N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Adjustable rear springs

General chat related to anything N12.
TBON12

Adjustable rear springs

Post by TBON12 »

Hey all
Was surfing the net in my usual random manner and I found this set up on what I think is a Mazda 6, thought it would be worth putting it up here to sprout a few ideas into peoples heads

Something like this could work very well, and shouldn't be too hard to set up either.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

yes yes, already got this on the things to do list. Nice spot though

C
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

its looks very easy to do.
I was looking at the suspension this afternoon when I was test fitting my new Jelly bean mags. From what I could suss out is remove both bump stops and have one inserted / bolt into the adjusting spring mount. Actually having the bump stop bolted into the height adjusting part would mean you could secure it all in place too.
[center]
1 year on since the Exa Turbo and now I am driving a modded Daihatsu Cuore with 1 less cylinder but 4 more valves!
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

any idea the cost of these bad boys... looks sweet my add my long list to
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

No idea, it's only a pipeline dream at the moment, I might try and find someone who could make something like this though
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Theres two main issues with this set up. THe first is ensueing the spring stays trapped. If it doesn't then you could end up with the spring on the road! Entrappement can be done with a variable rate spring or a helper. the helpers aren't good if there's no strut. This leaves the variable, which I don't think are commonly available in 60mm competitiob springs.

The other issue for us is the pulsar would need to have it installed with the adjuster on the swing arm. But on the body side our spring sits round a short cylinder witha closed end that the bump stop strikes. This could also stop us using 60mm springs.

C
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

This thread comes up every 2 months, and the same idea comes up, and no one does it. hahaha
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

I know, my plan is to give it a crack when I do the rear arms with the toe adjust, disc brakes and hopefully coil platforms...one day.....

C
boost_truck_racer

Post by boost_truck_racer »

the issue with dreams is that they take money to convert to reality

to do this would cost around 200-300 in parts

brendan
TBON12

Post by TBON12 »

it doesn't sound so bad when you break the idea down into parts.

Industrial Springs charge about $230 a pair for custom springs - any size, and spring rate.
And in regards to springs Cal there is no reason the springs couldn't start at 90mm inside diameter and finish at 60mm inside diameter to suit adjustment platforms.
[center]
[/center]

Dale Jeffree
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

boost_truck_racer wrote:the issue with dreams is that they take money to convert to reality

to do this would cost around 200-300 in parts

brendan

I agree - but I can't see why people would spend the money on the fronts and not the rear. You can't corner weight or balance a vehicle on just the fronts.....and it's got to be better than buying a few sets of custom springs for each hieght requirement.

C
etking

Post by etking »

im in for a set for whoever makes them =D
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

^^ me too! i want a bolt-on set ;)
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

id be keen too... just need someone to make em now...
Shred Industries

Post by Shred Industries »

Hey guys

Check out my thread, I have a custom coilover/suspesion setup in my N12.Its nothing flash,just thrown together in a day but VERY effective!
Will be making a prototype adjustable setup for the rear and will start producing them once I have something I am happy with

Timeline on the prototype completion will depend on amount of interest I get.

Any NZ guys are more than welcome to contact me as I will be looking at moving a few sets at discounted price just to get a bit of feedback to help with the R&D process.

Aaron
Shred Industries Performance
4/65 Pharazyn St
Lower Hutt
Wellington
(04) 569 7469
0272 SHRED1