N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

'The PANDA' *56k warning*

The place to introduce yourself, post photos and specs of your car.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

so when is the turbo conversion happening?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Kimmo wrote:Gotta love the hydroformed aluminium : D
you should see the Flat bar road bike I have on the way Dang thats some nice pipe work!!!!

Ash mate 480watts is good enough for now, and for the other vehicle she doesnt need aturbo its torquey enough as it is lol Should hear the beast haha stock exhaust with a stainless twin muffler on the back , had comments on the liberty forum how its the best N/A subie they have heard :)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i was actually talking about for the bike
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh like I said ash 480watts is enough for now :P More power on tap if I stand up and sprint hahaha so thats more like a supercharger cos its switchable:P
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Panda_ET wrote:yeh like I said ash 480watts is enough for now :P More power on tap if I stand up and sprint hahaha so thats more like a supercharger cos its switchable:P
how do you come to the conclusion of 480watts? i'm curious.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Had a Virtual trainer(Bike trainer plugs into your PC and you ride world cup tracks/famous mountain passes/velodromes/Le tour etc etc) at home borrowed from a friend, the dynamo feeds back and tells you your power output I put down consistant 380-480watts for a 1.5 ride seated no sprinting(I feel too unco when you cant swing the bike side to side lol) pissed off my mate who owns the unit cos 1. I did the race faster than him 2. He is fitter but not as powerful and lastly 3. cos I beat him roflmao I was only 12seconds behind our mate who races(QLD champ, Tas champ in MTB and road) Lets say I was pretty pleased lol.

Will get a new power reading soon once I get my road bike I should have a shitload more power now as I have been working on strengthening my knees and toned the legs a lot more.

Before you ask Ash no I dont wear much lycra only in winter under my shorts I wear compression tights to keep my knees warm and makes me feel sexay :P Theres one thing in this world that isnt needed is another fat man in lycra lol You should take up riding man I love it , totally chills me out stress from the days work ...In saying that im still an angry old man who will chase anyone down that throws something or yells abuse at me while Im riding and I Will punish them muahahahaah there have been recent examples of my anger lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

well there ya be. i have heard about these virtual bike trainers. sounds like a bit of fun. i used to ride a pushy everywhere. then i got a licence :lol:

i have actually been thinking of buying a bike. one of my mates is right in to downhilling and has started his own business of importing and wholesaling exotic mountain bikes and parts from Europe. apparently some very good gear. i might have a chat to him soon.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Downhilling is hard man big question is "do you have the balls you used to when you were a kid?" lol gotta be pretty damned fit for dowhilling and have plenty of upper body strength. Pity your ove rin australia cos i have a shit load of downhilling DVDs that are just freakin amazing to watch.

If your after a fun bike ask your mate about Freeride bikes they have big travel and are lighter than downhill bikes haha. I gota mate with a specialized BigHit its a 20kg bike and thats a single chainring up front so only 8 gears all up lol my bike comes in just under 13kg and mines heavy for a cross country bike(not in its class but compared to race bikes) and I have 27 gears haha

I wish I had more mates to ride with I not long got back from a ride on my own but I spose it gives me time to think poblem is theres nobody better than me riding with me so I wont get any better lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Back in the day, when I rode everywhere, there was a stationary bike at Scienceworks with a power meter... I managed a 600W spin on that fucker.

Love to have see what I could've cranked on a proper bike....
Panda_ET wrote:road bike
Now you're talking.
Panda_ET wrote:poblem is theres nobody better than me riding with me so I wont get any better lol
Just have a couple of beers and wear your ipod... you'll come home gasping.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

I always have the Ipod going and I rarely drink, the road bike doesnt have drop bars cos I refuse to turn Gay Ill only turn metro and get a Flat barred bike lol Im only going to that cos I want the speed and since I got rid of the Hardtail the poor Dually is copping a Flogging onroad and the gearing is ALL wrong and I really dont want to rebuild the suspension to soon nor replace bearings on it hahaha
Im always stirring my mates up as they race on roadies I keep telling them Im not gay I WONT shave my legs I WON'T wear Knicks and booties lol MTb shorts Fox gloves Fox camo Helmet and hairy legs thats the way it will stay although I do use clipless pedals but I use the Time Attack pedals for POWAHHHHH flatties suck wang

Highest output Ive seen is 1565watts lol that was posted on one the forum I need to sprint and see what the output is.
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

mate, i'm just too powerful for pushies! the only other compareable being is Chuck Norris. but he doesn't like Lycra either.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Panda_ET wrote:......... MTb shorts Fox gloves Fox camo Helmet and hairy legs thats the way it will stay although I do use clipless pedals but I use the Time Attack pedals for POWAHHHHH flatties suck wang.
THAT images will likely give me disturbing dreams for many months to come...OMFG!!!!!!
Kinda like a big fuckoff biker type riding a postie bike........................
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hahahaha yep mate down at the bike shop is like me he wont shave his legs nor wear lycra gear and the roadies always double take when he passes them on the road lol the looks are priceless. The guy can ride he races all the enduros solo I couldnt beleive he did a 24hr enduro solo those guys are crazy lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Pff, any of that's gay.

I'd like to see you tell that to Robbie McEwen... ; )

Drop bars FTW; it's good to have different hand positions to reduce fatigue and allow for different conditions (like climbing versus barrelling downhill), and I reckon it's gay to diss em.

The race bike is a product of more than a century's evolution; it looks the way it does because that's how the ultimate expression of the machine looks.

As for lycra and clipless pedals, that's generally for folks who aren't trying to get anywhere on their bike (I guess you could get changed at your destination, say if you have a locker at work).

I'd love to go for a fang wearing lycra and shoes one day; that shit would be good for two more gears. Wind resistance is your biggest enemy on a treadly (hence the drop bars), and normal clothes are fucked for slicing through the air. In fact, it was worked out that one dude lost the TdF cause he didn't tie his hair back.

As for the leg-shaving, it's not for wind resistance. It's actually for a pretty bad-arse reason... it's for hard men who expect to lose lots of skin, and prefer not to have the healing process fucked up by hairs ripping scabs to shit upon bandage removal.

I'll tell you what's fucking ghey; being told I must wear a helmet.

They're for pussies who are scared of traffic. Pissant pollies act like cycling isn't seven times safer than travelling in a car (in terms of deaths per million hours). Go fuck yourselves with your on-the-spotters, you stinking fucks.

The hide, to interfere with such pure freedom...

The non-gayness distilled:

And:

Hard. If you know what you're looking at, you know that shit is way more macho than poofing about with a bit of pigskin.

PS. I fucken hate how they dont make sexy toe-clip pedals anymore; you have to search high and low to find the sweet Shimano ones from the 80s...
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

I saw a new bike tha other day with the toe cages is that what your after???

haha the Gay thing Kimmo itm just funnin' my best mates ride road bikes haha I love stirring them up about having outifts that match the bike rofl(Although I dream that one day I could own a $15,000 carbon bike that only weighs 7kilos)

Haha Yeh I know its not for wind resistance peeling hairs out of your wounds so you dont get ingrowns isnt fun haha Clipless pedals are for the fast and people who dont like wasting power I love being clipped in as you get power on the upstroke ;) I ride mountain bike so my shoes are walkable not like the road version that just have the cleats on the base, if you do change dont bother with SPD pedals they are crap lol

I still prefer flat/low rise bars haha always will "Hard men do it in the rock gardens" :P

I ahve actually come across robbie down here got some photos of him somewhere, If you want a serious cycling community come to tassie :)

But I have to disagree with the helmet parts Ive always worn a helmet and hate seeing people without them, Its not to protect you from yourself but from those retarded car drivers who decide to plow through you from behind. Ask Louise Yaxley who got smashed by a german L plater if her helmet was a good thing ;)

I love shopping at Wiggle.co.uk if you havent been there it sa good place to shop they ship free to aus if you spend more than $95 atm I think. Ive been buying my parts for less than mates shop i buying them for hahaha
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com