N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Computer Virus

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
xr6eta

Computer Virus

Post by xr6eta »

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with virus's through this forum. I got one on the home computer and everytime I went to log in it would freeze up then shut the internet down about 5 mins later. 2nd time around it would log in ok - this happened everytime. Virus scan revealed some type of virus in N12 site. Thought it might be my home computer but then tried at work with very strong firewalls and security etc and it detected a virus upon log in and threw me out. Cleaned or quarantined virus out and then allowed me in. Didn't get a chance to catch the type of virus. If I find out more I will post it.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Interesting, I would say it's probably a so-called "false positive". I haven't detected any virus on the N12Turbo forums at all, I've logged in using a variety of computers (three different ones during this week, for instance) and none of them has detected anything out of the ordinary.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i was having the same problems about a month back with the N12turbo.com main page. i had it set as my home page then one day it came up with some problem with it then wouldn't go back to it till recently? i use Mozilla Firefox by the way.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

i quite often find that it tries to open strange pages on both my home pc and the work mac
luckily firefox stops it on both computers.

download firefox dude
don't use internet explorer
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
RIP EAZY E

yea

Post by RIP EAZY E »

yep there is a virus on this site i always have to heal it before it effects my computer its on the main page its like a pop up.... i think it actually stuffed my pc up about a week ago so i had to reformat... i was going to start a thread aswell
TurboZ.Dude

Re: yea

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

RIP EAZY E wrote:yep there is a virus on this site i always have to heal it before it effects my computer its on the main page its like a pop up.... i think it actually stuffed my pc up about a week ago so i had to reformat... i was going to start a thread aswell
There are no popups on the main site... the virus seems to be some sort of malware, but neither "NoScript" nor "Adblock" (firefox plug-ins) detect any popups to block and none of my computers detect any virus on the site. This is a real mystery.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I get it too... have been gettin it for over a month now
baz

Post by baz »

If it's the extra window that pops up when you come to n12turbo then i get it aswell, It's done it on all the pc's I've been on in the last few weeks, soon as the n12turbo page loads then the extra window appears but then I just exit it, No dramas for me
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I've not had a pop up with IE7, or Firefox3 on three different PC - all behind hardware and software firewalls with virus protection running.....

C
SashET

Post by SashET »

Yep, happened to me too.

Be great if someone found out what it is and knows how to get rid of it.

I'm frequently getting the blue screen of death now after seeing that pop up on the n12 site.

Cheers
Sash
TimmyET

Post by TimmyET »

No problems or popups with mine. I run Avant though. Sometimes firefox and nothing there either
1. Cut a hole in a box 2. Put your junk in that box 3. Make her open the box
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Intersting this gets brought up cos Ijust got an email from Kimmo telling me shove a rake up my arse for sending him a virus via emai. Interesting to note he sent it via reply it has one of my email addresses on it BUT issue being i have never sent him an email AND i dont have his email anywhere on my pc.
Now the email address it came from supposedly was my websites email so it could have easily been taken :S
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Panda_ET wrote:Intersting this gets brought up cos Ijust got an email from Kimmo telling me shove a rake up my arse for sending him a virus via emai. Interesting to note he sent it via reply it has one of my email addresses on it BUT issue being i have never sent him an email AND i dont have his email anywhere on my pc.
Now the email address it came from supposedly was my websites email so it could have easily been taken :S
Ok guys this definitely looks like a e-mail transmitted virus/worm/malware that happens to be triggered by the n12turbo.com website, and has nothing directly to do with it. I bet that you get popups similar to the one at n12turbo.com occasionally at other websites, too. And worst of all, it transmits itself via e-mail as Panda has discovered. That kind of stuff is a pain in the arse to remove from the computer, sometimes there's nothing to do but to format the hard drive and lose all important files :( . Be careful guys!

And please, don't send it to me :P

Panda, have you found out what virus it is? We might be looking at a series of viruses instead of just one.
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

TurboZ.Dude wrote:
Panda_ET wrote:Intersting this gets brought up cos Ijust got an email from Kimmo telling me shove a rake up my arse for sending him a virus via emai. Interesting to note he sent it via reply it has one of my email addresses on it BUT issue being i have never sent him an email AND i dont have his email anywhere on my pc.
Ok guys this definitely looks like a e-mail transmitted virus/worm/malware that happens to be triggered by the n12turbo.com website, and has nothing directly to do with it. I bet that you get popups similar to the one at n12turbo.com occasionally at other websites, too. And worst of all, it transmits itself via e-mail as Panda has discovered. That kind of stuff is a pain in the arse to remove from the computer, sometimes there's nothing to do but to format the hard drive and lose all important files :( . Be careful guys!

And please, don't send it to me :P

Panda, have you found out what virus it is? We might be looking at a series of viruses instead of just one.

no virus found at all have done several full scans, but like i said I ddint have his email address on my pc at all !
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
RIP EAZY E

he

Post by RIP EAZY E »

i think you can by pass it if you just go straight into the forum i dont think it will trigger it...... but i got the blue screen of death a week and a bit ago