N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Car carrier for ET

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Andy J

Car carrier for ET

Post by Andy J »

Hi All

I am looking to buy an ET for parts from Queensland, does anyone know a of a company that can pick up in Queensland and transport down and what sort of price they charge I have asked three companies and due to the car being no going they want to charge me $1200 from Queensland to sydney and get this $1800 from Tas to Sydney, about 4 times what ther car is worth!!!!

Any help would be great.

Andrew :idea:
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Always makes life difficult when the car is not driveable. There is pretty much no cheap way. Sure you cant make it at least be able to be started?
Otherwise, thats about what its going to cost.

I think you have already answered ur own question there M8.

Tassie freight is primarily made up of the straight crossing.
It cost me 1100 just to have a boat sent across from Melb to Burnie.

Only thing I can reccomend is to grab a trailer and go get it yourself.
Prolly looking around 500 to do that.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
leayr

Post by leayr »

hi we may be able to do it if we heading that way ill check today and see cheers leayr
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Please be careful dude, quite often what they don't tell you is that they won't take a car that has any loose parts inside.
Even if there's a rocker cover in a bag tied down in the boot they may refuse to take it and you can guarantee that your deposit won't be refunded.

I bought a parts car interstate once and ended up getting someone down south to part it out for me in exchange for some parts off of it. made my money back but i was lucky.

In all honesty, I'd wait to find one close to where you live, ETs are a dime a dozen dude, you'll find another one! :)
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Yep, exactly what he said M8.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
leayr

Post by leayr »

hi andy j sorry just checked and have nothing going that way for awhile and i wouldn't recommend any other company as there price would be not worth it if we had a load that way and had the dog trailer u would be looking probably around $300-400 we transport cars bike and furniture interstate all the time and there are alot of dodgy company that bull shit u to get the job and then u will be stuck were u started good luck with it tho cheers leayr