N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

OFF TOPIC FOR SALE SECTION IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Android 360

OFF TOPIC FOR SALE SECTION IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!

Post by Android 360 »

5. This is not a Classifieds section - Posting forsale threads in this section is not allowed. Please make your thread in the provided sections.
there is no section for off topic classifieds!!!
make one or get rid of this rule! it makes no sense!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

OMFG go start your own forum
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i am with Android on this 1! i was actually going to make this same topic yesterday but couldn't be stuffed! LOL

we just need a Forsale Miscellaneous in the classifieds section.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

yep...

i got grilled for putting off topic fs in parts fs a couple of months back and got told to put it in off topic instead.

yesterday i put an off topic fs thread in the off topic forum like i was told to last time and i got grilled again.

doesn't make sense.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

cause its called ebay...
next we'll have stolen goods, people runnin off with money never sending stuff. seriously it will attract scammers. i mean with the small amount of members you would have better luck selling miscellaneous stuff elsewhere anyway
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

BennyET wrote:cause its called ebay...
next we'll have stolen goods, people runnin off with money never sending stuff. seriously it will attract scammers. i mean with the small amount of members you would have better luck selling miscellaneous stuff elsewhere anyway
so there's no stolen car parts out there? there's always that risk online with anything! Trader rating is there to help people make an informed decision on whether or not to trust a seller.

if it was someone trying to sell phones etc then yeah sure scammers galore, but if its just a few bits and pieces i have lying around that someone may be able to put to better use then whats the harm?

All i ask for is a dedicated forum, it literally takes 2 minutes to set up, it will keep these things out of the main forums & if people want to look they can look, if they don't want to then they don't need to click.
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

I agree from the point of view that if someone has some stuff that they dont use and want to sell to some one that can use it, it will keep the forum alive.

How so you ask?

Well I would think that a lot of people here need to sell things to get cash to put into their N12TURBO car.

Eg. if i have a computer for sale that I dont use and need $100 for some ET parts, I would suggest that this situation could be good for the forum as more peeps will be spending coin on their cars which increases the volume of parts sold in the on topic section and creates more traffic on the forum.

the end
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Ok well i was just about to write a reply to androids lovely PM to me but i will post it up here. so everyone can see....

That rule makes PERFECT sence.

Do not post for sale threads of ANY kind under offtopic, because offtopic is not a classifieds? thats easy right.

ok well i have this computer i want to sell, where can i put it, theres no section to put it??

No where. Theres no section for a reason. We do not want computers and furniture and random stuff like that in the for sale section.

Why? because its a car forum

but *insert forum here* has a section and they are a car forum too

Well go sell it at that forum then? how hard is it to seriously under stand that.
Theres 99999999 forums on the internet, and there is a website called EBAY, and users of this forum still complain that they cannot post up their crap which is not related to the topic of this very forum??????

If you (and by you im talking about everyone) want to pay for hosting, design a website and administrate the forum, Just so you can post up your stuff for sale... Go for it.

Goto any properly run forum and you will see rules...
Just like we do, and thats how it is
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Android 360 wrote:
BennyET wrote:cause its called ebay...
so there's no stolen car parts out there? there's always that risk online with anything! Trader rating is there to help people make an informed decision on whether or not to trust a seller.

if it was someone trying to sell phones etc then yeah sure scammers galore, but if its just a few bits and pieces i have lying around that someone may be able to put to better use then whats the harm?

All i ask for is a dedicated forum, it literally takes 2 minutes to set up, it will keep these things out of the main forums & if people want to look they can look, if they don't want to then they don't need to click.
you sound like my lil bro, excuse/reason for anything.
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

Benny i was just thinking the same thing, but about my nephew.

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

shanec86 wrote:Ok well i was just about to write a reply to androids lovely PM to me but i will post it up here. so everyone can see....

That rule makes PERFECT sence.

Do not post for sale threads of ANY kind under offtopic, because offtopic is not a classifieds? thats easy right.

ok well i have this computer i want to sell, where can i put it, theres no section to put it??

No where. Theres no section for a reason. We do not want computers and furniture and random stuff like that in the for sale section.

Why? because its a car forum

but *insert forum here* has a section and they are a car forum too

Well go sell it at that forum then? how hard is it to seriously under stand that.
Theres 99999999 forums on the internet, and there is a website called EBAY, and users of this forum still complain that they cannot post up their crap which is not related to the topic of this very forum??????

If you (and by you im talking about everyone) want to pay for hosting, design a website and administrate the forum, Just so you can post up your stuff for sale... Go for it.

Goto any properly run forum and you will see rules...
Just like we do, and thats how it is
so why was i told a couple of months back when i was trying to sell my ps2 that i had to put it in off topic?

pointless rules.... you bored or something?
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

please show me the message which told you to put it in offtopic.

Yeah im bored as, i wish i had somthing better to do with my time
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

shanec86 wrote:please show me the message which told you to put it in offtopic.

Yeah im bored as, i wish i had somthing better to do with my time
surprised you don't remember it.
pms are well gone because of the pathetic storage space, but the thread is alive and well......

http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

now please either make a new forum, restore my thread or delete all the other for sale threads in offtopic so it doesnt look like you're just picking on me...
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

well i have an idea, dont post here anymore.
sound good?? all you seem to do lately is bag the forum and everyone else who shows there opinion.
I think you should take your hairdressers car else where.

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

i dont see any ps2 stuff for sale there android, prob becuase you were told not to sell it. looks like you had somthing to say in there too.

Please go do something constructive instead of wasting my time. Clearly your not the only one here who posts up wrong threads/or threads that need to be moved, because what good would be having administrators if everything ran perfectly on its own?

It looks like im picking on your because your the only one who wants to publicly complain everytime.

Now i dont want other people to think that from this thread we as administrators dont listen to our members as to any improvments or recommendations. But this has been bought up in the past (probably by android every time) and we have dissagreed to make a specific forum.