N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Ben Hewitson and his '85 Exa Turbo... (56k warning)

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

almost finished off the intercooling. check the thread on it in tech.

Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

looks good Ben. now come over to Vic and make up some new pipes for me :lol:
txateu

Post by txateu »

looks great ben, i love it, i love the plenum too been eyeing one of them for a while now...
i see what u ment about your strut brace not being welded right have u managed to straighten it or anything yet?
cheers Michael,
etking

Post by etking »

strut brace is adjustable, its not welded wrong, hes prob been to lazy to loosen it up and get it straight lol :P
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
txateu

Post by txateu »

ahh, kay i thought it was, nah thats cool then
cheers Michael,
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

etking wrote:strut brace is adjustable, its not welded wrong, hes prob been to lazy to loosen it up and get it straight lol :P
been flat out bashing it about. not a lot of room to adjust it. the threads are meant to be opposing each other so you turn the centre piece and it tightends up both ends. but this one you get the distance right and you cant put tention on it. still no luck getting it to look straight though..

i also thought it was more important to spend my long weekend, removing 8 trucks of soil from the back yard, laying in new top soil, using a rotary hoe to mix it all up, level with bob-cat, roll out 200m2 of lawn, install sprinkler system, plants, put the fences back up, attend a combined 30th dress up parts, make my costume, get drunk, spend all night there...

so you can see if the strut brace doesn't go on straight the first time, like the one i made for less than $50, then it has to sit and wait for a free spot to pop up in my life to fix it.

anyway.. just to let you know i spent around $100 for rotors, brake pads and dot4... check it out.. $50 brembo's.. new.. from Sprint Autoparts.

These are going on the ET. i've got the big Mitsubishi 266mm vented rotors and calipers going onto the exa.

Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
etking

Post by etking »

best way to get it straight is to start again with it straight as ur installing it and tightening it up :D

nice brakes btw, gonna take much to get on the ET ??
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Ben Hewitson wrote: Image
hey ben, i also got these discs but have had no luck sourcing the caliper to suit. do you have any extras or know where to get a set?
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

all i can say is that the ET has the EXA/Prarie vented brakes and calipers on it already. dont forget that the Prarie and EXA have the same brakes, so grab one of those. i'll have some spare calipers soon, going to start the mitsubishi brakes on the EXA this weekend hopefully.

these should bolt onto an EXA, but for an ET you'll need to sort out the calipers etc.. if i owned a straight ET i'd just buy Shanes brakes.

i'll get stuck into this brace tonight and see what i can achieve with it. not had much luck so far.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Ben Hewitson wrote:all i can say is that the ET has the EXA/Prarie vented brakes and calipers on it already. dont forget that the Prarie and EXA have the same brakes, so grab one of those. i'll have some spare calipers soon, going to start the mitsubishi brakes on the EXA this weekend hopefully.

these should bolt onto an EXA, but for an ET you'll need to sort out the calipers etc.. if i owned a straight ET i'd just buy Shanes brakes.

i'll get stuck into this brace tonight and see what i can achieve with it. not had much luck so far.
i got dba slotted front and rear. would rather get these vented rotors on the front, yeah they arent on cause i have std et calipers.
let me know when you want to offload the exa calipers and i'll grab them.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

no worries, will do. lucky you found the Brembo's casue DBA dont make the 319 for the EXA anymore in standard or standard slotted. lol..
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Ben Hewitson wrote:no worries, will do. lucky you found the Brembo's casue DBA dont make the 319 for the EXA anymore in standard or standard slotted. lol..
oooh lucky me (had em for two yrs tho!)
i sold another set to someone who already had the prairie calipers so they do fit/work on an et.

can you get decent pads for the exa/prairie caliper?
i've got bendix hd on the fronts and std on the rear (dont make hd rears anymore). both crap pads i reckon.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

ok.. here are the brakes. little vented EXA/Prarie Brembo's for the ET and the big Mitsubishi 266mm vented brakes and calipers for the EXA.

Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nismo85et wrote:
Ben Hewitson wrote:no worries, will do. lucky you found the Brembo's casue DBA dont make the 319 for the EXA anymore in standard or standard slotted. lol..
oooh lucky me (had em for two yrs tho!)
i sold another set to someone who already had the prairie calipers so they do fit/work on an et.

can you get decent pads for the exa/prairie caliper?
i've got bendix hd on the fronts and std on the rear (dont make hd rears anymore). both crap pads i reckon.
yeh i got slotted DBA's. you can get Endless street and race pads for the EXA/Prairie calipers :)$160 for the street set tho :( being endless branded i woulda say proly worth it tho
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Well guys. its pretty much finished. all this time wasted trying to get the car going ended up being a dud power trannie.. i swapped it out and put in the skyline coil and away she goes. seems to drive ok around my house, haven't taken it out on the road yet cause of the bumper..

not its time to make the ET stock, and get the goodies into the EXA.. cant wait!!