N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Sway bars and Strut braces. ET and EXA difference

General chat related to anything N12.
dj_djox

Sway bars and Strut braces. ET and EXA difference

Post by dj_djox »

Are there any differences between the ET and EXA sway bars and strut braces.

I assume they are the same as it should be the same chassy and running gear.

Thanks
Dj
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Front strut brace = same

exa doesnt have rear sway bars anyway.

otherwise the fronts are interchangable
txateu

Post by txateu »

i no this is an old thread but no point starting a new one for the same thing.

is it possible to fit a rear sway bar to an exa if they never came with one?
cheers Michael,
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

txateu wrote:i no this is an old thread but no point starting a new one for the same thing.

is it possible to fit a rear sway bar to an exa if they never came with one?
Sure can mate, have a sway bar on the rear of my exa, usually a custom job if ur wanting one of decent size
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

if you that the et rear stanliser arms it makes life a lot simpler, the exa never came out with rear sway bars but all pulars bit so you get the brackets to bolt it to and disc rear brakes as a bonus
i got 23mm front and back and front strute brace on my exa,drives like a go-kart,hug then round abouts iI tell ya

zoomzoom
tits'n' wheels gotta love'em
ctchme

Post by ctchme »

hey zoomzoom, did u notice any difference when u installed the strut brace?? have got 23mm front and rear swaybars as well
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

I went from stock to the set up i got now, so dont know mate,but I saying that it would make the diffrents,being alot less flex no body roll to speak of, and the front being quite low helps to i suppose
I not taking it off put it that way

ZoomZoom
gopulsar

srut brace

Post by gopulsar »

hey mate, i made a strut brace for the exa a few weeks ago. best thing i did, it made a considerable differance in my opinion. and i was expecting that i would be wasting my time. the biggest change was got rid of alot of the really bad understeer. then, noticed more traction on acceleration and a more 'solid' ride. very happy i did it. i have, at this stage, stock sway bar, lowered front springs.
id get one!
txateu

Post by txateu »

I wonder if rear sway bar or strut brace would be better. Strut brace stops body twisting where the sway bars stiffen suspension.

I've done rear sway bars in other cars before and they make a world of difference.

SO just to confirm, what et parts would be needed to ad sway bars to an exa?
I'm guessing swaybar, rear a arms and bushes??
cheers Michael,
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

being a welder you could just weld a 2" peice of plate under the arms 6"s in front of the rear shocks and drill a hole just in front of the shock 4 nuts and bolts and walare bolt sway bar on or get a set of et or sires 2 pulsar rear arms it all there as for strute brases,it all helps to keep up on four wheels do 110km on a sweeper,ass still puckers up abit though:lol:

zoomzoom
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

I'm looking for a good aftermarket rear stabiliser one - Does anyone know where to get them?

In my ET I have 2 standard ones clamped together, but it isn't really enough/tunable for circuit racing. Its absolutely perfect for performance road driving though - you need a decent set of shockers, springs and bushes to take advantage of it.

All you need from the wreckers is the bar itself off an old ET. It has 2 bolts each side, grab them too.

Darren.
Race it.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

I made a rear strut brace years ago for the ET.

All it is, is 2 right angle brackets welded to the wheel arches inside the car either side, and a piece of 1" box tube bolted between them.

It made a noticable difference because my door rubbers used to squeak a heap going up my old driveway, then after making the brace it no longer did it.

can upload a picture if anyones interested
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

timmy,whiteline do a swaybar for the et don't know much about them or like i did find someone to bend a 23mm bar most engineer mobs well do you one,Adelaide industrial springs,will do one for you they do lowering spring as well and said to be 30% stronger than kings

zoomzoom
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

this is my set my mate

zoomzoom
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

making the usual adjustable versions may be a little tricky because there's not much room for the swinging links, but an adaptation of shanes approach may work best, with changeable bars.

C