N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

TXATEU's 83 exa

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

EXA 4 EVA wrote:what did that internals package cost and where did u get it and what are the specs of the bits? like would this fit to a std e15t or wouls i have to get the piston holy things bored?
would love to know aswell!!! thanx.
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
txateu

Post by txateu »

i bought them off sam, thats sammyet for around the $200 mark, it was the bargin of the century, from what i was told everything is balanced, shotpeened, and the pistons are acl duralites, and they dont fit, i think there +.5mm bigger then standard but it seems more, ill check later with my verniers

did abit more work work on it today

cheers Michael,
etking

Post by etking »

that hilux in the background modified modded? looks tuff!
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
txateu

Post by txateu »

nah thats my dads new hilux, just a stock turbo diesel, sounds realy good when its going though, spools mad!
cheers Michael,
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

Pistons are 20thou oversize, which is half a millimetre yes
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
txateu

Post by txateu »

thanks sam, looks like my calculations were correct... can someone give me the exact measrements of the bore? along with the acceptablility over/under size?
cheers Michael,
txateu

Post by txateu »

I havent posted anything about my car for a while as i been real busy.

Anyway Ive had the engine bored out to i put new bearings in and refitted the crank and pistons but have come to a problem with the direction of the bearings.

Hard to exlpain without a pic ( ill put one up soon) but when looking at the front of the engine. the conrods have the notch/slit on the big end bearings facing the left side of the block and i'm wondering if this is the right way of fitting them. Also I put both of the notch/slits in the bearings on the same side of the rods assuming this was right but i just want to make sure.

Can anyone please clarify this for me? Did any of that make sense?
cheers Michael,
txateu

Post by txateu »

finally got a decent pic of the engine this should explain it abit better...

if the notches in the big end rod bearings are both at the end with the red arrow, would this be the correct way to fit them?
cheers Michael,
txateu

Post by txateu »

anyone?
cheers Michael,
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

I think the bearing shells only go in one way. They have notches they sit into.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
txateu

Post by txateu »

Paul Smith wrote:I think the bearing shells only go in one way. They have notches they sit into.
yeah thats true but when the rod connects to the crank how do i know which way to position those bearings? or does it not matter?

if your standing in front of the engine (piston 1 being closest) and you fit the piston into the bore, how do u know which way the conrod bearings go? i dont have a workshop manual and didnt look when i pull them out
cheers Michael,
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

According to the Hayne's manual the 2 numbers at the big end of the conrods have to go together and then they are fitted facing the jackshaft.
Last edited by Paul Smith on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
txateu

Post by txateu »

Paul Smith wrote:According to the Hayne's manual the 2 numbers at the big end of the conrods have to got together and then they are fitted facing the jackshaft.
sweet that helps a fair bit cos at least i got that right... so the jackshaft is like a mini cam shaft/oil shaft yes?
cheers Michael,
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Yeah, it's driven by the timing belt and it runs the oil pump.
Mods
txateu

Post by txateu »

Ahh thanks Paul, just checked the engine... all good I did it the right way :)

next step is to get the head done and paint the block... should be fun
cheers Michael,