build in and there are posts in there running into hundreds of replies, mostly non related. Just my bitch anyway, if someone wants to go off topic in a post, put in a link and start a new post. If your all happy the way it is, keep hijacking.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Damo asked for discussion/thoughts on dump pipe design. If someone doesnt want rubbish in their cars ride just ask one of the mods and they can delete what ever you want out of the thread. If you want to start another thread you can always just create a topic in general/offtopic and make a post in the original thread to the new thread for the discussion if one wishes.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

That's fine, it's more the radiator talk that appears to be taking over from the pic that is not Damo's car. Dump pipe fine, radiator not asked for. Some people are happy to voice an opinion about their posts being hijacked where some of our European friends and very nice and appear to let it go on. If I'm looking at someones car for their ride and ideas, that's what I want to see. No offence to anyone meant, just my idea.
cheers,
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Crusty old kent....................
I thought I was alone............................
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.