N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ET vs. 180SX.

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Rohan 84ET

ET vs. 180SX.

Post by Rohan 84ET »

hey all, my mate just bought a Nissan 180sx manual SR20DET, for $10,500

unfortunatly he crashed about half a day after he bought it . . . sucks but the roads were wet, he had never driven a rear wheel drive before, and he locked it up going into a corner too fast, slid off the road and went down a bank . . . . .$4,500 worth of damage.

so it will be back on the road again soon . . .

just wondering what kinda chance an ET with a T25G, fmic, Microtech Lt8s, 14-18 psi, Wade Cam, 2.5inch exhaust (no cat) and fat tires . . .would have against it in a straight line.

his SR has about 150 at the flywheel.

and for that matter, whats the craziest cars you ET owners have ever dragged off? . . .
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The ET should smoke it... no problem at all. If you had a good tune on 18psi you should be able to pull 140KW at the wheels. Add in the fact that the ET is about 300kg lighter and you will soon realise that it will be quite one sided. He will have you up to the 60' mark then you will fly buy!
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i've smoked a SR20DET 180 before, and i've smoked a porsche, and i've smoked a few skyline GTs 25T's and such... i find that i can actually get off the line a little faster if i ride the the clutch all the way out to 2nd gear, then its on because once an SR or RB gets traction, they can more often than not rope that distance back in a little.. but once you get to 100, its all over..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

iv beeting a toyota soura twin turbo..:) the story goes : testing the lil et and im comin back from this long road near my house wel anywayz.. im driving comes to a intersection i give way to this white soura that lives near me so i go behind him after giving way hez going about 15km/h so i go biside him and then he looks at me and floors it so i floor it in 2nd he looses traction coz he booted it and im still getting my reves up coz i was so low in the rev range in 2nd so anywayz i get him by about a car lenght and brake to turn into my street and he turns in hez drive way (right accros from my street) soi was shocked lol ... BtW the soura was auto and till this day (inc the day i raced him) every time he turnes it on white smoke comes out the exhust then after it warm and he boots it past my street it poors white smoke i think hes turbz seals are gone + its got a FMIC so i duno my et was stock and was running 3psi < had a airleak .. but yer was preety happy i think i won coz i was way lighter he had to get nearly 2tuns to get up and go i onli hadto get 900kg lol
BBBOOOSSSTTTTTT == RRRUUUSSSHHHHHH
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

haha, nice, good to hear!! so far the only people i have dragged off was my brother in his shit house VN commodore, and my other mate (the guy that now owns the 180) in his (then) yellow Hyundai excel . . . it was so dam annoying tho . . . i think i will be trying that Ben! . . .cos when i took off i had the revs at about 3500-4000 and it just got massive wheel spin . . . and i didn't lose the Hyundai until i was at about 60-70 k mph . . .i would gain some distance on him every time he changed gears . . cos my turbo would come hard up in the rev range. i beat him, so i guess i gotta be happy about that . . . but his car is like 20 years newer and has probably around the same, if not more kilowatts than my ET (as my ET is fairly standard, part from the T25G and Wade Cam)

Oh, and i did have fun one night going up the freeway, came across a Toyota Mark 2 Chaser (2JZ-GTE) i gunned it around the intersection coming up the freeway, and he turned up from the other side of the intersection behind me, he gunned it hard and flew past me . . . .so i dropped it back to second to get the revs right up, put it into third running max boost at almost 6000 rpm and flew past him, making sure to change into fourth just as i went by him . . .to leave him some nice BOV noises . . . .

it was a matter of seconds before he had flew past me again and was out of sight

:lol:
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
ET87

Post by ET87 »

i have a challenge my ET everything is stock vs my mate's 85 or 86 celica, ill give him a head start so he thinks he is winning n then change to 2nd n ill see him at the next maccas LOL, he reckons he can win NO CHANCE ill try video camera it thats if i hav my bro ( he wants an et as well only 14yrs old) or a mate with me. An audi was next to me trying to block me to get to the right lane n then i fly past him (ask my dad) he laughed that was the first time he saw the ET in action, who says slow down wen u r in 2nd gear at 3200 or around there ITS TURBO TIME lol
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

eyah i have a problem doing that. if i'm in second at 3200 rpm and i floor it, i'll end up sliding accross two lanes with wheelspin.. not real smart in traffic.. nice and easy till i hit the track. thats the way its meant to be..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

I was neck and neck with a 240rwhp 180sx that a mate of mine once owned, i have similar power/mods so a 150rwhp one shouldn't be a problem. They should however get you on the launch.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

ET FTW!!!!! ! :) BOGAN MOBILE FTL!!!!
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

^^^ this man, he knows

haha yer ets are weapons, its all about the power to weight

best kill i had in mine was with a 99 rex,22psi,vf34,cooler, stock ecu ( on 22psi wat a n00b) lol 30km/h role on 2nd even with him as im wheel spining,3rd 1.5 cars,4th 3 cars
30-200km 4 cars, wasnt he pissed of lol
ET87

Post by ET87 »

speaking of weapons' my grand pa said "wat a nice small car u have, that looks nice n neat" Pissed myself laughin wen he said nice, small car HA hey pa lets go for a spin, no small little car ne more. U killed a REX with 22psi off the line he would hav eatin u, the torque in the rex of the line, rollin start thats wen the ET would eat the wrx
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

yer standing start they hammer but even the rexes are only good in 1st,2nd, after that there shit, roll ons FTMFWY0!!!!
etking

Post by etking »

smoked a r32 the other day, it was modded, well it had a massive front mount with no front bar lol, he was beside himself, whipped by a 1.5ltr lol
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
txateu

Post by txateu »

mad! love hearing that! there should he a section just on races and what ppl have beaten...
cheers Michael,
Sabri

Post by Sabri »

Okai ets are sexc.. but no ets gonna beet a fucking dun up rex comon seriously 1 headof the wrx is as big as an et engine.. not that im dissing et i love this cars but not a rex comon no chance ... people say rexs are shit 1st , 2nd 3rd theyr good but the rest thier shit its becouse thier gear ratioes change them and ul be on top of the moon lol
BBBOOOSSSTTTTTT == RRRUUUSSSHHHHHH