N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sash's ET

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
etking

Post by etking »

i got mine from www.racespec.com.au inlet and outlet for the t28, its ricey billet but its awesome quality
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
SashET

Post by SashET »

Callumgw wrote:Hey Sash,
I was thinking of making a new pipe for the compressor inlet (t25) where'd you get the flange from for yours?

C
Hey C,

I got mine made up at work out of stainless (although ones rusting a bit as you can see int the photo, I need to clean that up!). I just took them the original for measurments and told them how I wanted them made (like which way it needs to point).

I did this for the inlet and outlet of the turbo!

Cheers
Sash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Ahh Thanks Sash. Most places seem to sell, the turbine flanges but very few sell the compressor inlet....

C
SashET

Post by SashET »

Hey All,

Here's the latest update to this never ending project.

VL Throttle Body. Didn't rally notice any performance gains with this although it does feel alot crisper (<---- if thats a word) on the throttle.

Bitch to reset my idle/tps/accelerator cable settings again! Hopefully thats the last time I'll be doing that.

And my favourite, Subaru Liberty water to air intercooler!

Yeah baby!

It's yet to be fitted and I can't be fuked getting all my plumbing going but this is definitely a good start in the right direction. Can't wait to see what inlet temps I get with this little sucker...

Cheers
Sash
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Where's the other hole?
SashET

Post by SashET »

Kimmo wrote:Where's the other hole?
Here, underneath the outlet.

Cheers
Sash
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Pretty much confirms my notion that you want a bigger inlet than outlet on an IC...

I spose you've gotta mount a pump somewhere for the water, too?
SashET

Post by SashET »

Kimmo wrote:Pretty much confirms my notion that you want a bigger inlet than outlet on an IC...

I spose you've gotta mount a pump somewhere for the water, too?
Ummm....

The bigger opening is the outlet. The smaller one is the inlet from the turbo.

Yep, gotta get a pump and another air cond. condensor to act as the radiator for it.

Cheers
Sash
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Good work Sash I rekon this is a better option than any other underbonnet tmic.
I wanted to replace my FMIC for a PWR water to air but $$$ man wayy too much lol
Lol and u beat me to it, sorry kimmo u have it all wrong way round little inlet bigger outlet. All the factory coolers i have seen and owned(theres plenty) are small inlet larger outlet. I used the same principal for my front mount
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
SashET

Post by SashET »

Panda_ET wrote:Good work Sash I rekon this is a better option than any other underbonnet tmic.
I wanted to replace my FMIC for a PWR water to air but $$$ man wayy too much lol
Lol and u beat me to it, sorry kimmo u have it all wrong way round little inlet bigger outlet. All the factory coolers i have seen and owned(theres plenty) are small inlet larger outlet. I used the same principal for my front mount
Yep, smaller inlet and larger outlet.

Yeah Matt, the PWR units I was researching are fuking big $$$, especially the barrell types. I can't wait to get this hooked up and see how she goes.

To start with, I'll hook everything up with the air cond condensor and fill it up with water and see how she goes. I'll buy and set up the pump once I know how I plan to run the control system (i.e. temp switch to turn the pump on and off or simply have it run all the time).

Dunno, I'll decide all that once I hook it all up.

Cheers
Sash
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

awesome well make sure u keep us upto date with it all Im definitely interested to see how ya go with it all
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

SashET wrote:smaller inlet and larger outlet
O_o

...Someone care to explain why the denser air needs more room?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

There must be a good reason for it. out of 7 factory coolers ive seen and owned even the shitty S13 side mount toaster they were all like it. i took it more as a velocity thing but hey if it works it works lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

my mates s13 has aluminium ic piping, its 2in from turbo and flares to 2.5 at the intercooler inlet then gets larger again at the throttle body.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

my VLT piping starts life as 2" off the turbo to about 2.5" to the cooler then 3" out the cooler to the TB. works well enough. it hammers for whats actually done.