N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Jaycar Digital Fuel Adjuster

General chat related to anything N12.
wombat

Jaycar Digital Fuel Adjuster

Post by wombat »

Hi all,

I've just seen one of these fully assembled and tested on ebay and I'm wondering if anyone else has used one with the ET engine? I've seen them used before on a maxima, and it was awesome, but I'm just wondering how you guys went installing one in an E15ET? I remember reading something about it before that sounded pretty good but I can't seem to find the post now.

Cheers.
-Adam
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

talk to DanET on nissanexa.com. he has pulled 141kw's from a stock computer and stock AFM setup on his E15ET with one of these. they are fairly good if you can get the dyno time.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
redbaron1991

Post by redbaron1991 »

yargh i cannot find this Dan ET on nissanexa.com
?
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

oh well.. looks like you'll have to read the instruction manual with the DFA and work it out. its not a hard device, and the rewards for using it will certainly be worth it.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
wombat

Post by wombat »

cheers ben. i'm going to put a post on nissanexa.com about it and see what happens. from what i've been reading though, it seems like a pretty straightforward thing. i guess asking how good it will be is kind of like asking how good adding or reducing fuel would be. kind of a silly one to ask i guess ;)

also, autospeed.com have unlocked all the old articles about the dfa these days. i'll post the link to them for everyone.

Part 1
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2418/article.html

Part 2
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2420/article.html
txateu

Post by txateu »

wombat that site is absolutly mad! i realy like the idea of the fuel adjuster, what a good idea
cheers Michael,
wombat

Post by wombat »

yeah autospeed is awesome :)
txateu

Post by txateu »

im realy considering buying one now, well my car just broke down but when its up and runnign again :)
cheers Michael,
wombat

Post by wombat »

bidding war!!!! lol
Cheers
-Adam

wombat

Post by wombat »

sloganizer rules - thanks for the idea banzai!
Cheers
-Adam

bonzai

Post by bonzai »

wombat wrote:sloganizer rules - thanks for the idea banzai!
Ha no worries... its great hay. :D

PM me
wombat

Post by wombat »

it's bloody awesome
Cheers
-Adam

wombat

Post by wombat »

well, i've spent my monies for this week already so i can't buy the dfa :( so i'll post the link to all you guys ;)

E-Bay Link Here

not that i was holding out on you or anything.... muhahahaha :)
-adam
Cheers
-Adam

txateu

Post by txateu »

was planning on going to jayca today to buy the kit... DAMN bastards closed 5 minutes early i got there and theye were already in there cars leaving :(
wombat u getting one?
cheers Michael,
wombat

Post by wombat »

yeah was getting one but need to put the cash in other places at the moment :( i won't be making it though, i suck at soldering (won't even be thinking of attempting the dfa it's madness). plus i've heard too many disaster stories of people buggering em up :)

so getting one as soon as i can, have contacted the ebay seller who's selling em cause he's selling em fully assembled for like $80 less than autospeed.com. it's $140 more than buying the kit, but i've paid way more money for less ;)

which reminds me... anyone here got any fj20 injectors, or other low impedence injectors which fit in the factory mounts?
Cheers
-Adam