N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

E15Et converted to Carb

General chat related to anything N12.
nissanman

E15Et converted to Carb

Post by nissanman »

Hi guys, i'm a new member here..... I am a Filipino and hope that you will help me restore my car....

I recently got an 83 pulsar LHD..... It was submerged in flood waters... it has been 3 months now since it was flooded and this is just the first time that I am fixing her up... rusts are starting to eat the Chassis..... the car isn't running yet....

This is my problem....the car was a turbo EFI that was converted to a carb..... I am the third owner of the car..... the second owner got the car already converted and they do not know what modification was done by the first owner...

what should I check/fix?

I already cleaned the statrer motor, alternator, carburetor, fuel pump, distributor and gas tank....

When i checked my ignition system, its only showing spark plug 1 that has a spark...

the engine will crank but it won't start.....

I also want to restore the engine to an original factory E15et but I'm not sure where to get them locally..... most of the engines available here in the Philippines are SR20ve, de, DET etc....

please help me........

Here are the pics of my car

Stock car, modified imagination......
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Well M8, you have a big task.
Was the car drowned in fresh water or salt?
If it was saltwater, put simply your car is fucked. It will sooner or later rust to death. Id consider not bothering with it.
Fresh water is not so bad. A complete stripout, clean out and rebuild should result in a reasonable car.

Now, the EFI engine loom should still be there tucked away unless your unlucky that some goose simply cut it off near the firewall.

If its still there then you have a start, if not, youll need to decide whether to extract the remains of the old loom and patch in a replacement or splice onto the ends of the cut loom.
My advice would be to replace the loom. Its not hard and only a handful of wires go elsewhere than the engine in that loom.
Its been disconnected for quite some time and its been under water, its likely that the terminals could be corroded and you might have endless trouble with dodgey connections.
hard to say. It might be fine.

You will need to find all the parts necessary to get the turbo/efi system up and running which starts with the inlet manifold assembly, airflow meter, EFI computer, turbo pipes, rubber joints, turbo and turbo manifold and a complete E15et distributer and dissie cap.
You can find all your fasteners clamps, throttle cable and other bits and bobs locally.

Bolt it all up and hit the key! Vroom!!!!

It sounds like a huge task but the fitting up of the parts is not really that hard, just time consuming and fiddly thats all but sourcing all your parts is going to be a bitch if you cant easily find them up there.

They wont be worth much but postage might be pretty steep if you have to get all your stuff from over here in Aus.

Post an ad in the wanted section. The parts you need are regularly thrown into the rubbish bin over here.

Good luck and keep up posted.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Thanks for your quick response mate :D ...

The car was submerged in a fresh muddy water... not salt water...

I am still in the process of cleaning the whole car and stripping the cars paint...

Muds are everywhere in the car...

My priority right now is the chassis, I need to fix it ASAP or the rust will just eat every inch of the car...lol

Can you advise me the steps I should take to remove the rusts and fix the chassis?

Thanks......
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Apparently the trick to getting body deadener off is dry ice and a chisel or something... you'd prolly need to take it all off to be sure no rust has started underneath, since it sometimes cracks...

Then I'd say use a good wire brush on an angle grinder, and if the surface is more than just pitted you might need to weld in some reinforcement here and there...

Killrust (or something similar) primer is prolly a good move.

Getting the shell in order is going to be quite a job.
japcrap

Post by japcrap »

hey dude what part of Manila u from? ive got an uncle there that might be able to help u??? Hes has 3 autoshops there and maybe he can give u a good advice and service.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Thanks Kimmo I'll follow your advise....

Japcrap: I'm in east side of Metro Manila... where's your unlce shops located.... I know some good automotive shops here...
boosted

Re: E15Et converted to Carb

Post by boosted »

hey man,

is there evidence that this is still the turbo engine with just N/A-parts on it
(i wonder how much agility and hp there are lost due to lower compression)?

couldn't it be, that there has just been a e15s-engine swaped in?

greets
nissanman

Re: E15Et converted to Carb

Post by nissanman »

boosted wrote:hey man,

is there evidence that this is still the turbo engine with just N/A-parts on it
(i wonder how much agility and hp there are lost due to lower compression)?

couldn't it be, that there has just been a e15s-engine swaped in?

greets
It's a possibility... but the intake manifold looks different from the stock e15s.... and the carb is from toyota.... 4k carburetor......

I can also see wires sticking out from the engine, I think that was sensors that was disconnected from the harness....

But just to make sure, how would I know if I got the original E15Et engine?What to check/look for?
S.Breezy

Post by S.Breezy »

yepp you have got a lot of work , ive never seen a exa in the philippines when i was over there you might be the first.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

look for M15 stamped on the head and a plugged up oil feed and return on the block.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

S.Breezy wrote:yepp you have got a lot of work , ive never seen a exa in the philippines when i was over there you might be the first.
This car is very rare in here... actually, there are two exa's here....one is mine and the other one I saw, a black EXA zooming around.... though I'm not sure if it's still running the original 15et engine...

I wish that I successfully restore my car to it's real beaut.... this car will rock our streets and surely be a head turner....

any advises or technical help is well appreciated..... Thanks guys...
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Ash wrote:look for M15 stamped on the head and a plugged up oil feed and return on the block.
Sorry nnob... where is it located?
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Okay.... Thanks mate... I'll check it....
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Ash your engine bay is surgically clean....I like!!! :D
Ash wrote:Image