N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Wiring.............

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Wiring.............

Post by tassuperkart »

Ive just spent another 4 straight hours working on wiring up the Adaptronic EFI into the navara V6 ute.

This is on top of the 6 hours i put in last weekend and im not even close to powering it all up...............................

There are 50 odd leads from the ECU (Ive connected about 20 of them so far) and god only knows how many terminations and splices into the car looms along the way to provide switched power, sensor sends, power relays and assorted grounds around the various areas of the system.

I predict another solid 6 hours before Im ready to even just put test power to the system and idiot check it.
Let alone calibrate the temp senders and MAP sensor and load a running config map into the frikken thing................................arrrrrgh!
I just thought Id share that with you all.........................

Fuckengawdfuckenruckenfuckfukcuntingbuggerisationslutterfuckenarsewipeclusterfuckenballbagbumjubearsenfucken thing...............

Seems to be no end to this mothercunterfucker of a job................arrrgh!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

that is some first class swearing E, im impressed!! :D :D :D :D :D
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
baz

Post by baz »

Take the car to pimpin kustoms..They will wire it all up for you quick smart
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Sure Baz, so long as you dont mind PAYING THEM TO DO IT!
Lets see, for a pro, around 10 to 12 straight hours @ 65/hr.....yer sounds like a plan!
THEN they have to commision it, load a config file, make it run and then tune it.
Prolly as much again.

PLUS, I want it done right, the FIRST time!!!!

Ahhhhhm.. I reckon Ill soldier on dont you?

BLUE ET... LMAO!!!!!

L8tr
E
SashET

Post by SashET »

Fuk E, that sounds like a fuk load of wiring....

Why does this ECU require 50+ connections???

For 50+ connections, you should be able to fly the fucking thing...... not drive it.

Hang in there tho, sounds like your doing it the right way!!!

Cheers
Sash
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hi Sase
LMAO Yer its got a fair few options enabled and everyone of them requires wiring.
8 aux's outs and Im using 7 of them
12 digital IP's and Im using at least 8 of them for various ECU functions.
And thats +ive and -ive side wiring for each as well so pretty much double it!

Apart from the usual injectors, ignition and map and temp sensors.
Add idle stepper motor x 5

Not to mention all the aux power leads I have to loom up along with a fused relay to provide power and signal for EGO, traction control hall effect senders (x 2), CAS power plus power for the PS pressure switch (+ive switched) water cooler pump and fan, engine fan, AC fan and so-on.

Fan relays x 2

The list seems to be endless. Not to mention the gaggle of jointing for the loom connector blocks/plugs Im fitting for the injector, tps and Idle stepper motor harnesses so all thats doubled as well.

Hahaha yer it should sing "God Save The Queen" and glow bright red when everything is running!

Fun and games eh? Id take a pix but the wifey has the digicam away atm.

L8tr
E
baz

Post by baz »

tassuperkart wrote:Sure Baz, so long as you dont mind PAYING THEM TO DO IT!
Lets see, for a pro, around 10 to 12 straight hours @ 65/hr.....yer sounds like a plan!
THEN they have to commision it, load a config file, make it run and then tune it.
Prolly as much again.

PLUS, I want it done right, the FIRST time!!!!

Ahhhhhm.. I reckon Ill soldier on dont you?

BLUE ET... LMAO!!!!!

L8tr
E
They charged ben hine like $270 or something to wire in the microtech on his ET..You have no idea what their work is like so don't be so quick to judge, Might take half the time what you estimated for them to do it, Have a little faith rather than criticize all the time
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

baz

Post by baz »

Not flaming u or anything, Just thought i'de bring it up, No need to be a smart ass lol, you old people are set it your ways :p hehe

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

baz wrote: They charged ben hine like $270 or something to wire in the microtech on his ET..You have no idea what their work is like so don't be so quick to judge, Might take half the time what you estimated for them to do it, Have a little faith rather than criticize all the time
well excuse me here but who exaxctly is the smartarse here?
Yer, well for your information Mr smartarse, why dont you truck on down here and have a look for yourself at the magnitude of this job.
You might then not be so quick to gob off about how wonderful some car reparer is and how cheap they did a job on something not even on the same page in terms of complexity yer?

Furthermore, Im not interested in their work. I know exactly how they will do the job and how long it takes and since I once WAS a working mechanic,
I know how much a job like mine will cost.
Not only that, I have installed 3 x Microtechs and an EMS system.

Wiring in something as simple as a Microtech can be done on a Saturday afternoon if your switched on and done it before which is exactly WHY they are so cheap to install. Literally "plug and play"
I fitted an Lt-12 to my M8's rotor turbo in about 5 hours.
I fitted the EMS Ti-3 system to wifes car in about 3 hours.

Is EVERY joint they did individually soldered and backed up with heatshrink?? No Ill bet my arse they used quick crimps (which is fine by the way, I just went the extra 300 miles in my V6 setup, my choice).

Did they install 2 x 8 way multi-pin connector blocks each requiring 16 individual solder joints each just for the engine sub-harness?

Did they install traction control requiring 2 separte Hall Effect sensors with their own power supplies?

4 wire ego with its own power supply?

Did they have to wire in 3 fans each requiring a separate power relay and individual fused power supplies?

An electric water pump?

Did they re-make an alternator harness?

Did they find and trace both AC wiring and P/steer wiring to interface into the EFI computer inputs for idle control?

Then, did they have to individually calibrate the 2 temp senders AND the MAP sensor?

I think I can safely say no to all of the above.

That is precisely why they did a "like 270 or something" job.

So how about educating yourself first as to whats actually involved in a job of this magnitude a bit before before YOU begin trapping off about shit you know bugger all about and casting aspersions on the relative age of people eh?
I do thing electrically in certain ways thats for sure. And that precisely why my cars start straight up and continue to run over the years.
You have some problem with that????

L8tr
E
SashET

Post by SashET »

E helped me install my MT8 OVER PM's..... Not face to face!

Guess you can make that 4 Microtech's then E.

Truck load of pm's but I got it installed and running perfectly in the end.

E for president!

Cheers
Sash
ETONE

Post by ETONE »

yeah cop that baz :) :)

Campbell
Remember, nothings ever BOLT ON.
baz

Post by baz »

lolz, Ill have to run and grab the box of tissues for u pops :P ..Seriously tho..Stop with the bullshit for a minute, I was just saying what another option was and you have a bitch, step back, take a deep one and just relax mate

Ryan ET

Post by Ryan ET »

Great thread! many lol's. Thanks E!
1984 N12 PULSAR ET - T25G HIGH MOUNT, MICROTECH MT8, EGI ILET MANIFOLD, 300x600x80 COOLER, STANDARD THROTTLE BODY!!!!, BES TURBO TIMER, AUTOMETER BOOST GUAGE.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nah you can shove it right up your arse Baz.

You sit there like Lord fucken Muck accusing me of dissing some mechanical joint when in fact I clearly stated i wanted the job done in a certain way so ill keep doing it myself and then you start on me being some old fucker and stuck in my ways or whatever and "stop with the bullshit for a minute" and you expect me to "step back and take a deep one"???????????

Your fucking kidding right????

Im AM an old fucker and I AM stuck in certain ways because those certain ways have served me real fucken well for a long time and those ways have also served and helped others for a long time as well which I am happy to share.......including you.
Those way took a long time to get where they are and if my hard yards and lessons learnt from my own fuckups can help somebody else out then sobeit.

So how about you get down of your high and mighty fucking mountain temple in your head and come back to reality with the rest of us dickheads and plebs and keep your trap shut until someone actually wants/asks something from you eh?

If I wanted some other cunt to wire my car i would have asked.
All I wanted to share was the pita of it all...................

You want to keep it going?? Im only just clearing my throat at this minute M8.
Lets dance then eh?

L8tr
E
baz

Post by baz »

I would very much so love to dance, ..I'm not actually in my temple at this present time but there is no need to have a cry about it, Be civil n shit lol..all i was doing is giving my thoughts and you have a bitch about it..You can continue going if you like?