N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

It's good to be back!

Anything and everything thats not N12 related.
Damo

It's good to be back!

Post by Damo »

[message for the old farts from the original forum]

Hey Glen, E, Dave, (is T still around?)
I'm finaly back online, so you will now be able to bask in my old school whit on a regular basis.

I was given a brillinat book reicently called "Forced Induction Performance Tuning" by Graham Bell. Apparently he must have retired from making phones (because that must have been boring as!) to concentrate on something a little more exciting.
Anyway, so far its a fantastic insight into some of the secrets on what I though would be 'Not for public info' on 80's F1, Top fuel, rally and other engine specifications, such as boost, fuel, cam timing, ect ect. I'll keep you posted if I read something outstanding.

BTW, had the little blue rice rocket on the rollers yeasterday and it spat out 144 on 16psi and 175 on 23ish. Past that boost it didn't seem to do much else, the turbo must be well and truly off the 'Island'. I ran out of time so we didn't even touch ignition timing. Apparently it didn't ping once throughout the runs it did. So with a bit of timing I would hope for another 10-15 (fingers crossed).
It span up 155 in the past on 23psi.
I spins both tyres quite easily now coming onto boost in 3rd, where before it would only get one turning.

Anywho, back again!
MRN12

Post by MRN12 »

Welcome back Damo mate, good to see you still tinkering with the blue machine.

Cameron
13.45@101mph
Currently No.12 E15ET Top Ten
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhhhh Damo, long time, very long time.
Been wondering where Uve been M8?

Dave and T pretty much lurk mostly now. But they are definitely there.
Renegade is usually pretty vocal and has one of the highest post counts LOL!
Uschi and Shane are the other forum headkickers around here LOL.

Ive been in touch with Tarsh asking him where Ud gone!!! I catch him on MSN regularly.
Ive been trying to persuade Tarsh to come back on but hes a bit into the MX-6 these days and dun seem inclined to play with the ET's much now. Well have to keep working on him yer?
Ive tried to talk him out of some of his go-fast bits......yeah....sure, fat chance LOLOL!

Family all well? Little one would have to be quite a big one now eh? Anymore?

175 @ 23.....mmmmm thats making the numbers now. Hmmmm, possibly a small spec DiscoPotato for you ya boost hound!

Got the SMC sorted out now I presume?

That book by AGB is the absolute must have bible for every force fed tinkerer!
Hah! and i dont have it!
Anywhoo M8 awesome to hear ull be back around a bit more!
\
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

DUDE! YAY!!!!!!

Heh heh heh, goos to see you back mate, I'm sure we'll benefit from you back here, especially with that book. Sound pretty interesting, will have to source me a copy and get more signatures on my petition for the 8th day to be added to the week....

Good figures from the ET to mate, very very good in fact.
Hey, just out of interest I'm flying to your neck of the woods tomorrow, and I'll be there tomorrow night. But I will be working all night. :(
I want to bring the Exa down for a long w/end once it's up and running, maybe we'll organise a day at Wakefield!!!!

Good to have you back on board my friend.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
angel

Re: It's good to be back!

Post by angel »

Damo wrote:[message for the old farts from the original forum]

Hey Glen, E, Dave, (is T still around?)
I'm finaly back online, so you will now be able to bask in my old school whit on a regular basis.

I was given a brillinat book reicently called "Forced Induction Performance Tuning" by Graham Bell. Apparently he must have retired from making phones (because that must have been boring as!) to concentrate on something a little more exciting.
Anyway, so far its a fantastic insight into some of the secrets on what I though would be 'Not for public info' on 80's F1, Top fuel, rally and other engine specifications, such as boost, fuel, cam timing, ect ect. I'll keep you posted if I read something outstanding.

BTW, had the little blue rice rocket on the rollers yeasterday and it spat out 144 on 16psi and 175 on 23ish. Past that boost it didn't seem to do much else, the turbo must be well and truly off the 'Island'. I ran out of time so we didn't even touch ignition timing. Apparently it didn't ping once throughout the runs it did. So with a bit of timing I would hope for another 10-15 (fingers crossed).
It span up 155 in the past on 23psi.
I spins both tyres quite easily now coming onto boost in 3rd, where before it would only get one turning.

Anywho, back again!
hi damo

is that kw's or hp, good work on the numbers
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
Damo

Post by Damo »

Thanks fellas. =7]

Yeah E, the little girl is not so little anymore, 3 1/2 going on 13! I was just converting some mini DV to DVD last night and was shocked to see how much she has grown in the past 12mths. Little cute thing bumbling through her words (then), to now tell me to "Be quite!" when she is watching her "programmes" on the tube. You ask yourself wether they could possibly be the same child.
We have also added a little man to team 'Di Munno', Ethan, born waaaayyyy to early and with a few dramas now takes up the babe role coming in at 6mths old. But appart from early on in the year, everyone happy and well.
I have Tarsh's #, will have to take him for a another spin to re-inspire the man next time I'm up that way. Back in 2000 (if memory serves) I was up there for the games, went past his place and took him for a spin. He was saying that that was need to give him the itch to get back into the project.
He has a very tasty looking peice of alloy head with big ports, big cam and valves crying to be used. I wonder if he will donate them to E15ET science and have them installed into my bay.

Glenn, when do you start work tomorrow, time for a blast in the car?

Angle, go the metric system. 190hp and 233hp for the Pom and Jap members.

Also, at the dyno yesterday, there was a moderate dollar GTR pushing 326kw @ 22psi which on the road in the passenger seat felt all the world like a low 11. Plus a 244 Volvo with a TT Rover V8 spitting out 376kw on 16psi!
Got footage of all the cars too.

Damo
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey dude, I fly in at about lunch, maybe have some time in the arvo, maybe not though, and then work that night.
Drop me an SmS sometime tomorrow bout lunch, I prolly won't have net access.

BTW, After I split last time I relised I forgot to ask about the family, felt like a right prick!!!! Then forgot to ask in my last post again! Frig.....

LoL
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Dont listen to Renegades' snivelling and crawling M8.
Hes just and ignorant cu...........oh never mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K's Glenn!!!!! LMAO

Congrats on DiMunno Mk11 tho M8! Awesome!

Yer I have actually inqired about Tarsh's tricked up head. Hes shown me some detailed pix of the thing. My my, thats n ice bit of clobber!
This is what I had in mind when i wanted to lighten him of some go-fast parts!!! Hahahaha.
Needless to say he "seems" a little reluctant to simply GIVE it to me purely for "research" purposes!

Sorry M8, youll have to get in line! Bwaaahahahahah!

Speaking of time flying, my own son is now 18 and my daughter is 24............ going on 38 and 44 respectively......egads!
There is an old saying M8 about children, specifically my son.
"The apple does not fall far from the tree"!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the mould had been well and truly broken after me but some cruel twist of nature has inflicted the world with a new and improved version of tassuperkart LMAO!!! Lord help us all!

Be good
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Hey damo, welcome back.

You better get your car back out to the strip soon, im only 0.19 seconds behind you, and 4mph faster :D
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Nice power figures Damo.

It would be good to hear some updated times, your result from 2002 is starting to make it's way down the wrong end of the list haha.

Any plans to head back to the track soon?

Uschi.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Damo

Post by Damo »

Don't worry E, I know exactly where Glenn's head space is. When he was down last all I could get out of him was "Beer me. Boy thats a nice beer. Gee did you check out the beers on her! And, I wish this Canberra water tasted a little more like.................beer. =7]

No worries Shane, I figure I'd do a run every 5 years or so to keep it fresh. No point going back week after week only shaving a fraction of a tenth at a time, I want to make it worthwhile an smack a good second off and add 5-10mph in the process. =7]
I have been promising for a while, but I will be back to the track within 3months.

Out of interest, there was a thrad a while back which gives a damn realistic best time based on your mph. Works like this:

You take the 1/4 mile in feet which is 1320 then divide it by your mph, and whala, your theoretical best possible pass.

80mph could get you a 16.5

90mph could get you a 14.67

100mph could get you a 13.2

110mph " " " " 12.0

120mph " " " " 11.0

Damo