N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ET Front Flare Production *Updated 20.10.07*

General chat related to anything N12.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

photoglossy wrote:As you can see it has been sharpened up alot to fit the angular styling of the pulsar. It also has a flat lip around the wheel arch in line with standard styling. its all the little things that are going to make it that much nicer.
Sweeet... nice job there indeed, fellers.
angel

Post by angel »

agecage wrote:Once the panel beater has had his way with it. It will be primed up and sprayed black so u can see clearly the quality of it.
spray it another colour, cause black wont show all the lines and details. Maybe a white or something like that.
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
velardejose

Post by velardejose »

Nope
Dark colours show every surface imperfection...
Peace
Turbo carbed e16 stock CR toyota ct20 turbo stock HG @10 psi
etking

Post by etking »

so one question ... will the jetspeed front bolt onto these? aka exact dimensions of the std guard?

damn it looks sweet cant wait to see it painted on the car :D
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

etking wrote:so one question ... will the jetspeed front bolt onto these? aka exact dimensions of the std guard?

damn it looks sweet cant wait to see it painted on the car :D
nah they're wider guards :lol:

just shave the inside edge of the jetspeed bar that meets the guard. i reckon it will be manageable, but yeah it will require work for sure
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I is doable, but not bolt up. I dont know about fixing points on the jetspeed bar but as said above it will probably need to be cut ever so slightly... nothing major.

The guards have the indent for the standard shape bumper, so if the JS bar incorporates that somehow then it should look good as.

The stock ET front lip SHOULD bolt up without any modification, that is how it has been designed but we are still yet to try.
etking

Post by etking »

awesome will im so in for set :D get the final product up :D
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Bolted them on the car todat but unfortunatly iys still quite hard to see its shape in the sunlight

angel

Post by angel »

looks pretty good mate.

deffinately needs painting to show the true nature of the guard. I may interested in a set when its finally finished
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
BenTAxeL

Post by BenTAxeL »

hows the progress going guys???? looks good so far
www.sinit.com.au
If you haven't seen it, You ain't SiNiT
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I reckon it definitely needs a fair bit of work where it meets the indicator and bumper...

agecage

Post by agecage »

Kimmo whys that i dnt see anything wrong with it???
N12 Exa turbo
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

i dont rekon he likes the Chargespeed look of the chunky surround thats all. it shouldnt blend in its the way it should be.

or maybe he would prefer it further up the guard dunno
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
agecage

Post by agecage »

Kimmo i know your trying 2 be help full. But u dnt even have a pulsar et. Doing it anyother way and making look good is extremly hard. And i think your just speaking your own opinion. Neva had any1 else say they dnt lyk it. And i think it makes it look aggressive.
N12 Exa turbo
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

I don't have a GF either ATM, but does that mean I don't know what sexy is?
What I'm suggesting is that bit in red really detracts from all the hard work done integrating the bulge; I reckon it stands out like dog's balls.

That little protrusion of the indicator gives you somewhere to tie the lines into; I reckon if the corners marked by the orange lines followed the green lines, and was flush with the indicator and bumper, that'd make it look fucking shmick. But I guess the sheetmetal under all the bog must have dictated the situation to a large extent; it's prolly not possible...

At the very least, the corner marked in black should be radiused somewhat, but that wouldn't be much of an improvement, IMO.

But then, I'm totally not into the ricer look; I like my shit to look as if it could have come out of the factory like that.