N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Hi jst introducing myself

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sgs

Hi jst introducing myself

Post by sgs »

hi im a kiwi living in new zealand, joined ur site coz u guys have some pretty awesome rides. i myself own a 86 nissan pulsar sgs (hence my user name sgs) bought it for nine hundred bucks, it was a fair piece of crap, i'v since giving it a one weekend paint job and done a little work on the engine. its got 330,000 ks on the clock but i car jammed it and its possibly done more like 400! the beast is still going strong! i will post some pics soon and feel free to give me any ideas on how to improve performance etc, btw u can call me jonah
15exa
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 15exa »

welcome to the club jonah
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Good place for you kiwis Jonah, got enough of you over here already. Just jokes mate, welcome aboard. Have got some of your bro's on here doing some pretty funky stuff over there, it's a disease you'll have fun and frustration with. Will be good to see some pics, there's a thread on here for how to put pics up, pretty straight forward. Let us know what you've done already, you'll get plenty of suggestions on here and the boys over there will help you out. Check their members rides and see if you are near any of them. Once again, welcome aboard and feel free to put shit back on me.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

welcome to the N12Turbo forum Jonah. feel free to ask any questions you might have and make sure to post pics of your car :wink:

if you aren't sure on how to post pictures then click on the below link which will take you to the site picture posting how to section.

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=515
sgs

Post by sgs »

lol, yeh i havent done alot to it im still at high school so everything i'v already done is done cheap as, Firstly my car is a naturally aspirated fairly stock car. nothing (that i know of) has been done to it already, it did come with some nice of the era cheviot mags tho.
first thing i did was i chopped up the exhaust and welded a coby and a dumpy into it, the differance was noticable but not huge (i only dun it coz my mate gave them to me lol) then i got a bocsh racing coil i traded with another mate for a racing streeing wheel, that was quite good the car seemed to rev out alot more cleanly. most recently i'v added a round crome top pod filter and bought all new electrics for it(ignition leads, points and condenser) i'v put some decent sounds in it and the paint job i mentioned earlier, my mates dad who is a radiator speicalist gave me a reconditioned radiator SWEET!
Now a breif history
i bought the car last august for nine hundred bucks the outside was disgusting to say the least, flaking paint little bit of rust etc. engine is sweet. i'v had to fix lots of odd little things like the alternator packing a sad, witch iv since fitted a later model one from a 1990 nissan sentra. ha d to replace the gear box dew to a broken selector fork on fith gear( besides that the box is fine) seems to burn oil on start up so i might re-con the head and give it a port polish while im in there at some stage and thats that!
will post pics when i find out how, im a computer noob!
sgs

Post by sgs »

Last edited by sgs on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sgs

Post by sgs »

sgs

Post by sgs »

TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Welcome to the club!

A N/A N12 is a good start. It's not the fastest car in the world, but most certainly not a boring car to drive. And best of all, it is a N12. :D 8)

What are those four thingies beside the radiator?

Jan
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
sgs

Post by sgs »

lol ur right thanks, um they are actually dixie horns they sound like the dukes of hazard ones. you can just see the compressor in the left hand corner of the photo. it can still do 100kmh in second gear @6500rpm lol and i'v clocked the speedo at 180kmh
sgs

Post by sgs »

oh btw, u have a pretty sweet looking ride, think i'v seen pics of it b4 in google images
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

sgs wrote:lol ur right thanks, um they are actually dixie horns they sound like the dukes of hazard ones. you can just see the compressor in the left hand corner of the photo.
Never seen that before on a N12! I love melodic horns and train horns. :lol:
sgs wrote:it can still do 100kmh in second gear @6500rpm lol and i'v clocked the speedo at 180kmh
:D
sgs wrote:oh btw, u have a pretty sweet looking ride, think i'v seen pics of it b4 in google images
Thanks m8. 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

nice finish on the paint, looking real tidy :]
And I see you have a silver on black plate too!
sgs

Post by sgs »

yeh thanks! mum wanted to get me a personalised plate for ma birthday but i said no way coz i really dig the black plates(hard for the cops to read!lol) yeh i just use wattle stop rust for the paint, its a pretty tuff flexible paint and dosnt look bad, i was kinda dull looking but i'v been washing it heaps with wash n wax and its starting to really pop. wax dosnt work coz the paint is sorta porus and the blue coloured wax gets trapped in it, cut and polish is no good coz this paint looks terrible if u try cut it back, it goes pastal greyish lol. thanks guys. hey i was throwning around the idea of putting and lumpy cam in it some day, and not to mention extractors to go with it. duz anyone no much about putting lumy cams in non turbed e15's?
Sohcturbs

Post by Sohcturbs »

Have a chat to Adrian at Franklin Cams he's a good guy and did my cam.
You probably need to think about what you want out of it as a small displacement engine with a big cam will be not so nice to drive.