N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

What's going on with my car? Is it a dying fuel pump?

General chat related to anything N12.
TBON12

What's going on with my car? Is it a dying fuel pump?

Post by TBON12 »

Hey all, my car is starting to run sort of rough and I have checked the usual AFM and ECU plugs and was wondering if I am suffering from a dying fuel pump?
Sometimes the car runs well and other times its slower. Today I was travelling up a hill in third with the foot flat to the floor with 10 psi of boost and the car wasn't going faster then 80.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I put a sledge hammer through the motor.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
etking

Post by etking »

boost leak?
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

change the fuel filter
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Checked for boost leaks and found none. Changed the fuel filter and am running injector cleaner.
On Saturday morning its was all go and accelerating like no tomorrow, come Saturday arvo it started with behaving badly.

It feels hesitant to accelerate but idles smoothly, its sluggish on and off boost.

I am going to do valve clearances tomorrow night in case its being picked up by the knock sensor and that is retarding the timing.

Also changing the fuel pressure reg for a spare one too.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
nismoet

Post by nismoet »

does it have a miss or just no trottle response?
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

No throttle response, well not like it should that's for sure, at the moment I can almost be beaten by a N12 Pulsar.

No miss fire from the motor at all which has lead my brother and I to think its a fuel problem.

As we speak I am relocating the FPR to a easy access spot on the firewall.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

does it blow black smoke when its running shit?
Cheers
Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

None that I know of.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
panagiwtis N13

Post by panagiwtis N13 »

if you r running on standard ecu then perform a diagnostic procedure.just an idea m8.you never khow...
i don't care:
if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor.
If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

Found the problems!!!
Injectors were buggered, my spare set aren't in tip top shape but will run some injector cleaner on pay day.
I also have a boost leak from the outlet of my T25 3 bolt flange, it seems one of the threads is stripped - so a good old helicoil shall come to the rescue on pay day also.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree