N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

What pissed you off? (Whilst driving).

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Andjeti

What pissed you off? (Whilst driving).

Post by Andjeti »

Is there a special nerve that connects the ears to the brain in Falcodore drivers? Does this nerve act on the sound of a turbo spooling up (regardless of size) in order to switch the brain off and cause said falcodore driver to all of a sudden become a knob-jockey? Are we all born with this nerve, and it's just the purchase of a falcodore that activates it, or is it caused by some parasitical virus that is transmitted from person to person when handing over the keys?

Case in point. I was driving "Blue" (stock ET, 2.5" exhaust) last night, just cruising home after being at the parents. I was coming up to a red light, but I could see that the lights on the opposite direction were going yellow, so I didn't bother slowing too much, just went back through the gears until I got to second. By this time the light in my direction was green, so I accelerated back up to the speed limit (80). Unbeknown to me in the left lane, at the lights was a "Chevrolet" Caprice (Don't even get me started on the whole Chevy badge on a holden issue, and I know a caprice is not a commodore, but, same shit), which proceeded to accelerate from the lights in what I suppose was a "normal manner". Due to me having a rolling start, and the fact that I only have two throttle positions in my right foot (on or off), I went past the caprice on full boost (What is it, half a psi on a stock T2?). Now approximately 400m past this set of lights, there is another set, which happened to go yellow as I was about half way between the two, so back down the gears I go, and come to a stop just as the light goes red.

Now, the previously sedate, calm, "normal" caprice driver has pulled up beside me and proceeded to do the "Hey I want to race you!" blipping of the throttle. Having eyes only for my little beat up, mid-eighties, hatchback, He obviously did not notice that the next set of lights (approx another 300-400 metres), were going orange as ours were going green. So I took off like a bull at a gate, must have revved my poor little 1.5 out to at least 3000 rpm before I changed gears, whilst the caprice beside me has taken off a little differently, with a slight spinning of the back wheels it launched as if it was a reincarnation of "Phar Lap" on Cup Day. This procession took place at three separate sets of lights (I hate the roads near my place, you get caught at one red, you get them all). At one point the caprice actually got a little bit too much wheel spin, and started sliding towards Blue. Now Blue isn't a pretty car, it's a little rough around the edges, but I like it, and more importantly, I need it (Can't afford to replace a car when I've just returned to studies after a 14 year break). Thankfully nothing happened, I let the caprice drive off into the distance as I needed to pull in behind it so I could turn onto a different street.

The point is..... actually there is no point really. Sorry about that, I just needed to rant and vent. OK, I'm over it, until next time I drive when it will be some cock-stain in a Falcon Ute probably. Happens all the time, and the funniest thing is when a performance japanese car (Skyline, Supra, WRX etc) pulls up next to me, nothing, not even if I accelerate hard (which I normally do, just Friday/Saturday nights I take it a bit easier, too many boys in blue out and about).

So, what pisses you guys off the most when you're driving your little bundles of joy?
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Andj
Im a professional driver.
There is not enough space on the server to be able to detail all............

My main gripe is on the highway, Im 26 meters/65 tonnes + and it does take a while to accellerate and the car stooges travel at 85kph.
THEN they come to an overtaker... and guess what they do?
No prizes!
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Andjeti wrote:At one point the caprice actually got a little bit too much wheel spin, and started sliding towards Blue. Now Blue isn't a pretty car, it's a little rough around the edges, but I like it, and more importantly, I need it (Can't afford to replace a car when I've just returned to studies after a 14 year break). Thankfully nothing happened, I let the caprice drive off into the distance as I needed to pull in behind it so I could turn onto a different street.
Well, you shouldn't trust other peoples' driving skills too much. Next time; don't race but let the guy go instead of giving him a race. You don't need to prove to anybody that your ET is fast. Racing other drivers is always a risk to your car, no matter how good driver you are yourself. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Back to topic; here's what pisses me off the most while driving.

Passholes of all kinds:
* Those that always are speeding up when there is a clear straight where you would have a good chance of overtaking, and always slowing down back to their ordinary slow driving speed when you come to an area where overtaking isn't allowed (or possible).
* Those that shift down and floor it (or just floor it without downshifting) when you start overtaking.
* Those that start chasing your ass at wayyyyy beyond the speed limits after you overtake them.

And of course; combinations of these.
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Any form of not indicating, from when changing lanes, to round-a-bouts to merging off the motorway. I always try give these people a huge fright and teach them a lesson!

People who change lanes 10 times a minute to get 2 cars ahead.

Anyone who isn't consistent. If you are consistently slow then i'll pass you. If you are consistently fast then you will crash/a cop will pick you up. BUT if you are inconsistent then who knows what to expect from you!
samual

Post by samual »

Dicks sitting in the right lane.

And that includes my old man(He was driving me in passenger seat with him and I said HEY why sit in the right lane and his responce = OHHH, was not thinking.) He was thinking of his next bowls day.

And people that stare at BRIGHT ORANGE CARS..HA HA. I know I can paint it.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

samual wrote:Dicks sitting in the right lane.
Mainly this. What kind of fucktard does it take to sit at the same speed as the guy in the next lane? And why do so many of em drive Camrys?

If we all just adopted my one rule, it wouldn't be a problem.

Stay out of the way.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Kimmo wrote:
samual wrote:Dicks sitting in the right lane.
Mainly this. What kind of fucktard does it take to sit at the same speed as the guy in the next lane? And why do so many of em drive Camrys?

If we all just adopted my one rule, it wouldn't be a problem.

Stay out of the way.
This tends to happen over here where I live, especially on 2-lane freeways. Traffic gets badly clogged up when two cars are driving equally slowly, one in each lane (such as 60-90 kilometers an hour at a 120 km/h freeway). Some (mostly older) people even do it on purpose, because they want to slow down traffic to 'safe speeds'! :shock:
photoglossy wrote:Anyone who isn't consistent. If you are consistently slow then i'll pass you. If you are consistently fast then you will crash/a cop will pick you up. BUT if you are inconsistent then who knows what to expect from you!
Agreed! In the area of my country where I live (Ostrobothnia), about 75-85% of the drivers are inconsistent. :evil:
My N12:
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

what really really really fucks me off and makes me wich i could get grenades easy is people who for whatever reason ( truck drivers are good at this one ) sit behind you beside you and for whatever reason a fellow driver has decided you have done wrong by them, so they beep, thats fine thanks for waking me up but then proceed to tailgate, drive past a dn stick there finger up, shout naughties out the window, this is generally when theres more than one loser driving.... at this point a switch has been flicked, i cant help it, court appointed theropy couldnt help it, its me. then we are confronted by a red light a traffic jam or we are stopped for another reason....... i dont do hand jeastures nore yell from the security of my car, you pull up along side them, usually they know you are there so it takes a few beeps to get there attention, winding down of the windows..... i try my hardest to keep my shit together, but generally it all ends the same, i'll let em kno i dont talk shit if they were man enough to be aggressive from there car maybe duck into tthe next side street and we can act like real men and sort it out.......... this is when the water effect takes place, for some reason ( must always be in a hurry ) not many people are willing to take thier bullshit any further..... so i pleed to these people, shut your fucking mouth, you'll get there eventually so just relax and drive safely and dont try and stand over people cos you just met a guy that is willing to take it till the end...........

thats what shits me about driving, and i'm the calmest biatch out there but my button unleashes hell......
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Forcd4 wrote:what really really really fucks me off and makes me wich i could get grenades easy is people who for whatever reason ( truck drivers are good at this one ) sit behind you beside you and for whatever reason a fellow driver has decided you have done wrong by them, so they beep, thats fine thanks for waking me up but then proceed to tailgate, drive past a dn stick there finger up, shout naughties out the window, this is generally when theres more than one loser driving.... at this point a switch has been flicked, i cant help it, court appointed theropy couldnt help it, its me. then we are confronted by a red light a traffic jam or we are stopped for another reason....... i dont do hand jeastures nore yell from the security of my car, you pull up along side them, usually they know you are there so it takes a few beeps to get there attention, winding down of the windows..... i try my hardest to keep my shit together, but generally it all ends the same, i'll let em kno i dont talk shit if they were man enough to be aggressive from there car maybe duck into tthe next side street and we can act like real men and sort it out.......... this is when the water effect takes place, for some reason ( must always be in a hurry ) not many people are willing to take thier bullshit any further..... so i pleed to these people, shut your fucking mouth, you'll get there eventually so just relax and drive safely and dont try and stand over people cos you just met a guy that is willing to take it till the end...........

thats what shits me about driving, and i'm the calmest biatch out there but my button unleashes hell......
amen brother

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

BennyET wrote:amen brother
+1. Why can't they drop it when the situation is over, geez! Why can't they just overtake you and go their own way. There's no point of 'being in a hurry' if you waste time ranting at other drivers instead of trying to reach your destination in time!
My N12:
Forcd4

Post by Forcd4 »

its because we live in this society where we treat each other like shit,, i've been to london twice now and they 10 times worse, we are a country that dont need each other for anything so why be nice, i live refusing to be a part of it....... talk to me like shit and my baby girl not around doors open and all i wish for is for them to be just like me and get out, i mean they got the gonads to call me a cunt from there car, but there window couldnt be wound up any quicker and i get a call for road rage, it wasnt rage bitch i just let those people know theres someone out there willing to break jaws instead of listen to their insults. fuk it shits me. and whats weird is if someone cuts me off i couldnt care less, I dont mind being tailgated, someone stealing my carpark or pretty much anything but soon as they start their ranting.. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear i gets the angrys