N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

is $270 too steep for this ?

General chat related to anything N12.
Vaper

is $270 too steep for this ?

Post by Vaper »

all four of those tiny hoses that go to the injectors on my n12 are stuffed from sitting around too long. So i got quoted to fix it, he reckons he has to take off the throttle body and the upper plenum to fix them. Im thinking of doing it myself (i have a VL throttle body) but i dont wanna screw something up.
leayr

Post by leayr »

hi why not source the parts from this forum and fixing it your self and you will save $$$ but it's up to you cheers leayr
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Do it yourself. It's pretty easy.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

hahahah fuel hose will cost you $4, i have just replaced mine... time doing it maybe few hours taking bits off than putting it back together? pretty easy stuff, however i have no log so its bit easier...

give it a go, ii'd recommended replacing the little fuel line hose clamps wile you do it
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

If you have the AFM and log relocated in front of the turbo it makes it alot easier.
I had my injectors cleaned and flow tested with new hoses and o rings for $100. I did the manual work myself I had the old injectors and fuel rail out and they new one in, bolted and reconnected in less than an hour.
I can think of 270 reasons to do it yourself.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Vaper

Post by Vaper »

i think i might try do it myself. But since i will also be swapping the throttle body what tool would i need to grind the plenum down ?
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

I would can recommend and Dremel, I would strongly recommend you remove the plenum before trying to enlarge the entry to the plenum, this will also make it easier to remove the injectors.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Vaper

Post by Vaper »

I completed the job today, throttle body installed and all. I just grinded the plenum while still on. Took it for a spin and it drove like crap , was sputtering like mad when i touched the accelerator even stalled and wouldnt start then i took a look at it and i have too many adapters on the throttle body side, its leaking air when under even the slightest boost. I knew i would need a new hose but the question is where do i find one.
I went to the exhaust place near me and he wasnt interested, went to repco and supercheap they had stuff all, not even any reducers

The turbo end is 2.1 Inch and the TB end is 2.7 inch the less bends the better obviously. Then there is the problem of bonet clearance.

any suggestions ?
etking

Post by etking »

bonnet clearance??? All you needed was a 2.75"-2" silicon reducer to go on the new throttle body and will connect to the std pipe from the turbo (it MAY need a little chopped off on of the ends thats it
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

yea bonnet clerance with one of the vac lines? its screwed in just rotate it...

and buy a cheap silicon joint of ebay cost ya $15-20... or go to a local hose place?
Vaper

Post by Vaper »

etking wrote:bonnet clearance??? All you needed was a 2.75"-2" silicon reducer to go on the new throttle body and will connect to the std pipe from the turbo (it MAY need a little chopped off on of the ends thats it
tried it and it didnt work because the TB doesnt stick out as much, im about 1.5 inches short even with the reducer (tested with a 2.5-3 one).
etking

Post by etking »

chuck a pic up something isnt right the vl tb isnt that much shorter than std... and that bit sticking up just grind it off it has no air going to it does it?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Vaper

Post by Vaper »

etking wrote:chuck a pic up something isnt right the vl tb isnt that much shorter than std... and that bit sticking up just grind it off it has no air going to it does it?
I was quite suprised @ how much furthar back it sits. I worked it out by getting someone to weld an exta couple inches onto the end of it he also flared it out for me to 2.8. Problem solved. The TB makes a wierd noise when idling but it drives well.