N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Tassuperkarts GX Turbo (Updated again!)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
R1173

Post by R1173 »

Love the 'look' E. Ur GX is now inspiration for my GX sedan.
Keep ur the top work.

Hayden.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Glad you lik,e it Hayden.
Im a fan of the "rat" look. Crappy paint and rarely/never washed but with a tough engine and so-on.
Altho wifey agitates for a paint job to bling it up..................one day!
Function over form!
The true sleeper! LOL.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Damo

Post by Damo »

tassuperkart wrote:Glad you lik,e it Hayden.
Im a fan of the "rat" look. Crappy paint and rarely/never washed but with a tough engine and so-on.
Altho wifey agitates for a paint job to bling it up..................one day!
Function over form!
The true sleeper! LOL.
L8tr
E

Function over form is where its at!

I am sick to death of architects and other knob jockies not caring if it works at all, as long as it looks good.

I remember the ol days when the ET had a white bonnet, red front left guard and stocko Gold/morone and supprised the bejeebuz out of a schmiko Pink/Black LH SLR! Sleeper FTW :D

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

ROFLMAO!
Good one Damo!
L8tr
E
etking

Post by etking »

same brake set up as mine ;) am i brushing off on you old man?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hehehehe nah Josh. It just happens that my rear disks were at the end of their useful life.
They needed replacing and a full set came up at the right price so i grabbed them.
Most of the stuff I acquire comes to me that way rather than me actually actively looking out for them.
Way it is I spose.
L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Did a bit to the GXTurbo today.

I cleaned up and finished off the manifold runners I have match ported to the new ported head/cam combo I recently got from Paull Charman.
I also used another set of injectors I have since the ones on the engine now are pretty ratshit with uneven light throttle running and weird plug colours.

I also cleaned up the stock injector rail and removed all thos shitty looking little vac lines running here and there. My rail is just plain in and out now.

So, I decided to get the tools out and pull the stock head off and fit up the new clobber.
Nothing of any consequence really and since all E15's look the same internally, I didnt bother taking any pix.

In the short term, I used the plenum that is already fitted to the car as I have not really gotten around to sorting out the EGI manifold so not ready to go on.
There are quite a few lines and so-on that wont be used on that setup and need plugging.
I simply detest little bits of rubber hose with little bolts jammed into the ends to block off those pesky little hosetails poking out of the manifolds here and there! Its a pet hate of mine..............arrrrgh!
There are a couple of other parts (EGR and so-on) that need to be blanked off with ally plates and since Ive been spending most of my time fooling with the VG30det so the ET has been on the backburner for a while!

Out with the tuning handpiece and did a new light throttle, low RPM setup. It required quite a bit of leaning out down low and the engine then settle into a nice reliable idle.
Only a little "camminess" about it really, just a slight uneveness at around 950 rpm.
Enough to let you know whats going on but not enought to piss wifey off!
With the idle set at about 750 the engine loped along with that satisfying "brrrp..brrrrp brrrrp..brrrrp" kinda idle but the engine becomes too unreliable down there when the alternator is loaded up with lights, fans and so-on. Drops down to about 400 revs!! Plenty lumpy at those low revs lol!
Gotta fix that tho.

The EGI manifold has an air regulator (cold idle) built into it along with a solenoid valve enabling it to idle up when the electrical load comes on. Ill just wire the solenoid in with the headlight circuit.
The stock ET ecu has the same valves fitted into the log.

Anyway, ran it up for a while to allow the cooling system to bleed out and look for oil and water leaks. Shut it down and all is good.

Out on the road the car feels very different now and really "alive".
Low down performance is much the same, just a little doughey right off idle and down low. makes it smoother if anything.
Once the thing revs up it all really happens and the engine simply sings away right up to the rev cut set at 6200 rpm.
Gave it a good flogging now while doing a quick on-road mixture trim and rewarded with crazy wheelspin thru 1st and 2nd and torque steering all over the show in third!
Nothing too drastic of course at such low boost but nonetheless a definite improvement.
The engine pulls seamlessly from 3000rpm with a flat torque curve all the way to the limiter!!
Seems to want to rev on forever really for such a mild cam! However, 6200 it is and thats where its staying.
Damn its fun when you add some trick bits and they actually work!
All this on stock 7psi with no intercooler fitted yet!

Cant wait to fit up the N12/13 hybrid box with the shorter 4.1:1 diff, my new tough clutch and a decent FMIC then wind the little bitch up to about 14psi!

The ultimate sleeper!!!!

L8tr
E
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

it's good to see your getting things done too your wifey's car. it was looking like you lost interest there for a while. when your done you can come fix mine coz i've lost interest in it! :lol:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LOL nah just too much energy going into the VG30det right now. Im waiting for parts so had a bit of time left over!

OK then Ash, stick it on a trailer, bring all your bits, plenty of money and beer and anything is possible!!!!!!
Ill have my wide band EGO controller and readout by then for accurate on-road tuning as well!
L8tr
E
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

I had another rush of blood today!!

Wifey has been complaining about a front clearance light that wont work, so out with the screwsticks to fix.

Sitting there umm'ing and ahhh'ing about intercoolers and while i was there I dug out my collection of coolers.
2 x 300zx twin-turbo side mounts, a modded RX-7, a smallish cooler of unknown origin I had on the FJ powered ute and the big arsed Hybrid 600 x 300.

Its no secret my admiration of rats and sleepers!
I just dont like the look of bloody great intercoolers hanging out like a big alloy tongue from the front of cars with pipes dangling underneath.

Grabbed a tape and started measuring up with the intention of fitting the RX7 job.
After removing the grille, it appears that the 600 x 300 could actually fit and be hidden!
It was ET Rider's work that twigged me on to fit it in total stealth mode. However, I have a GX with twin headlights which are much wider than the ET's single lights and there is almost no way the piping can follow the path he is looking at.

Anyway after a couple of hours, some simple brackets and some other fabrication chicanery, this is the result. Not the best pic but clearly shows the cooler in there.

Completely hidden and total stealth.

No pix yet of the piping as its not actually fitted yet. Gotta get some clamps, elbows and other stuff to complete it.

The 2.5" piping runs hard against the lower crossmember and thru some clearance notches I cut into the bottom of the bumber brackets. This has not really weakened the brackets much but when i pull the bumber/grille/lights off again to complete the job Ill brace the brackets full circle around the piping.

The very bottom and outside of the front radiator support panel, (below the headlights and just inside the mudguard) is basically hanging out doing nothing so i notched this panel to give clearance for the piping.
The pipes run straight out of the cooler, bend backwards almost against the inside of the front guards into the wheel well, and then turn directly back inwards passing thru some holes cut into the plastic splash guards passing just underneath the chassis rails.

The passengers side then runs straight under the turbo. Gotta rotate the compressor housing down and it hooks straight up.

Since Im using the EGI manifold which exits on the drivers side, the pipes run across thru the same path on the drives side then once thru the plastic splash guard turns straight up, then back, then into the throttle body.

The cooler and all the piping is totally hidden from the outside world!
Ill get some pix of the pipework once I get the parts I need.

L8tr
E
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

That looks shit hot, i like :mrgreen:

Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
L8tr
E
baz

Post by baz »

Looking very Hawt "E"
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

your on a roll Evan! what was your inspiration this weekend? i think a few of us need in on it!! :wink:
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

e mate well done see now im brushing of on ya lol i wanted mine as hidden as i could and i think i did a good job of it. the wifey must be a very happy wifey. looks like someone is getting lucky lol were the candles time for a romantic dinner

keep kicken man
etrider
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600