N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

What The?

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Ryan ET

What The?

Post by Ryan ET »

Ok, so this afternoon I put an add up for my corolla that I'm selling. I then received a pm saying that the general off topic section is not a for sale section and it cant go in the n12 for sale section so it has been taken down.

Why can people sell Playstation gear and sr20 motors but I cant sell a corolla?

even when a good chunk of the cash from the sale will go towards my n12 of which I have put up and had on here for ages...

E, can you shed some light on this for me?

I would think that "Off Topic" and "general" would mean that we can post anything there so long as its not illegal or super offensive.

Underneath "General & Off Topic" it says "ANYTHING and EVERYTHING thats NOT n12 related"

it does not say "Anything and everything that's not n12 related except corollas that are for sale"

There are no rules or regulations listed for this section that say, I cant sell a corolla in there.

Can I please put my add back up?
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

sounds like you have a strong case lol, wait and see what the mods have to say i guess
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Sell an N12 valve cap and through in a free Corrolla.

C
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Im not angry at them, just seems heaps unfair. Im not taking the piss, i just want to sell an object in a non specific, non regulated, open forum where other people do the same thing...

I havent just put the ad back up, i have asked the question and im trying to be respectful and do things the right way. I could have been a cock and put it in the wrong section but i didnt, i chose the general section.

*scratches head*
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Ryan, just like i replied with my PM.

I lock and/or delete any thread like your original for sale ad.

The rules have been the same since 2006

For Sale Cars - is for N12 related threads only
Why?, because its N12turbo.com
You want to sell a commodore, use a holden forum or carsales.com
For Sale Parts - is for relevant car parts only
Why?, because its a car related forum
You want to sell your playstation, go on ebay

Look to be honest i dont care if someone advertised a playstation within a big ad of all other car parts, but its not the place for putting up single item ads like that.

Off-topic - Is just that, a discussion thread for stuff that doesnt fit into general tech on n12 related cars. I dont know of any other forum im a member of that allows you to put classified ads into the off-topic section.

By all means, if you want to report other posts you see, PM me or one of the other Mods, i dont have the time to sit here and go through 100's of posts and threads a day. There may be some things i miss.

Shane.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

Ryan, I don't understand it either eh...

need a 'non n12 related FS' forum
it would solve all problems...
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

shanec86 wrote:i dont have the time to sit here and go through 100's of posts and threads a day.

:lol: sorry but 100's of posts and threads a day? on this little forum? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah ok, i had my little chuckle back on with the show.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

...i am also the admin of a different forum 8)

and i also meant by that sifting through the spam/bot signups
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

shanec86 wrote:...i am also the admin of a different forum 8)

and i also meant by that sifting through the spam/bot signups

ah K, that makes a heap more sense!

no disrespect intended at all Shane. :wink:
Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

I refuse to dob other people in for selling shit in here, just think its unfair and that you are being over controlling by not letting me post my ad, but thats cool, ill make sure i advertise it elsewhere and keep I'll in mind that I cant just put anything in the general non n12 related part of the forum.

I will make sure I only post general stuff that is more specific to not being a corolla for sale.