N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Hey this is my Langa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

Cheers everyone
Yeah I even find 84 pulsar rare down here, let alone a Langley :0
15exa wrote:nice ride mate......... "langa", i love that.

mind if i pick your brain with questions on digi dash wiring in the next couple of weeks???
Don't think I could be any help as this dash came stock when I got this car sorry :[

photoglossy A mate of mine sent me a link your kit up on trademe a week ago funny eonugh. Would be an interesting thought, just can't afford it since I spent a bunch of savings to get the paint job and the vinyl done.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

just get the gloss done with vinyl too.. easy as..
satin only looks good when you have a very straight body and you, sir, do.

congrats, better looking car than 99% of people on here and you're only just starting.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

Noticed the front bumper isn't straight, leans downward on the left. This the chassis might be bent from a dig up in the past. When we were painting it the drivers front fender and hood had a red paint, and the rest was black.

Finally had some good weather down here and was able to take some new snaps of the added gloss and vinyl.

Have discovered a few scuff marks on the doors, but guess that shit happens over time which is anus :/
Next thing I would like to do is drop it maybe 50mm, find a stock duck tail, veneers and get rid of the bloody engine stutter.
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

Mate,
that looks perfect.
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

The funding for the restorations:

My Home Business:
Computer Repair Melbourne
Computer Sales Melbourne
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I LIKE IT!

any reason why the white stripe doesn't go all round?

C
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

She's a beaut! Stunning
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

very cool!
love the weather shields too.

with the bumper, loosen off the bolts and get someone else to push the bumper into alignment while you retighten.
there is a bit of adjustment available.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Android 360 wrote:congrats, better looking car than 99% of people on here and you're only just starting.
Agreed. Looks tidy as! Great work! :D 8)
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

Cheers everyone for the complements! Stoked to have all the paint work done, and happy how the gloss and satin came out.

Callumgw the reason I didn't wrap the white all around the bumpers is the texture on them is a lot rougher than the side panels so it would fall off eventually, and plus there isn't a groove for it to sit in either.

Cheers for the heads up Android 360 I'll give that a go when the weather is clear over the weekend and get a mate with a good eyeometer :]

Also on the look out for a drivers side front corner indicator as mine one has had the bash and is holding on by a single screw. Went to one of the wreckers here in Welly, but not a single N12.
Shit ton of Honda's though lol
christhebuilder

Post by christhebuilder »

Hey, i dont have an indicator, but you can get them new still from nissan, i got mine a month ago from Nissan Lower Hutt, it cost $115, i know its a lot but there are none about, i tried.

or try nisparts in seaview as they have some new ones in boxs too. theres about 4 different types for the n12, worth a shot
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

Thanks Chris for the heads up on the light!
Haven't been out to Seaview for a bit, but will be sure to check them out if I don't have any luck with the wreckers up in the naki next weekend.

I'll drop a link here if any one wants a copy of the EPS file I made for the Turbo vinyl on the side. I traced it 1:1 off my car before I removed it.
Just take this file to any sign writer and they can quickly chop one out for you quickly.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/702559/Langa/Turbo1.EPS
christhebuilder

Post by christhebuilder »

did you ever find an indicator, If you ever need any parts give me a buzz, i have heaps of spares, turbos, ecus, manifolds, block, head, gaskets, gearbox + shit loads more......just in case.

cheers chris
sktnz

Post by sktnz »

christhebuilder wrote:did you ever find an indicator, If you ever need any parts give me a buzz, i have heaps of spares, turbos, ecus, manifolds, block, head, gaskets, gearbox + shit loads more......just in case.

cheers chris
Nah The wreckers were shut when I drove up to the naki :( so I wasn't able to have a gander what they have there, and I have a feeling they should have some interesting bits being one of the bogan towns of NZ

But yeah I'll be keen to see what bits and bobs you have out there in the hutt. Usually free in the weekend, but during the week I'm at work 8-6.
sgs

Post by sgs »

awesome looking car, hey my car was a bit stuttery too, hope i dont insult anyone here but i put new ignition leads in it, made the car go one trillion times better. and no mis fire
sgs

Post by sgs »

sktnz wrote:Noticed the front bumper isn't straight, leans downward on the left. This the chassis might be bent from a dig up in the past. When we were painting it the drivers front fender and hood had a red paint, and the rest was black.

Finally had some good weather down here and was able to take some new snaps of the added gloss and vinyl.

Have discovered a few scuff marks on the doors, but guess that shit happens over time which is anus :/
Next thing I would like to do is drop it maybe 50mm, find a stock duck tail, veneers and get rid of the bloody engine stutter.
yeh thats a possiblity, but i think they have red under coat/primer coz mine have the same red on the panels when i sanded the paint back enough to see it. i have some wonky bumpers too but its just coz the screw holes have torn out so the bumper dosnt sit straight anymore