N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Oxygen sensor wiring

General chat related to anything N12.
txateu

Oxygen sensor wiring

Post by txateu »

Hey guys I'm trying to find out where the oxygen sensor wires up to in the loom? My oxy sensor has the wires ripped out and I can't find what it wires up to...

And a place to buy a cheap new sensor in melb for it would be good too...

any help would be good
cheers Michael,
the red kabab

Post by the red kabab »

ya dont need it so dont worry about it
The winner isn't the one with the fastest car .... it's the one who refuses to lose
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

ah you do need it cause factory ET comp's are closed loop, hence the sensor is actually there.. it needs the results of whats comin out the fart tube otherwise it just goes off what it thinks should b right, when the car was mapped, when it was brand new, and every piece of it was perfect...

wire it in dude, or you might find yourself blowing smoke and chewing the fuel, or even worse, have your donk's internals blow up due to running lean mixtures....
the red kabab

Post by the red kabab »

i have never run the sensor at dump pipe ohhhhhh what sorry guys mine is leaded ................
The winner isn't the one with the fastest car .... it's the one who refuses to lose
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

if there are 2 sensors there 1 is Oxygen and teh other is a temp switch. If you have 1 then you dont have a Oxygen sensor. If its a leaded model(low mount) it will only have 1
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
HankScorpio

Post by HankScorpio »

It is best to have the O2 sensor, you can live without the temp sensor easily enough.

The theory of the O2 is the trim your A/F (air fuel ratio) on light throttle cruise such as 60km's in 4/5th or at 100 kph in 5th.

This will give optimum fuel efficiency for your engine hence why alot of people get 4-500 kms from a tank of fuel.

Closed loop A/F trimming is non functional during heavy load conditions and will not cause your engine to go bang if you do not have it.

Unless the retro 80's engineers were snorting copious amounts of cocaine whilst designing the clever 8 bit ECU.....
Hank Scorpio wrote:Back to the hammocks, my friend. You know, there's a little place called Mary Ann's Hammocks. The nice thing about that place is Mary Ann gets in the hammock with you.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Hmm, so I could improve fuel economy a bit by fitting an unleaded ECU and O2 sensor...

And still not have the restriction of the cat; best of both worlds : )
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

HankScorpio wrote:It is best to have the O2 sensor, you can live without the temp sensor easily enough.

The theory of the O2 is the trim your A/F (air fuel ratio) on light throttle cruise such as 60km's in 4/5th or at 100 kph in 5th.

This will give optimum fuel efficiency for your engine hence why alot of people get 4-500 kms from a tank of fuel.

Closed loop A/F trimming is non functional during heavy load conditions and will not cause your engine to go bang if you do not have it.

Unless the retro 80's engineers were snorting copious amounts of cocaine whilst designing the clever 8 bit ECU.....
Yes its amusing to see peoples claims about how important it is....lol lots of faith for a basically Dumb ECU, I mean come on how smart do people think this ecu can be lol Its not like it will self learn and runs a wideband sensor like you said it 'Trims' nothing more. Hold it flat Fuel economy is for girls
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
txateu

Post by txateu »

well I've looked at my wiring loom and can't find where it wires in but the cars an '83 model so may not have one?

where does it wire into?

By temp sensor do you mean water temp sensor?

I called nissan and they dont stock them anymore
cheers Michael,
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

83 model is NOT an o2 sensor there ya go ;) temp switch cut the wiring lol it turns one of the fans on(which I think the 83 exa doesnt have unlessit has Aircon. if you wanna rewire it it goes to a black box on the firewall ;)
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Panda_ET wrote:Fuel economy is for girls
Pff.

Is using your brain for girls too?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

OOh that was an AWESOME comeback give me some time to come up with something please. Who buys an 80's factory turbo car for Fuel economy?? obviously someone without a clue.
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
txateu

Post by txateu »

lol I haven't spotted a black box and I never had aircon...

So basically your saying that I dont have/need an oxygen sensor?

Damn I was hoping that this would stop my car running like crap cause the car just wont rev when it drives .... arghh
cheers Michael,
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Panda_ET wrote:OOh that was an AWESOME comeback give me some time to come up with something please. Who buys an 80's factory turbo car for Fuel economy?? obviously someone without a clue.
Sure, smartarse.

Show me a 90s or 00s car that weighs less than 1000kg, costs fuck-all, and goes like stink.

Did I buy my Exa for fuel economy? No. Do I enjoy the fuel economy? Yes. What's an O2 sensor and an ECU cost? Jack shit. Hard to install? Not.

Why be a cockhead for? Want me to point it out to everyone or something?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

I can tell you an 83 is a low mount 'Leaded' model so no it has no oxygen sensor mounted form factory.

The not revving could verywell be just your wiring or a dodgy CAS. Get a passenger (or if your keen do it yourself rofl) wiggle the wires while its trying to hump you out of the car and see if it starts cracking ;) thatsone of the most common issues. If you can find a spare Dizzy you could try one of those the crank angle sensor in there can cause issues like that as well..then one day nothing car wont run lol thats just 2 options for that issue.

I never quoted or mentioned you till you had a crack at me so shush and back in your box. Don't make it all about yourself your not special. Point out that Im an asshole cockhead whatever you want Im a big boy I can handle your slow witted comments. Evan has called me worse to my face thnk Im goin to bother about an E warrior like yourself
Last edited by Panda_ET on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com