Mtech
73%
Link
27%

Total votes: 11

dj_djox

ecu comparison

Post by dj_djox »

Just wondering how does the Link ecu compare to the Microtech ecu? just the newest ones on offer as ive been told Link is better so i would like your opinions?

thanks
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

link are great id go link, but depends on where u are and if anyone will support them :)

why not try adaptronics? similar price to mtech yet offers nearly everything motec offer ;)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

haltech e6x

C
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

i guess ill go link i talked to the guys today where i was going to get mtech they do link as well so i think ill go link offers more than mtech from my understanding
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

link :D even my one which is old offers more than i need or could ever want
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

who'd want a Kiwi Link when you can have an aussie Haltech, Motec, Microtech, or wolf?

:lol:
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

yeah but mtech is what most of you guys use and the link is near same price but offers more thats what im looking at
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

u want value for money then forget haltech forget mtech forget motec grab an adaptronic
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

yeah i never considered haltech or motech just mtech n link at the momeny and ill stick with link if the guy ive been talking to builds the engine as he is trusts that link is very good for the money
Shred Industries

Post by Shred Industries »

I am a Link dealer so its pretty obvious what my pick would be lol

I find the PC Link software 10times better and easier to use than mtech plus it is quite hard to get the tune just right with a mtech unless your at idle or WOT which is a real pain in the ass when you want optimal drive ability.

Link also has alot more functions.

For $1350NZ ($1050AUD) there is nothing that can beat a Link G3

The new model is coming out officially at the end of this month, I got sent a pre release and it is bloody brilliant!

It has a few really advanced functions one big one that is shared only with autronic and HKS F-Con, cant say anything more right now but can do a full write up after the end of the month if anyone wants me too.

They will be priced at $1200AUD and I will be making E15ET plug in looms to order for $400AUD
$1600AUD for a plug and play unit with a good base map.

The Haltech is also a very good unit but again slightly more labour intensive to tune due to pain in the ass software.
Shred Industries Performance
4/65 Pharazyn St
Lower Hutt
Wellington
(04) 569 7469
0272 SHRED1
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Its not much of a debate really and to my knowledge, nobody here, apart from perhaps a Kiwi Link dealer, is actually using Link on an E15et.
So i doubt ud get a totally balanced view from him!!!!!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
I have a M8 who is running Link on a supercharged 2 litre Esky. It runs!

Microtechs are popular as they are plentiful and affordable and come pre-configged and almost ready to fly! They are easily adjusted via the handpiece on the fly.
Its prolly why so many dudes go with them, affordability, ease and simplicity.

When you get right into the nuts and bolts of ECU's you find most of them are not that different fundamentally.

Its largely the firmware written for them that makes the difference.

I am now a firm believer in Adaptronic ECUs which come with every feature you could ever need along with FULL TIME adaptive tuning via either wide or narrow band EGO for 1100 odd dollars for everything.

NO other ECU currently employs FULL TIME adaptive tuning.
Autronic and Motech have adaptive tuning controls yes but not full time.
However, Adaptronic come with no preloaded configs and suit the advanced user.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Shred Industries

Post by Shred Industries »

tassuperkart wrote:
NO other ECU currently employs FULL TIME adaptive tuning.
Autronic and Motech have adaptive tuning controls yes but not full time.
However, Adaptronic come with no preloaded configs and suit the advanced user.

L8tr
E
Sounds like a fancy name for closed loop lambda to me :?

How exactly does this work?

Only downside with link on an E15 is the switched on/off tps, you need to fit a SR20 throttle body so you can use a variable 0-5v tps

I sell Links by choice, I have not had better results from an ecu of the same price and results are what we need when tuning 500hp+ GTRs.
The old links (everything before G2) are plain shit, the G3 is brilliant and the G4 is even better

The microtechs are a good unit especially for drag as your only using idle and WOT I have used them many times,new and old and good relsults and numbers are very achievable but lets face it there is only so much polising you can do to a turd.

I am not saying they are no good or no good for E15s but for us dealing with 75% straight out nissan race and drift cars we try to avoid them.
Shred Industries Performance
4/65 Pharazyn St
Lower Hutt
Wellington
(04) 569 7469
0272 SHRED1
boost_truck_racer

Post by boost_truck_racer »

go ems or haltec
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

For those that might just want to increase turbo size and perhaps injectors and get rid of that pain in the arse log, what is the consensus and what sort of dollars are we looking at. I don't want race or drag potential because I don't have the dollars that go along with replacing clutches, gear boxes, cv's and everything else you pyscho's seem to be replacing every other day. I just want a good street driver with balls.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Shred Industries wrote: Sounds like a fancy name for closed loop lambda to me :?
How exactly does this work?
Pretty much that but always on rather than in tuning mode as Motech and Autronic hence the term "Full Time Adaptive"
I cant remember if it rewrites and permanently "saves" the tuning tables or simply applys changes to the tables already loaded in there.
EGO's need to be within taget ranges but this range is about anything that will run, something like about 9 and 16 to one rather than quite close to target ratios required by Autronic and Motech.
It only need to run at all.
There are various levels of learning ability to choose from ranging from quick and nasty to the rediculously slow and accurate and this can be done around narrow or wide band sensors.
However, for accurate on-road tuning, a lot of time and patience is required to get accurate and repeatable results along with a very quiet and long hill!!!!!
Shred Industries wrote:Only downside with link on an E15 is the switched on/off tps, you need to fit a SR20 throttle body so you can use a variable 0-5v tps
Well theres lots of different resistive TPS's that will adapt to the almost ubiquitous 8mm flatted shaft that can be adapted to fit, both rotary type and linear as in a 13b turbo rotor type. Ive even seen guys employing pots bought from Jaycar/DickSmith and bracketed on and getting remarkable results.
There are legions of cars with resistive pot type TPS's M8.

Shred Industries wrote:The microtechs are a good unit especially for drag as your only using idle and WOT I have used them many times,new and old and good relsults and numbers are very achievable but lets face it there is only so much polising you can do to a turd.
The i can tell you then that i have some very shiny turds indeed.

With a little time and patience anything can be tuned to run well enough on anything including in between idle and flat out.
I use an Mt-8 on an FJ20 and id challenge anybody to pick it has cheaper aftermarket efi.
OK, so older Microtechs are a little short on load points but with patience, that can be gotten around. Even with foolishly large injectors some clowns insist on fitting.
In a commercial sense it might be a stretch tho! Time is money.
you know where Im com ing from here M8.
My Pooser uses an old EMS Ti-3, batch fired with a bloody stupid dissy handling the spark duties which is soooooo 15 years ago and I guarantee you cannot pick its a 10 plus year old clanger of an ecu with no TPS fitted at all apart from the fact that when its around or below freezing outside in winter it often wont start and run dead smoothly with no touch of the throttle on the first turn of the key for wifey. Usually the second..... and sometimes the third...................mah!
However, i have unlimited time and opportunities to set it up from cold dont I!! I never give up.
I dont get mad, I get even.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.