N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Planning an E15ET swap, need some advise

General chat related to anything N12.
nissancherryn12

Planning an E15ET swap, need some advise

Post by nissancherryn12 »

Hello all!

For my nissan cherry (pulsar) with E13 i'm planning an E15ET swap. I've done a lot of reading and listening and made a good list with all the parts i need. Just to check this list i need your help. If i forgot something could you then please give me a sign?

This is my list:

-motor
-gearbox
-driveshafts
-turbo-brakes
-hubs
-fuelpump + fueltank + fuellines
-Loom in engine and cabine
-MAF/AFM
-ECU
-filter housing
-all the pipes and hoses
-intake manifold + throttle chamber
-iddle air control valve
-air regulator
-shocks
-rear supspension arms
-turbo-pressure controller
-dropping resistor
-fan timer
-boost sensor with delaying valve
-fuel pump relay
-throttle-cable
-radiator + fans
-exhaust

Tnx all for your help!

Cheers,

rens
netherlands
Nissan Cherry N12 1.3 and 1.5
Nissan X-TRAIL 2.5 Columbia Style
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Wow, you're ambitious...

The rear suspension arms? So you're doing the rear discs as well?

You'll need the master cylinder and brake lines too.
nissancherryn12

Post by nissancherryn12 »

Tnx :D

Well unfortunatelly i can't find a possebility to transport the rear disk-brakes conversion from australia all the way to europe. I actually find out that the turbo rear supspension-arms are thicker then the normal arms for the 1.0/1.3/1.5 and diesel. The front brake conversion to vented discs will be done offcourse!
Nissan Cherry N12 1.3 and 1.5
Nissan X-TRAIL 2.5 Columbia Style
boosted

Post by boosted »

nissancherryn12 wrote:Tnx :D

Well unfortunatelly i can't find a possebility to transport the rear disk-brakes conversion from australia all the way to europe. I actually find out that the turbo rear supspension-arms are thicker then the normal arms for the 1.0/1.3/1.5 and diesel. The front brake conversion to vented discs will be done offcourse!

:shock: :shock:
i thought i knew everything about e15et-conversions(having done it a few times).
but you are right, according to FAST there seems to be a difference between the rear suspension arms.
do you know in what way they are thicker than the N/A ones??
however, i've not had any issues with the "weaker" ones for many kms and years ;)
when you are swapping the brakes, don't forget to include the proportioning valve.

greets
martin
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Kimmo wrote:Wow, you're ambitious...
That makes two of us, but I'm on a lower budget <-> slower timetable. :lol:
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Cmon guys... THINK!

There must be a million small cars with disk rears laying about at the local tip, dumped in the forest, or the local wreckers you could adapt on with just a little imagination...... surely!

Hint: machine down your current rear drums to make nice flat funky carriers and then gut out a disk of the right diameter and drill it to "slip" over the studs sticking out of the now flat plate.

Cut out of 10mm plate steel some simple carriers to hold the calipers. No welding mind you. Illegal.

The rest should be pretty easy if you use your head.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
TurboZ.Dude

Post by TurboZ.Dude »

Evan, you are absolutely right, as always! That would produce a very well working rear brake system! Thanks for the tip! I can't speak for Rens, but personally I'm not handy enough to do such work. And it's easier to use something that already has been designed to work on the N12, saves a lot of work if you can bolt the parts straight on without modifications. OK, shipment costs a lot, but well worth the money!

And another more important reason:

Over here you can't just slap on a set of brakes and assume they will pass modification MOT... usually you need some certificate that shows that the parts are designed for the car and/or will work together with the car. I want to use N12 parts because then I can prove to the MOT guys that the parts are designed for the car and will do their job perfectly. I don't know how the MOT system works in The Netherlands though... but I know for sure that Rens does like original Nissan parts better than anything else!
My N12:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4926,
http://www.zxoc.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6345
http://forums.mightycarmods.com/showthr ... Pulsar-N12
in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! :D - Ash
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

tassuperkart wrote:Cmon guys... THINK!

There must be a million small cars with disk rears laying about at the local tip, dumped in the forest, or the local wreckers you could adapt on with just a little imagination...... surely!
Hmm... like a Magna. Which prolly has a quite similar weight distribution, I guess... so given Callum's front brake upgrade tute, the Magna's whole system could be a goer, potentially sorting the balance problem.